+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP work history section

Islac

Feb 2, 2021
I need help with this same question please. I worked for 4 employers in the last 10 years but I only want to claim points for one. Would it be ok to only show my last job (3 years work experience)? Thank you all for your guidance.

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
I need help with this same question please. I worked for 4 employers in the last 10 years but I only want to claim points for one. Would it be ok to only show my last job (3 years work experience)? Thank you all for your guidance.
Yes, that's perfectly fine. I got my nomination approval just today and I had declared only my current employer's experience, both in work history and resumé in OINP application and work history in Express Entry.

So, effectively, I skipped including experience from last 2 employers. I did, however, mention this fact in an LoE as follows -

"In my Work History and Résumé, I have only included the work experience that I have specified in my Express Entry profile. I am not claiming any points for work experiences with past employers partly to avoid the difficulties in obtaining a detailed reference letter from past employers and partly because these experiences were not required to satisfy the criteria for the FSW program. If these omitted experiences are required for my current application, I am happy to readily provide relevant documentation at my disposal."

Needless to say, you should be able to show at least 3 years of experience and for your chosen NOC code.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: akn2022

Islac

Feb 2, 2021
Yes, that's perfectly fine. I got my nomination approval just today and I had declared experience my current employer's experience, both in work history and resumé in OINP and work history in Eexpress Entry.

So, effectively, I skipped including experience from last 2 employers although I did mention this fact in an LoE as follows -

"In my Work History and Résumé, I have only included the work experience that I have specified in my Express Entry profile. I am not claiming any points for work experiences with past employers partly to avoid the difficulties in obtaining a detailed reference letter from past employers and partly because these experiences were not required to satisfy the criteria for the FSW program. If these omitted experiences are required for my current application, I am happy to readily provide relevant documentation at my disposal."

Needless to say, you should be able to show at least 3 years of experience and for your chosen NOC code.

Good luck!
This is fantastic news! Thank you sooo much for replying and sharing so much helpful information! God bless you, and I pray you have a swift process to PR!

Reactions: kashifsami

abei1246

Jun 23, 2021
Thank you! You too.
Hi @kashifsami - thanks for this response! So to be clear you did Not include experience in Work History section for past 10 years that were not applicable - and just mentioned this in LOE? Just that they mention not having any gaps so want to ensure I complete correctly - thanks in advance for your reply!

akn2022

Dec 28, 2022
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi @kashifsami, did you mention the past employers in the 'Others History' section( excluding education and paid work) and added the above LOE there ? Or just added it as a document in the upload section ? Please reply. Thanks in advance

shinegirl1593

Star Member
Feb 25, 2021
Greetings to all,

When filling out the Past 10 years of Work History Section of the OINP application (Human Capital Priorities Stream- FSW), should I include the location of my work site (which, in my situation, would be my home address due to remote work during the COVID-19 pandemic), or should I indicate the location of the employer's company?

Please kindly advise.

Thanks in advance. :)

asdfawef

Sep 28, 2023
Hi, in my application last year I only listed all my full time jobs.. I did not list any part time jobs which I did as an international student .
Do you need to mention those part time jobs in your EE personal activities, do we need any LOE to explain why we didn't include them in HCP?

asdfawef

Sep 28, 2023
Hi, in my application last year I only listed all my full time jobs.. I did not list any part time jobs which I did as an international student .
Hi, did you mention the part time in your EE PR application? Need this help urgently. Thank you