+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ON PNP-reference letter needed for verification-after PPR?

joyous

Star Member
Sep 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2014
AOR Received.
15-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
29-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
LANDED..........
In-land applicant
My lawyer made an official complaint to CIC due to delay and freeze.

I asked CIC if the official complaint would jeopardize my application and he said no, and that they actually welcome complaints.

After his official complaint, my lawyer got a call from CIC call centre manager who gave a little bit more clarity on my application, including a rough timeline, but said no guarantees. At least it is not just keep saying ON HOLD like they always do!

For those waiting, suggest making an official complaint to CIC only if your application is wayyyyyy past expected processing time. Maybe you will get more answers. However, not sure how to actually do this. Just sharing my experience.

missp

Jul 24, 2014
joyous said:
My lawyer made an official complaint to CIC due to delay and freeze.

I asked CIC if the official complaint would jeopardize my application and he said no, and that they actually welcome complaints.

After his official complaint, my lawyer got a call from CIC call centre manager who gave a little bit more clarity on my application, including a rough timeline, but said no guarantees. At least it is not just keep saying ON HOLD like they always do!

For those waiting, suggest making an official complaint to CIC only if your application is wayyyyyy past expected processing time. Maybe you will get more answers. However, not sure how to actually do this. Just sharing my experience.
Hi, do you mind sharing the timeline given by the cic manager and what exactly he clarified regarding the application. i also applied for an extension of my work permit with my opnp support letter and it has been hold for a while now.

indocanadian13

Oct 22, 2014
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa / CIO-Sydney
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31st July
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with file
File Transfer...
God knows
Med's Request
12-02-2015
Med's Done....
03-03-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
15-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2015
LANDED..........
01-06-2015
Can someone advice me under which NOC list job for "Accountant" falls. Is it 0,A or B or C ?

I am placed as accountant or accounts manager. My NOC code is 1114.
Please advice.

LibraNova

Jul 11, 2014
indocanadian13 said:
Can someone advice me under which NOC list job for "Accountant" falls. Is it 0,A or B or C ?

I am placed as accountant or accounts manager. My NOC code is 1114.
Please advice.
Accountant and Accounts Manager are two different professions, although they sound similar but there is little relationship in terms of job responsibilities. Please specify which profession you are talking about

indocanadian13

Oct 22, 2014
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa / CIO-Sydney
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31st July
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with file
File Transfer...
God knows
Med's Request
12-02-2015
Med's Done....
03-03-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
15-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2015
LANDED..........
01-06-2015
LibraNova said:
Accountant and Accounts Manager are two different professions, although they sound similar but there is little relationship in terms of job responsibilities. Please specify which profession you are talking about
Hi
My job is "Accountant" in a transportation company.

indocanadian13

Oct 22, 2014
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa / CIO-Sydney
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31st July
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with file
File Transfer...
God knows
Med's Request
12-02-2015
Med's Done....
03-03-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
15-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2015
LANDED..........
01-06-2015
I came to know this from a trusted source.
OPNP is calling applicants and CIC is doing QA to distinguish eligible candidates for Express Entry. Those applicants who are eligible will be automatically added to Express Entry and will be given PR within 6 months i.e., June-July 2015. In this case, applicants don't have to re-apply. CIC will automatically select.
Now, they are doing it for Ontario only because they have 40% of the backlog from Ontario, hence they want to clear this first. That is why they are observing each and every file carefully and therefore, the process is slow.
Those applicants, not selected for EE will be processed at normal speed under original existing category.
Also, maximum applicants of Ontario leave ontario once they get Nomination or PR to get better job opportunities in other provinces. CIC and OPNP wants to make sure that applicants will stay in their designated provinces even after PR.
So guys, no need to worry, CIC is going to clear the backlog very soon in the beginning on the next year and they have already started working on it. Many applicants have started receiving AOR/ME and the process in ON now.
The people who have already applied between MAY-AUG will be given preference in EE and their files will be cleared ASAP.

taurus1985

Mar 10, 2014
indocanadian13 said:
I came to know this from a trusted source.
OPNP is calling applicants and CIC is doing QA to distinguish eligible candidates for Express Entry. Those applicants who are eligible will be automatically added to Express Entry and will be given PR within 6 months i.e., June-July 2015. In this case, applicants don't have to re-apply. CIC will automatically select.
Now, they are doing it for Ontario only because they have 40% of the backlog from Ontario, hence they want to clear this first. That is why they are observing each and every file carefully and therefore, the process is slow.
Those applicants, not selected for EE will be processed at normal speed under original existing category.
Also, maximum applicants of Ontario leave ontario once they get Nomination or PR to get better job opportunities in other provinces. CIC and OPNP wants to make sure that applicants will stay in their designated provinces even after PR.
So guys, no need to worry, CIC is going to clear the backlog very soon in the beginning on the next year and they have already started working on it. Many applicants have started receiving AOR/ME and the process in ON now.
The people who have already applied between MAY-AUG will be given preference in EE and their files will be cleared ASAP.
what is the creteria for EE because master stream doesnt require job offer n what i have read about EE that canadian employer need to select us then CIC will give us PR ..

indocanadian13

Oct 22, 2014
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa / CIO-Sydney
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31st July
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
29-01-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted with file
File Transfer...
God knows
Med's Request
12-02-2015
Med's Done....
03-03-2015
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
15-05-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2015
LANDED..........
01-06-2015
taurus1985 said:
what is the creteria for EE because master stream doesnt require job offer n what i have read about EE that canadian employer need to select us then CIC will give us PR ..
Thats why OPNP is calling applicants to ask if they are working.
Also, EE has a stream of Provincial nominee also. Those without job might be eligible under that category.

taurus1985

Mar 10, 2014
indocanadian13 said:
Thats why OPNP is calling applicants to ask if they are working.
Also, EE has a stream of Provincial nominee also. Those without job might be eligible under that category.
I would suggest everyone to don't spread these kinds of rumours because CIC have started working on files n my friend from june 2013 already got DM and he was part of QA thing...