+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Temporary work permit to PNP - Requesting advise

DineshG

Jan 10, 2017
Hi All,

1) I am on the process of applying for OINP. Currently, I am on a temporary work permit which expires July 2017.

I am working for a company as Supply Chain Analyst from April 2016 and my employer would like to retain me and is willing to do the Employer Pre-screen Application form. It says the employer has to submit "Proof of recruitment efforts" in the Application Checklist. Also states the following "Summary of recruitment efforts outcomes to recruit Canadian citizens or permanent residents located in Ontario to fill this position. Note: The summary of recruitment efforts needs to demonstrate reasons and the proof of why you were not able to recruit Canadian citizens or permanent residents located in Ontario to fill this position. It might include job advertisement(s) and rationale for recruiting the foreign worker."

Does this apply to my employer as I am already working for them in the same position?

In the "Application Guide for Employers", (2.3 SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS), it states in the criteria that "Applies only to employers recruiting an individual who currently lives abroad, is visiting Ontario or is visiting/working in a province or territory other than Ontario."

Requesting your guidance. Kindly advise if my employer needs to submit their recruitment efforts or not.

2) Also, I have been looking into the ONIP website as they have put a pause on the application submission, anyone here knows when it will be released?

3) Do I still have to register for Express entry if I am going to apply with ONIP?

Thanks & Regards,
Dinesh Ganesan

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DineshG said:
Hi All,

1) I am on the process of applying for OINP. Currently, I am on a temporary work permit which expires July 2017.

I am working for a company as Supply Chain Analyst from April 2016 and my employer would like to retain me and is willing to do the Employer Pre-screen Application form. It says the employer has to submit "Proof of recruitment efforts" in the Application Checklist. Also states the following "Summary of recruitment efforts outcomes to recruit Canadian citizens or permanent residents located in Ontario to fill this position. Note: The summary of recruitment efforts needs to demonstrate reasons and the proof of why you were not able to recruit Canadian citizens or permanent residents located in Ontario to fill this position. It might include job advertisement(s) and rationale for recruiting the foreign worker."

Does this apply to my employer as I am already working for them in the same position?

In the "Application Guide for Employers", (2.3 SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS), it states in the criteria that "Applies only to employers recruiting an individual who currently lives abroad, is visiting Ontario or is visiting/working in a province or territory other than Ontario."

Requesting your guidance. Kindly advise if my employer needs to submit their recruitment efforts or not.

As you are already working with that employer, you don't need to provide this information.
As you mentioned, this applies to "Applies only to employers recruiting an individual who currently lives abroad, is visiting Ontario or is visiting/working in a province or territory other than Ontario." only.

2) Also, I have been looking into the ONIP website as they have put a pause on the application submission, anyone here knows when it will be released?
No one knows this information yet.

3) Do I still have to register for Express entry if I am going to apply with ONIP?
You don't need to register for Express entry, but the current(from history) pre-screen application approval takes anytime from 6 months to 1 year. by the time you got approval for pre-screen application, your work permit might expire (you mentioned expires on 2017 July). This is not an ideal path for you to get PR. You can't even drop for Bridge work permit until you receive AOR for PR application (At least PNP Nomination).
Thanks & Regards,
Dinesh Ganesan

DineshG

Jan 10, 2017
Hi Gowtham,

Thanks a lot for your prompt and precisely brief explanation.

My wife is currently studying her 2 year diploma course at a college which is completing this April 2017, so she will be applying for post study work visa and I am thinking of applying for my work visa extension along with hers. Do you think this will be ideal or do you think otherwise?

Also, considering this scenario, do you think I should also register for express entry and try my luck with that as well? or will be cause any clash with the ONIP program?

Thanks & Regards,
Dinesh

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi DineshG,

Under which category are you(Employer) trying to apply for OINP?
For OINP-International student, applicant has to apply within 2 years from Graduation or Employer have to submit pre-screen application at least 3 months before 2 years deadline.

You mentioned, you are on Temporary work permit. Is that PGWP? If so when did you completed your studies?

How much crs-score are you getting in Express entry?

DineshG

Jan 10, 2017
Hi Gowtham,

My CRS score totals to 454, I did not study in Canada, I did my bachelors in India and masters in UK.

I will be applying for PNP in Foreign worker category.

My wife is studying her 2 year diploma in Canada which she will complete this Apr 2017.

I came to Canada on Open work permit.

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I would recommend to go in both the ways.

Ask your employer to apply for Pre-Screen application whenever OINP resumes. This is a lengthy process where it takes around 2.5-3 years to get PR. Expected timelines for this category are Pre screen application(1 year)+ PNP (2-3 months, but Pre-screen applicants are getting PNP within a 1-2 months)+ Paper based PR (1.5 years). You don't have to pay 2000$ fee until you submit application for nomination.

Create express entry profile and of you are able to get LOI(I think) from OINP through express entry, this could be best choice.
or else If CRS score comes down to your score, you can get PR through express entry.

By doing so, you have OINP-Pre screen application where you will get PR for sure (You can take decision after approval) and another based on OINP criteria (or if CRS score comes down) which takes less time than the other way.