OLD IN PROCESS VS NEW IN PROCESS ON ECAS EXPLAINED

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zee7447 said:
Hey Eagle333

Here is my case. If you can help me to understand if they waived the interview for her after sending extra docs and eligibility passed or not. I am assuming I'm under new in process list

My wife is from Bangladesh and i applied for her PR in march 2015. On June 10th she received a letter that she is on interview list. After that i applied for her visit visa 2 times and both time was rejected. I visited her on July 2015 for 2 months. I received GCMS notes and visa officer had some doubt about our marriage. I sent the Visa officer an email clarifying the doubts and also all the expenses and our honeymoon documents in the email. SVO received her file on May 25th 2015 and ever since then her status on ECAS was APPLICATION RECEIVED. Suddenly after 1 week later sending the email to Visa officer the status changed from APPLICATION RECEIVED to IN PROCESS. When it changed to in process it added a line " we started processing your file may 2015". So have 3 line now. App received, started processing, medical result has received".Is that a good sign? Is that mean her interview is waived? I read in different forums that the status never changes to in process till you give the interview. I also read that in process means the application is in final stage and close to passport submission request. Please let me know if anyone knows anything about it. Thanks in Advance

Application submission March 1st 2015
AOR received May 10th 2015
File Transfered to SVO May 25th 2015
Interview Letter received June 10th 2015
Application changed "APPLICATION RECEIVED to IN PROCESS" October 11th 2015 ( 1 week after sending email to visa officer with clarification and additional docs)
Sent more additional doc to SVO by email on DEC 4th 2015
I don't want to give you false hope zee7447, remember there is a sign of interview on your file and the only way you can be sure that it is waved; is when CIC tells you or see in your GCMS notes for yourself.

medopharm

Oct 18, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-03-2015
AOR Received.
28-04-2015
File Transfer...
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
14-11-2014
Interview........
22-12-2015
Passport Req..
04-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
06-01- 2016 Alhmdullelah
LANDED..........
20-01-2016
Eagle333 said:
Hi medopharm,

If I were you, I'll keep those additional proofs you got right now so that when she goes for interview she carries something which will attract the officer's attention than walking bear handed just to come answering questions. You can still send those proofs with the hope to wave the interview but what if they don't wave it and still want to meet your wife in person in order to find out whatever they want.

You are her husband and comforter in these difficult times, when you start panicking on the phone you are just making things worse without knowing. Remember you will actually plant a seed of fear and panic in her, so at the time of that interview a tree of fear would have already bore fruits then end up getting rejection simply because she would panic and display deceptions in her body language. You need to prepare her mentally to be positive, remove fear in her with more assured words. Where do you think I got this little knowledge and experience I got with PR process? I went through thick and thin my friend but I had always have faith in someone who is above me and CIC, that is why I don't panic like I see people doing in this forum. There are questions people never asking me on this forum which is fine with me. I know how a complete GCMS notes look like when the visa is issued and CoPR printed and I also know how a Refused case look on GCMS notes because it happened to me in the past. I believe that made me more stronger and I do sympathise a lot with people because I went through what they are going now.

In short medopharm, I trust you will be a positive image in front of your wife. She probably does not even understand what she is about to go through and all she knows; she has a man who seems to be in control. You got to face this with wisdom and ask questions to people you will be alright. You can choose to send those proofs if you wish so at the same still prepare your wife mentally how to handle those 30-45 min interview. Remember she can still speak in the language she is comfortable in to reduce the stress or panic in case she will be. All the best and I will put you in my prayers.

Best Regards
thank you very much for your full answer

AnQ

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
Hi eagle,
Thanks for ur help in this forum.

I would like to ask as well.

I have 3 lines on my ecas.
April 27, 2015 submission.
July 14, 2015 PPR plus with documents they needed.
September 5, IP mode.

I ordered GCMS notes.
November 6, 2015 GCMS noted received

assessment: in progress
criminality: not started
security: not started
medical: passed

Paper file:FCPNP-put-away.

Thanks for any comment eagle.
Can i order notes by now after a month or wait until next year?
I don't know what to expect next.

But i am still determined and waiting patiently...any good news for next year.Godbless! TIA

zee7447

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
27-05-2016
Med's Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Done....
24-02-2015
Interview........
09-05-2016
Passport Req..
12-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
LANDED..........
05-10-2016
Eagle333 said:
I don't want to give you false hope zee7447, remember there is a sign of interview on your file and the only way you can be sure that it is waved; is when CIC tells you or see in your GCMS notes for yourself.
hey eagle333
Thanks for replaying. I am actually planing to get another GCMS note. My application went from application received to in process. Is that mean they are working on it or setting up a interview date? Or its just the system automatically changed the status to IN PROCESS? I also read somewhere in this forum that the VO review the files every 3 months. Is that true? All i am trying to do is get an idea about In process. I mean has to be a reason why it changed the status and what could be the possible reason. Thanks :)

CharisseyB

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2015
Doc's Request.
09-22-2015
AOR Received.
05-05-2015 Sponsorship Approval
File Transfer...
12-05-2015 Mississauga to Ottawa
Med's Done....
31-07-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
DM 07-02-2016
LANDED..........
Possibly APRIL 2016
Hey guys,

8 months in and I am still waiting for my husband’s application to be approved. What I do not understand is that his application is sooo simple and people who have much more horrible and complicated cases has been approved already. I am so frustrated with the whole system! My husband is American. He has no past criminal records, no marriages, no children! What the hec is taking so long for them to finally approve this application!?!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

abddayo

Star Member
May 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-06-2015
AOR Received.
AOR1: 28-07-2015 AOR2 08-09-2015
File Transfer...
30-08-2015
Med's Done....
12-06-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
18-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2016
LANDED..........
19-02-2016
CharisseyB said:
Hey guys,

8 months in and I am still waiting for my husband’s application to be approved. What I do not understand is that his application is sooo simple and people who have much more horrible and complicated cases has been approved already. I am so frustrated with the whole system! My husband is American. He has no past criminal records, no marriages, no children! What the hec is taking so long for them to finally approve this application!?!!!!

Most people that have delays are due to their security checks. maybe your husband worked for the government or something. It's frustrating I know.

Turbo2000

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-06-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
DM1: 02-07-2015, IN PROCESS: 09-10-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
12-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM2: 12-18-2015
LANDED..........
JAN. 17TH 2016 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
While an application might look so simple in one's eyes, it might be the opposite for CIC.

At one point you said your in-law's children were mistakenly considered as your husband's.

CIC will be interested to know if this was intentional or not. Adding photos with the kids even complicated the issue.

Things like these, may render a seemingly routine application non-routine resulting in longer processing times.

Just keep your fingers crossed, you will hear good news from your VO soon.

Good luck !

CharisseyB said:
Hey guys,

Sunset0505

Dec 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss/Ottawa/LA and July/15 in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
08JUL2015
AOR Received.
09APR2014/SA 05JUN2014
File Transfer...
15JUL2014
Med's Request
2nd-01JUN2015/3rd 15JUL2015
Med's Done....
29/03/14& 15/06/15& 03/08/15/mailed 01/11/2015
Interview........
03NOV2015 in LA
Passport Req..
IP 23SEP15/DM 12/12/15
LANDED..........
29APR2016
Turbo2000 said:
While an application might look so simple in one's eyes, it might be the opposite for CIC.

At one point you said your in-law's children were mistakenly considered as your husband's.

CIC will be interested to know if this was intentional or not. Adding photos with the kids even complicated the issue.

Things like these, may render a seemingly routine application non-routine resulting in longer processing times.

Just keep your fingers crossed, you will hear good news from your VO soon.

Good luck !

Like us...CIC not being able to open the attachment for emeds (162 days) and something that happen 25 years ago( this was a month) and the case sitting somewhere for 9 months( confirmed with case notes) is what has held us up...

sandands

Star Member
Mar 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2013
AOR Received.
15--12-2013
File Transfer...
21-01-2014
Interview........
03-2015 will be Approved In Shah Allah
Passport Req..
23-12-2015
VISA ISSUED...
In Shah Allah soon
LANDED..........
In Shah Allah soon
Eagle333 said:
No it won't bring any negative impact, it is her right to ask and no one can judge her for that or punish her either. If it were me I would do it.
thank you Eagle333

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AnQ said:
Hi eagle,
Thanks for ur help in this forum.

I would like to ask as well.

I have 3 lines on my ecas.
April 27, 2015 submission.
July 14, 2015 PPR plus with documents they needed.
September 5, IP mode.

I ordered GCMS notes.
November 6, 2015 GCMS noted received

assessment: in progress
criminality: not started
security: not started
medical: passed

Paper file:FCPNP-put-away.

Thanks for any comment eagle.
Can i order notes by now after a month or wait until next year?
I don't know what to expect next.

But i am still determined and waiting patiently...any good news for next year.Godbless! TIA
Hi AnQ,

The day your eligibility will say pass the same day they will update Criminality as well, then you will have 3 passes. Order your GCMS end of January by then you might have 4 passes meaning ELIG. SEC. CRIM. MED.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zee7447 said:
hey eagle333
Thanks for replaying. I am actually planing to get another GCMS note. My application went from application received to in process. Is that mean they are working on it or setting up a interview date? Or its just the system automatically changed the status to IN PROCESS? I also read somewhere in this forum that the VO review the files every 3 months. Is that true? All i am trying to do is get an idea about In process. I mean has to be a reason why it changed the status and what could be the possible reason. Thanks :)
Hi zee7447,

You need to order your GCMS again if you see they waived that interview then you will not have any doubt as to how your file progresses. What I know is that Criminality is already passed if you submitted a PCC as well as MED. You need to wait until eligibility passes then you will be off the hook.

rose68

Jul 25, 2015
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI INDIA
Hi Eagle,
I m frm NDVO spousal applicant.
My application received on June22,2015
When i have to apply for GCSM notes?
I appreciate yr time.
Thk u.
Rgds.

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rose68 said:
Hi Eagle,
I m frm NDVO spousal applicant.
My application received on June22,2015
When i have to apply for GCSM notes?
I appreciate yr time.
Thk u.
Rgds.
Hi rose68,

I would advise you to request your GCMS January 30th 2016 that will be a good moment. Most Canadian embassies will reduced their man power during this holiday season, so there is no much is going to happen until the second week of January when everything will be in full swing.

Cheers

Raz3

Star Member
Nov 23, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
20-08-2014
File Transfer...
14-10-2014
Med's Request
15-10-2014....remeds October 3 2016
Med's Done....
20-10-2014...DNA results August 11 2016
Interview........
sceduled for April 2016....passed
Passport Req..
DM June 27 2017....Praying for the day
VISA ISSUED...
Inshallah
LANDED..........
Counting every second...Happiest day of my life
Hey eagle,

Appreciate all your effort in answering all of our questions

I got my gcms notes and it said ********recomend interview******** and everything else not started. I want to know what "FOSS" & "spr" meant?

Does this really mean we have an interview? Or is there a chance to dodge it? We have a baby and VO is aware and also in notes.

Please give me your opinion. Thank you

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Raz3 said:
Hey eagle,

Appreciate all your effort in answering all of our questions

I got my gcms notes and it said ********recomend interview******** and everything else not started. I want to know what "FOSS" & "spr" meant?

Does this really mean we have an interview? Or is there a chance to dodge it? We have a baby and VO is aware and also in notes.

Please give me your opinion. Thank you
Hello Raz3,

Yes it means you have an interview, in the coming days you will receive an email or a letter notifying you about the time, location and date of that interview. Foss note checked means they checked if you ever lived in Canada. GCMS is mostly for outland PR and FOSS notes for Inland PR. SPR means Sponsor. I have a question for you if you don't mind: what does Eligibility status say in your GCMS. I am doing a survey because end of next week I will create a new thread about GCMS.