+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OLD IN PROCESS VS NEW IN PROCESS ON ECAS EXPLAINED

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
braveblade said:
Thank you so much! From your experience, what's the possibility of interview judging from my ecas status?
First and for most, If there was an interview they would have sent you a notice in writing after the pre-screening review of the file, this letter comes sometimes 3-5 months before the interview day so that you know the date, time and location to meet them. If you submitted good supportive documents you will be fine.

Tun701

Star Member
Feb 12, 2015
Hi! I am trying to decide if we are in the old process or the new process! Been reading your post over which is very interesting but maybe you can clarify where you think it stands! Have ordered notes but haven't received them yet! Here's what ECAS says: We received application on May 8 2015. We started processing application July 16 2015 Medical results have been received. It sat for the longest time at Application received but on October 9th( like a lot of people) it changed to in process. Any thoughts?? Thanks!!

preetiv

May 4, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
AOR Received.
22-8-2014
File Transfer...
2-09-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
29-08-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
hope so soon by God's grace
VISA ISSUED...
crossing fingers
Hi eagle333,
You are doing a wonderful job by helping us
+1 for that

I've a doubt usually background checks are done before the re medicals or after the re medicals??

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys I want to clarify something. I would like to explain in process the other way maybe it can shed more light than before. Because I had a flood of private emails yesterday. Contact me on the thread so that your question can be answered by someone who may know more than me but I will try to answer questions that I know based on my experience and knowledge.

CASE PROCESSING CENTRE MISSISSUAGA ONTARIO :

Is responsible to create any permanent residence application's profile for outside of Canada. Wherever you are in the world, if you want to sponsor your loved ones, you start by sending your application to this Canadian department. And what do they actually do at the CPC? They have to check your application for completeness, they create your first GCMS and start filling in the information you put in the forms those who once ordered their GCMS before knows what I am talking about. They enter all the information provided by you. They evaluate the sponsor by doing background checks, if you have a good habit of working and not rely on social welfare, so every investigation they do for the sponsor in Canada need to return negative to them in order to be qualify as a sponsor. They enter the medical information if you did upfront medical. And once eveything is good the system generate your File number which is different than your UCI number. Then they send the file to a Canadian Visa Office abroad for final processing.

VISA OFFICE ( ELIGIBILITY REVIEW):

Visa Office is specialized to blow up the cover of lies that are in files. They start evaluate both the sponsor and the sponsored person. They review the application and every supporting documents at the Visa Office. If your file does not warrant for a pass. They will send at the early stage of the process an interview letter to the sponsored person to explain why there are so many holes in the file. They will review the application and decide if an interview is necessery, if the application deem to be complete processing can then begin.

IN PROCESS:

Based on the review of your complete application pakage, it will be determained that your application is eligible for processing. Now background checks can begin. For how long? No one knows. What is background checks Eagle? they start checking if you are admissible to enter Canada based on your Criminality and Security Reasons. If your past is good don't worry they won't find anything. When you see the date on your application that is the date it went in process so you understand at least where you are now.

Hope it helps friends

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
preetiv said:
Hi eagle333,
You are doing a wonderful job by helping us
+1 for that

I've a doubt usually background checks are done before the re medicals or after the re medicals??
before re-med. thanks

preetiv

May 4, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
AOR Received.
22-8-2014
File Transfer...
2-09-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
29-08-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
crossing fingers
Eagle333 said:
before re-med. thanks
Oh great so applicants who have got their re medicals are through so they can expect their ppr any time then ??

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
preetiv said:
Oh great so applicants who have got their re medicals are through so they can expect their ppr any time then ??
After background checks next step is PPR. If RMO decides to extend your medical certificate in case it expired they will extend your medical certificate and inform CIC to proceed with the application if VO was close to take Decision. Before you know it DM will come. I want to sleep guys. I have work tomorrow lol ;). Good day everywhere you are.

CamL-W

Jun 4, 2015
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-June-2015
Doc's Request.
03-December-2015
AOR Received.
SA Letter: 13-August-2015
File Transfer...
In Process : 06-August-2015
Med's Done....
09-March-2015
Passport Req..
New Imm Pics : 03-December-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: 10-January-2016 / COPR: 19-January-2016
Hi Eagle333,

Mind looking at my Ecas status?

I have 3 lines for my Husband's Permanent Residency.

Application is being processed in Ottawa (my Husband is American).

Permanent Residence
1. We received <Husband's Name>'s application for permanent residence on June 1, 2015.
2. We started processing <Husband's Name>'s application on August 4, 2015.
3. Medical results have been received.

I ordered notes just a few days ago, so I don't have much more info than what is on my Ecas.

Thanks in advance!

gorbache

Jul 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 27, 2015
AOR Received.
July 01, 2015
File Transfer...
July 27, 2015 (Letter Jul 31)
Med's Done....
May 05, 2015 (Upfront)
Passport Req..
August 12, 2015 (@CEM Aug 13)
Hello Eagle333,

My case is a new IP method and I have the 3 lines.
ECAS says file started processing on July 27, 2015 (same day as file transfer to Manila)
The processing line in ECAS didn't show up until early September.
However, the applicant's passport was already requested on August 12, 2015.

I know that Manila VO is strange in that they request PPR so early. The PPR e-mail did not have a visa validity date.

What do you think this means? Has all eligibility been finished? Are we on background checks now? Does the PPR signify anything?
Do you recommend I get GCMS notes this early?

paknew

Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-03-2014
Doc's Request.
Updated forms Request.: 2-May-2015 -- Submitted on 12-May-2015 -- Passport copy and recent pictures submission requested on 25-Nov-2016 -- Submitted 30-Nov-2016
Nomination.....
N/R
AOR Received.
26-04-2014
IELTS Request
N/R
File Transfer...
26-04-2014
Med's Request
11-02-2015 (I didn’t do upfront medical) Status changed to &quot;In-Process&quot; on 11-2-2015 -- RE-MED REQ. 10-May-2016
Med's Done....
25-2-2015 -- RE-MED DONE: 12-May-2016
Interview........
Waived (Alhamdulillah)
Passport Req..
20-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
Alhumdulillah received passport with visa and COPR on 7-Feb-2017
LANDED..........
InshahAllah in March-2017
ahmedwaqas said:
eagle please tel me what is background cheek and what cic cheek in background cheek my job in dubai from 4 years basic from pakistan
Hi Ahmedwaqas,

We have done full marriage. Tnx

preetiv

May 4, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
ndvo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2014
AOR Received.
22-8-2014
File Transfer...
2-09-2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
29-08-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
crossing fingers
gorbache said:
Hello Eagle333,

ECAS says file started processing on July 27, 2015 (same day as file transfer to Manila)

I know that Manila VO is strange in that they request PPR so early. The PPR e-mail did not have a visa validity date.

What do you think this means? Has all eligibility been finished? Are we on background checks now? Does the PPR signify anything?
Hai gorbache,
It means you are through you can expect your pp with visa any time

Eagle333

Mar 30, 2013
Edmonton Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gorbache said:
Hello Eagle333,

Hi gorbache,

Few visa offices are known to request passport at the very early stage of applications NDVO is one of them and that still mean nothing until all the 4 assessments are fully completed then they will just inform you about how to collect your passport.

Most Visa Offices request passport when background checks are fully done. Give it 60 days then request your GCMS notes you will have a good chunk of information as long as you have not received an interview letter yet you still warm and dry.

sausageboyuk

Star Member
Sep 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2015
AOR Received.
04-09-2015
File Transfer...
05-10-2015
Med's Done....
17-07-2015
Hi Eagle,

Thank you so much for explaining the difference between the old and new procedures.

To be honest, I am still finding it quite hard to understand. Would you be able to help me?

The information on ecas for me is:
1. We received your application for permanent residence on August 6, 2015.
2. We started processing your application on October 5, 2015.
3. Medical results have been received.

I am applying for PR through my common-law partner through the London office. My sponsor was approved on October 5. New photos were requested on October 9 which I sent out the next day.

Do you think it is on a desk waiting to be looked at and processed or it is actually being worked on much faster than expected?

Thanks!