akn2022

Dec 28, 2022
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi All,
I received Ontario NOI on 19th Dec and I am trying to get all the required documents for this. I have more than 12 years of experience, out of which 6 years of experience is with current employer. Although I can get job offer, reference letter, pay slips from current employer, I won't be able to get the reference letter from previous employers. Hence I only updated my current 6 years exp in the EE profile and wanted to update the same in the OINP profile. Few questions:
1) Should I mention the previous employers history in the 'Other History' (excluding education and paid work) section ?
2) If I leave the previous employers history, how should I fill the gap as OINP is asking for 10 years history ?

If any one has done this before, please let me know. Thank you.

catalin1122

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
Romania
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Hi there,

I did the exact same thing as you want to do. I had 5-ish years of experience, 3 with my current employer and and the rest with another one. In express entry you can claim points only for 3 years of foreign work experience so the rest do not matter that much (but nevertheless should be accurate). So in EE I claimed 3 years of foreign work experience and got nominated. In the OINP profile I had reference letters and pay slips for that employer and the rest went into the "Other History" section. I've also mentioned the other work experience in the CV they're asking, just to make everything cohesive (also, I wrote a small LoE but this might be overkill). And with that everything went smooth.

Reactions: akn2022

akn2022

Dec 28, 2022
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Thanks catalin1122. In the 'Other History' section did you mention previous employment as 'Work' and provided the details that you are not claiming any point for this experience? Moreover, did you upload any LOE document for the employment history mentioning the same ? Please let me know

catalin1122

Star Member
Aug 22, 2021
Romania
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
In the Other Activities tab I put the role I had in the activity type field and described below what I did. And I uploaded a single LoE in the Your Required Documents/Other (if applicable) explaining some other aspects of my application and why the two position I held were not included in the work history (because I did not claim points for them and I was not able to get reference letters).

Reactions: akn2022

bigbedford

Mar 17, 2023
In the Other Activities tab I put the role I had in the activity type field and described below what I did. And I uploaded a single LoE in the Your Required Documents/Other (if applicable) explaining some other aspects of my application and why the two position I held were not included in the work history (because I did not claim points for them and I was not able to get reference letters).

Hi, this is also my question. Have you got your nomination, and you were not asked for additional info?

admirable1

Jan 3, 2024
" because I did not claim points for them and I was not able to get reference letters"- was that the only reason you gave for putting this work experirence in the other activity as opposed to work experience tab. I am looking for a guide on how to write the LOE for why i would put it under other activities despite it saying excluding work