+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP/ Ontario PNP sent in Jan 2016, Lets connect Here

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
sbrs2010 said:
Guys... This is for all people who think OINP is going to cancel applications, please refrain from posting anything on this forum... I can understand the frustration aspect for delay but if you have nothing else to do besides venting your frustration I would suggest inculcating a hobby and going for partial digital detox. Spend time with family and friends and build memories that you could cherish when you land in Canada.

Even despite the delay I am trying to add skills that will ensure I find a job in diverse fields.
Agreed! The frustration has taken over almost everyone's life here. I would encourage people not to post things that are completely unsubstantiated - such as cancelling of all the applications and things like that. Please refrain from fueling more agony and pain in the minds of the applicants who are already going through a pathetic phase.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
bootsal said:
Has anyone reported any activity on their application post AOR? like phone calls, additional document requests anything at all?
My agent mailed them up on the OLD DD & change in personal information, however haven't received even autoreply let alone replies.

Is that normal now?
There has been activity. You should probably check the November thread. They usually do not reply when you send it a "Change of personal Information form". Some people have got replies saying "Thank you for your e-mail which has been noted...".

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
murphyjamesuk said:
Could someone post the links please for the November and December forums.
Nov Thread -
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t382152.0.html

Dec thread -
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/updated-topics/-t395957.0.html

PrettyCanada

Feb 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadaexp said:
As per guideline you cannot apply for bowp, but there are majority of applicants prefer to apply bowp and luckily they got nominated. In my case I would say follow the guidelines of IRCC would be a big mistake for me. I apply visitor and now I am struggling to get nomination.
Hi All, Canadaexp,

My WP is going to expire and I need your opinion/information. I submitted OINP application in Feb 2016 and received AOR in Aug 2016. I am FSW inland applicant.

1. What is the difference between BOWP and Open WP?
2. If WP expires, what is better option? To apply for paper based Open WP or paper based BOWP or visitor visa? My employer is not going to extend my Work Permit.
3. My spouse and kids are also with me. If my WP expires and I apply for Open WP/BOWP, can I still apply for extension of their visitor visa?

Please suggest. Your inputs will help me a lot.

Thanks in advance.

PrettyCanada

Feb 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rajkamalmohanram said:
They will. They should. Imagine the amount of LOSS they would encounter. Do you realize that they will have to refund the processing fee if they cancel the program? This has happened before - IRCC cancelled the applications sent before 2012 (If I remember) a couple of years back and everyone received their fee back. Again, if they wanted to cancel it, no Jan/Feb/March/April/ applicant would have received a fresh DD request. I am sorry to say but your posts and that of cocoloy's (especially) are not helping in coping with the problem that we are already facing. Rather, these posts induce more fear and restlessness in the mind of the already anxious and restless applicants. Please - before posting such stuff, please think about the recent progress. Fresh DDs, hiring new temporary officers and the recent job posting for the position of "Senior Processing Officer" (A contract job of 5 - 6 months). Nominations will start at least before the next year's quota is announced in November 2016.

Good luck to all!
Sounds logical Raj. I would reinforce the opinion of not getting too pessimistic and that to without any logical reason or official information. OINP is a very reliable organisation and giving nominations since years. Agreed, that they are behaving irresponsibly right now which is bound to frustrate all of us, but they must have some plans and calculations. Nobody expected that these guys would release AORs so fast for Feb/Mar/April applicants but they did it.

Hope to see a surge of nominations in coming time. Keep your documents ready for ITA :).

yasiralam10

Star Member
Jun 2, 2008
Visa Office......
PNP Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18th 2016
Doc's Request.
August 18th 2016
Nomination.....
Sep 12th 2016
AOR Received.
June 1st 2016
Ontario Master Graduate Stream:

Application Submitted: 18th Jan 2016

AOR: 1st June 2016

Additional Docs Request: 18th Aug 2016 - Lease, Payslips X 3, Job letter with Job Description, Degree copy, Bank Statements.

Inquiry Email response 9th Sep 2016: File has not been finalized.

Phone Call: 9th Sep 2016 - Asked about current lease, Job contract. At the end of the call I was told that the file will move to the next phase I and should get the result soon.

Nomination: Waiting

patnikrishna

Feb 17, 2015
NOC Code......
yasiralam10 said:
Ontario Master Graduate Stream:

Application Submitted: 18th Jan 2016

AOR: 1st June 2016

Additional Docs Request: 18th Aug 2016 - Lease, Payslips X 3, Job letter with Job Description, Degree copy, Bank Statements.

Inquiry Email response 9th Sep 2016: File has not been finalized.

Phone Call: 9th Sep 2016 - Asked about current lease, Job contract. At the end of the call I was told that the file will move to the next phase I and should get the result soon.

Nomination: Waiting
great !

best of luck and please do keep us posted :)

karenv

Jul 8, 2014
PrettyCanada said:
Hi All, Canadaexp,

My WP is going to expire and I need your opinion/information. I submitted OINP application in Feb 2016 and received AOR in Aug 2016. I am FSW inland applicant.

1. What is the difference between BOWP and Open WP?
2. If WP expires, what is better option? To apply for paper based Open WP or paper based BOWP or visitor visa? My employer is not going to extend my Work Permit.
3. My spouse and kids are also with me. If my WP expires and I apply for Open WP/BOWP, can I still apply for extension of their visitor visa?

Please suggest. Your inputs will help me a lot.

Thanks in advance.
1. BOWP is for applicants who receive AOR at federal stage. Open WP is for people such as spouse of a student, people exempt from LMIA or in some trade agreements.
2. If you are not exempt from LMIA, you don't have options to apply for work permit. You can apply for an extension to get implied status for <3 months but your application will be rejected at the end. Your only option is to stop working at that time and apply for visitor visa until you get AOR from CIC

Rootveej

Star Member
Jun 11, 2016
so its been a long frustrating wait for all. Just saw in February forum that few applicants have recvd their nominations. I now can definitely conclude that there is some hideen criteria that OINP hasnt mentioned on their website. I understand that if there are any flaws or missing docs in our file then we have to wait. But i have been waiting since 4 months after AOR with expired WP with no requests or emails from OINP. Miserably pissed off.

My question to all what will OINP eventually do with all the left over candidates? Simply tell rejected or low demand of NOC? What it could be? Any thoughts people?

They set HUMAN CAPITAL criteria in such a way to attract lots of candidates so they make more money but nominate a few. Why dont they be fully transparent? Atleast people could have saved money and time.

Timeline. File recvd JAN 20 AOR JUNE 6 (WP EXP JUNE 26) nomination

aakash07

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Anyone has received payment receipt for a new replacement DD? If yes, please share your timeline.

I am waiting since month. I have heard nothing from them.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
aakash07 said:
Anyone has received payment receipt for a new replacement DD? If yes, please share your timeline.

I am waiting since month. I have heard nothing from them.
you will get it soon. There are many who got it after a month.

Canadaexp

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
Rootveej said:
so its been a long frustrating wait for all. Just saw in February forum that few applicants have recvd their nominations. I now can definitely conclude that there is some hideen criteria that OINP hasnt mentioned on their website. I understand that if there are any flaws or missing docs in our file then we have to wait. But i have been waiting since 4 months after AOR with expired WP with no requests or emails from OINP. Miserably pissed off.

My question to all what will OINP eventually do with all the left over candidates? Simply tell rejected or low demand of NOC? What it could be? Any thoughts people?

They set HUMAN CAPITAL criteria in such a way to attract lots of candidates so they make more money but nominate a few. Why dont they be fully transparent? Atleast people could have saved money and time.

Timeline. File recvd JAN 20 AOR JUNE 6 (WP EXP JUNE 26) nomination
Totally pissed off. I am like you.. still waiting for nomination. NOW OINP is trying to give CEC with expiring work permit but what about those whose WP is already expired.

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Canadaexp said:
Totally pissed off. I am like you.. still waiting for nomination. NOW OINP is trying to give CEC with expiring work permit but what about those whose WP is already expired.
They are not even Loyal to their own words !! OINP is getting worse. They said they will recognize applicants with expiring WP and look at this. I saw an applicant getting nomination whose WP was to expire in 2017. If they do this for CEC where will FSW go?