Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
How have you guys been showing ties to Ontario? I have none but intend to move there if I get the nomination. I am also waiting on a job offer from one company in Toronto that is being very slow. I also had a few rounds of interviews with another company in Toronto but was rejected :(
but the OINP application instructions say even applying for jobs in Ontario is a way to show ties:

"Ties to Ontario can include but are not limited to, the following:
 Current and/or previous employment in Ontario;
 Job offers or jobs applied/interviewed for in Ontario;
 Education in Ontario;
 Volunteer work in Ontario;
 Lease agreements for a residence in Ontario or property ownership;
 Professional networks and affiliations;
 Family ties;
 Social connections or personal relationships; and/or
 Previous visits to Ontario."

What kind of proof do you need to show that you have applied for jobs in Ontario if you don't have an offer? And would a job you applied for but were rejected for count for the purpose of showing ties?

pk910

Star Member
Jun 1, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
15-06-2017
Nomination.....
02-04-2017
Passport Req..
03-01-2018
How have you guys been showing ties to Ontario? I have none but intend to move there if I get the nomination. I am also waiting on a job offer from one company in Toronto that is being very slow. I also had a few rounds of interviews with another company in Toronto but was rejected :(
but the OINP application instructions say even applying for jobs in Ontario is a way to show ties:

"Ties to Ontario can include but are not limited to, the following:
 Current and/or previous employment in Ontario;
 Job offers or jobs applied/interviewed for in Ontario;
 Education in Ontario;
 Volunteer work in Ontario;
 Lease agreements for a residence in Ontario or property ownership;
 Professional networks and affiliations;
 Family ties;
 Social connections or personal relationships; and/or
 Previous visits to Ontario."

What kind of proof do you need to show that you have applied for jobs in Ontario if you don't have an offer? And would a job you applied for but were rejected for count for the purpose of showing ties?
The fact that you have got interviews and you are already in Ontario proves that you are fit to be living in Ontario.Submit emails communications,job interview schedules from employers etc and write a good 'letter of Intent' that you are actively looking for opportunities and very much keen to settle in Ontario.You can also add info about job prospects in your profession,overall quality of life, and other factors that helped you to make Ontario as your preferred place.

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Thanks for your quick response! I am actually not in Canada yet. I had originally hoped to get a job offer before moving over, but the job search is taking longer than expected, so I am now simultaneously trying hard to get the OINP and then will reevaluate when I should move over.

Muslimgirl

Jul 7, 2017
Thanks for your quick response! I am actually not in Canada yet. I had originally hoped to get a job offer before moving over, but the job search is taking longer than expected, so I am now simultaneously trying hard to get the OINP and then will reevaluate when I should move over.
How did you even get to be called for an interview considering that, you live outside canada. I have been searching for job since ages and none called for interveiw

ABC -Canada

Mar 29, 2017
Can I ask you a question if you don't mind?
How are you searching jobin Canada from outside? Pls share some tips.

Most of people I interacted with said it would be better had I been present in canada rather than applying from outside.

deep1312

Aug 15, 2019
Hello,
I have received OINP Nomination and might receive ITA in next draw.
However I have shown my family ties in Ontario Intent to reside and now recently my family had moved to other province.
So should I update the same in IRCC profile now before getting ITA?
Will my OINP nomination holds valid if my family ties had moved to other province?

Kindly suggest .

Thanks & Regards,
Deep