+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP received recently need reply to some urgent questions

itsmervv

Jun 30, 2017
I have received OINP and struggling with few things and need urgent guidance.

1) My name is Rahul, Fathers name is Vikas and Last name is Ved (Rahul Vikas Ved) My birth certificate mentions the name as Rahul Kumar Vikas Ved. This is how its also mentioned in my school leaving certificate, SSC and HSC marksheets as well. The word Kumar is not there in my passport and any other educational certificate after school. For some reason in Gujarati caste they used to put Kumar for boy and kumari for girl can be considered as a salutation in a way for Gujarati caste . Now, for OINP it needs the birth certificate which has this word Kumar also after my first name and not there in passport or any other work related documents. Will this be rejected as it would assume my name to be Rahul Kumar and not only Rahul.. How do i manage this please. My Pan card had everything proper with the work Kumar and also have my date of birth but i heard Pan card is not considered. Even my passport has everything proper but just this birth certificate. And since SSC and HSC certificates are not needed its not an issue since the certificated of the highest degree after secondary education are to be submitted which has the name right.

2) For work history its mentioned that the reference letter have details of work hours, positions held and roles and responsibilities. However, in India the appointment letters mention when we join the organization and positioned we are hired at, no where they mention roles and responsibilities or work hours how should this be handled.

Please please help urgently guys.

manpreetcan

Jul 5, 2016
I have received OINP and struggling with few things and need urgent guidance.

1) My name is Rahul, Fathers name is Vikas and Last name is Ved (Rahul Vikas Ved) My birth certificate mentions the name as Rahul Kumar Vikas Ved. This is how its also mentioned in my school leaving certificate, SSC and HSC marksheets as well. The word Kumar is not there in my passport and any other educational certificate after school. For some reason in Gujarati caste they used to put Kumar for boy and kumari for girl can be considered as a salutation in a way for Gujarati caste . Now, for OINP it needs the birth certificate which has this word Kumar also after my first name and not there in passport or any other work related documents. Will this be rejected as it would assume my name to be Rahul Kumar and not only Rahul.. How do i manage this please. My Pan card had everything proper with the work Kumar and also have my date of birth but i heard Pan card is not considered. Even my passport has everything proper but just this birth certificate. And since SSC and HSC certificates are not needed its not an issue since the certificated of the highest degree after secondary education are to be submitted which has the name right.

2) For work history its mentioned that the reference letter have details of work hours, positions held and roles and responsibilities. However, in India the appointment letters mention when we join the organization and positioned we are hired at, no where they mention roles and responsibilities or work hours how should this be handled.

Please please help urgently guys.
Hi Rahul,

As kumar is only in your Birth Certificate,no need to worry for the same, do attach an affidavit from yours, Dad's and Mom's end stating you are the person with the same name.

and when you fill the IM0008 do mention there is a column "are you known by other name do mention that name with word Kumar".

For Point-2,you have to contact to the HR for this and ask them to issue the RR(Roles & Responsibilities) letter stating the point e.g. the day u joined,your weekly workin hours and the designation with HR signature and properly stamped.

itsmervv

Jun 30, 2017
Thanks a lot for the response. I will request more inputs in case someone has had a similar case or opinion. I don't want to take chances so being extra cautious. for #2 I saw some post where i can prepare a letter mentioning my responsibilities in all positions and work hours on Rs 100 bond paper and take their visiting card and signature.