+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Old Passports Missing in Common Law Application

Sshar

Jun 16, 2014
Hi all,

I've gotten a lot of info from this website for the common law application my partner (a Dutch citizen) and I are submitting - I hope you can help with this one question, I haven't come across yet on this forum!

One of the requirements on the common law application is to submit photocopies of expired passports. As there is no requirement in Holland to hang on to old ones, my partner has not done so.

His current passport was only issued about 4 years ago, so we would like to submit this, along with the police checks and travel dates recorded ONLY in the document although he has previously lived in South Africa for more than 6 months before his current passport was issued.

Does anyone know if not having old passports handy be an issue for CIC? I also worry that they may think we are lying on our application somehow.

Appreciate any thoughts and advice people might have!!!

steler

Star Member
Dec 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 5th 2014
AOR Received.
Mar 7th (First); Mar 25th (Second) 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 7th 2014
LANDED..........
July 9th, 2014
Sshar said:
Hi all,

I've gotten a lot of info from this website for the common law application my partner (a Dutch citizen) and I are submitting - I hope you can help with this one question, I haven't come across yet on this forum!

One of the requirements on the common law application is to submit photocopies of expired passports. As there is no requirement in Holland to hang on to old ones, my partner has not done so.

His current passport was only issued about 4 years ago, so we would like to submit this, along with the police checks and travel dates recorded ONLY in the document although he has previously lived in South Africa for more than 6 months before his current passport was issued.

Does anyone know if not having old passports handy be an issue for CIC? I also worry that they may think we are lying on our application somehow.

Appreciate any thoughts and advice people might have!!!
Hello Sshar,
Where does it says that you have to send photocopies of expired passports? It is the first time that I hear something like this, and I applied like you last February.
Maybe you mean the document where you and your partner has declare the places that you have been, that is not either your country of residence or your country of citizenship.
Cheers