+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ON PNP-reference letter needed for verification-after PPR?

fenomenalb

Star Member
Jan 16, 2014
If you have the time, patience and money to apply for another stream, I would say do it. The reason I won't do it now, is that I applied 8 months after you so I guess I have a bit of patience to spare and honestly I don't feel like doing almost EVERYTHING over again.
Good luck my friend
jeff.torbain said:
OK Good people ...
I've been reading and reading ... and I honestly can't decide ... need your HELP!!
For someone who has already applied to ON PNP (Back in June 2013) Master Graduate stream ... now has been employed for 2 years and his file is now IN HOLD thanks to QA at CIC, do you suggest:
a) Apply to Federal CEC quickly before Jan 2015 and Express Entry kicks in
b) Wait for EE and apply through EE in Jan 2015
c) Apply through Family Sponsorship program (my wife is Canadian citizen)
c) None of the above (stick with ON PNP until SOMETHING happens)

I will not hold anyone bound to their helpful answers, just give me your opinion.
Thanks,
JT

ananas

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
Med's Request
06-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-02-2015
Interview........
N/A RPRF request: 16-04-2015
jeff.torbain said:
OK Good people ...
I've been reading and reading ... and I honestly can't decide ... need your HELP!!
For someone who has already applied to ON PNP (Back in June 2013) Master Graduate stream ... now has been employed for 2 years and his file is now IN HOLD thanks to QA at CIC, do you suggest:

I will not hold anyone bound to their helpful answers, just give me your opinion.
Thanks,
JT
We have a similar situation (also two years of work experience) except I am not married to a Canadian and I applied to Ontario PNP in April 2013. My patience is stretched thin at this point but I cannot bear going through the cost and hassle of applying through another stream. My two cents (opinion based):

EE - Do you know what the fee for EE is going to be? What if it is more outrageous than OPNP? Somehow I doubt that with the sea of applications CIC is going to receive they will get the 6 months processing time right from the start.

Family sponsorship through spouse/common law is a bit of a mess right now... Applicants from back in September 2013 haven't even gone through the first phase yet.

CEC would probably be your best and safest bet I think. I would have gone down that route months ago if I wasn't so mentally exhausted of it all. I might even force myself to do it in the new year if we haven't seen any movement from OPNP.

Anyone else has more thoughts about this? I think having this sort of debate would be useful for everyone...

bethanasame

Star Member
Jul 25, 2013
ananas said:
We have a similar situation (also two years of work experience) except I am not married to a Canadian and I applied to Ontario PNP in April 2013. My patience is stretched thin at this point but I cannot bear going through the cost and hassle of applying through another stream. My two cents (opinion based):

EE - Do you know what the fee for EE is going to be? What if it is more outrageous than OPNP? Somehow I doubt that with the sea of applications CIC is going to receive they will get the 6 months processing time right from the start.

Family sponsorship through spouse/common law is a bit of a mess right now... Applicants from back in September 2013 haven't even gone through the first phase yet.

CEC would probably be your best and safest bet I think. I would have gone down that route months ago if I wasn't so mentally exhausted of it all. I might even force myself to do it in the new year if we haven't seen any movement from OPNP.

Anyone else has more thoughts about this? I think having this sort of debate would be useful for everyone...
6 Months processing time is on paper, but I guess the applications are processed first come first serve. Since express entry falls into PNP, CEC or FSW the express entry applications will be behind the queue of existing applications in the respective categories. FSW may be quicker since its almost current and they did not have much of a backlog (as you know They achieved this by stopping applications for few years and accepting limited since last year). But CEC and PNP has a backlog of atleast a year so I not sure how they will achieve the 6 months processing time.

traxton

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
bethanasame said:
6 Months processing time is on paper, but I guess the applications are processed first come first serve. Since express entry falls into PNP, CEC or FSW the express entry applications will be behind the queue of existing applications in the respective categories. FSW may be quicker since its almost current and they did not have much of a backlog (as you know They achieved this by stopping applications for few years and accepting limited since last year). But CEC and PNP has a backlog of atleast a year so I not sure how they will achieve the 6 months processing time.
I doubt CEC has a 6 month processing time? All my friends who applied via CEC had a processing time between 11-13 months.

Stealth Assasin

Star Member
May 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2014
Doc's Request.
RCMP & RPRF in May 2015; Additional Docs Sept 2015
AOR Received.
March 2015
Med's Request
May 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015
Passport Req..
January 2016, Thank God!!
LANDED..........
InLand
Sandipppp said:
Need some suggestions from you guys.

My file received by CIO on August 25/2014, under int. Student with a job offer. I am still awaiting AOR.

I had received a letter from OPNP to support the extension of my work permit. My work permit is expiring March 15/2015 and the nomination is expiring in January. Therefore, i would like to seek some help from you guys as to when should i apply work permit extension keeping in mind that CIO deferred issuing AOR, but wee lately saw someone getting an AOR which is a good sign.

I hope and pray that everyone gets their AOR very soon. Good Luck!!
Please advise if i can apply for work ext. now with the help of OPNP letter?

Thanks in advance!!
Sandeep
I know someone who's extension of work permit application is on hold as well - because of this whole review!! This is very frustrating!! If you are working, you can continue to work legally - as you have implied status because your application is in process. but don't leave the country after your permit expires - unless you get the new extension.

Stealth Assasin

Star Member
May 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2014
Doc's Request.
RCMP & RPRF in May 2015; Additional Docs Sept 2015
AOR Received.
March 2015
Med's Request
May 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015
Passport Req..
January 2016, Thank God!!
LANDED..........
InLand
jeff.torbain said:
OK Good people ...

Thanks,
JT
My Opinion, apply to CEC or wait.

Express entry guarantees 6 months - after you get an invitation to apply - but they don't say how long will it take for them to issue an invitation to apply - which can add another 6 months!!!

taurus1985

Mar 10, 2014
sgyadam said:
Just wonder.taurus1985
Where is the information resource?
I do not see any changes on the websites..

;) :eek::eek:
I got an email from my education institute international student coordinator..

Indian applicant

Jun 29, 2014
taurus1985 said:
I got an email from my education institute international student coordinator..
Hi Sgyadam,
This is perhaps against the OOPNP nomination target of 2500 for all streams in the year 2104. It was 1300 for the previous year with adhoc additional 100.

I could not find the information published but See in FAQ what happens if the cap is reached http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/OI/en/pnp/index.htm

What happens to my application when the full quota has been reached?
Ontario Immigration Applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. When the program reaches its target, submitted applications will be assessed in the next calendar year. All applications received will be processed. The processing fee is non-refundable, but guarantees the processing of the application irrespective of the calendar year. You can stay up to date by checking what's new with Opportunities Ontario.

taurus1985

Mar 10, 2014
We just reached our quota of 2500. In most years we get some more positions allocated from CIC, so we are likely to nominate more people. Also, we don’t stop processing though we have met the quota – we still have an inventory of applications and they will continue to be reviewed so that, whether it be through new allocations this year or starting from zero on January 1st, we will be able to quickly nominate approvable applicants. Please advise students that they are still welcome to apply and that, given our usual 3-4 months processing time, they will not notice much of a lag time because, as I said, we will continue to work on them and then nominate early in 2015 at the latest.

traxton

Star Member
Apr 24, 2013
taurus1985 said:
We just reached our quota of 2500. In most years we get some more positions allocated from CIC, so we are likely to nominate more people. Also, we don't stop processing though we have met the quota – we still have an inventory of applications and they will continue to be reviewed so that, whether it be through new allocations this year or starting from zero on January 1st, we will be able to quickly nominate approvable applicants. Please advise students that they are still welcome to apply and that, given our usual 3-4 months processing time, they will not notice much of a lag time because, as I said, we will continue to work on them and then nominate early in 2015 at the latest.
Quota reaching its limit now is expected. Last year the quota was reached in September, forcing me and many others to wait till Feb the following year to get the nomination!

On another note, I'm seeing in other threads of AINP and BCPNP applicants getting recent Oct updates (i.e. AOR, In Progress, etc) for their PR applications. How come ONPNP applicants still NO NEWS?! How much longer is this bias targeting and hold of ONPNP applications going to end?!

lukeqichen

Jun 26, 2014
Oakville
taurus1985 said:
We just reached our quota of 2500. In most years we get some more positions allocated from CIC, so we are likely to nominate more people. Also, we don't stop processing though we have met the quota – we still have an inventory of applications and they will continue to be reviewed so that, whether it be through new allocations this year or starting from zero on January 1st, we will be able to quickly nominate approvable applicants. Please advise students that they are still welcome to apply and that, given our usual 3-4 months processing time, they will not notice much of a lag time because, as I said, we will continue to work on them and then nominate early in 2015 at the latest.
Where did your get this paragraph?

ananas

Star Member
Nov 22, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-07-2014
AOR Received.
02-02-2015
Med's Request
06-02-2015
Med's Done....
17-02-2015
Interview........
N/A RPRF request: 16-04-2015
traxton said:
Quota reaching its limit now is expected. Last year the quota was reached in September, forcing me and many others to wait till Feb the following year to get the nomination!

On another note, I'm seeing in other threads of AINP and BCPNP applicants getting recent Oct updates (i.e. AOR, In Progress, etc) for their PR applications. How come ONPNP applicants still NO NEWS?! How much longer is this bias targeting and hold of ONPNP applications going to end?!
Damn. This just keeps getting more discouraging every day. It's kind of ironic that CIC allowed OPNP to raise their quota to 2500 for 2014, and here we are stuck in a QA process for PR since July... I cannot imagine the backlog they have right now.