+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Official Update for 2016 Intake

garry91

Mar 9, 2016
zainbounty said:
Read the FAQ. It says they will prioritize applications for people whose visas are about to expire.
thanks, can you send me the link for that below to FAQ

nevillek

Apr 25, 2011
Mumbai
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
20-06-2013
Interview........
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
05-07-2013
LANDED..........
23-08-2013
Guys is it possible they won't reopen Masters Grad Stream even by Jan 2017? My 2 year timeframe from graduation will finish in April 2017 so I'm wondering if I should wait for this stream to reopen or not? I don't have any other option anyway as I have no job offer right now.

Let's say if I get a job offer in Toronto, is there any stream I can apply to?

phatdolfin82

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
** RESPONSE FROM OINP TODAY (18May2016) **

Dear Sir/Madam,

This refers to your recent correspondence.

Applications received before May 9, 2016 will be processed and evaluated for an Ontario Nomination. Once a decision has been made on your application, you will be contacted. We anticipate that a decision should be made soon.

Thank you for your interest in our program.

Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program | Programme ontarien des candidats à l'immigration

Ministry of Citizenship, Immigration and International Trade | Ministère des Affaires civiques, de l’Immigration et du Commerce international
Government of Ontario | Gouvernement de l’Ontario
Ground Floor | Rez-de-chaussée
400 University Ave. | 400, avenue University
Toronto ON | M7A 2R9
Fax | Télécopieur : (416) 327-0860
Email: Ontarionominee@ontario.ca | candidatontarien@ontario.ca

phatdolfin82

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sdhuka said:
does Ontario allow work permit extension when my file is under oinp process?
No, the only way to get an extension is through a 'Bridging Visa', which is only possible with an ITA.
You'll need to be through the OINP process and accept your nomination and receive an ITA.
Although if you apply for a bridging visa by post it can delay a rejection by up to 4 months, during which time you are allowed to continue working.

aircanada

May 27, 2014
nevillek said:
Guys is it possible they won't reopen Masters Grad Stream even by Jan 2017? My 2 year timeframe from graduation will finish in April 2017 so I'm wondering if I should wait for this stream to reopen or not? I don't have any other option anyway as I have no job offer right now.
Yes, it's quite possible. There are no guarantees that they won't cease it altogether.

Shad0wFax

Dec 22, 2014
Hi all,

Thank you for the information on this thread. Does this mean they would return the already sent application packages? I sent mine by Mar 2016.

Thank you.

phatdolfin82

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shad0wFax said:
Hi all,

Thank you for the information on this thread. Does this mean they would return the already sent application packages? I sent mine by Mar 2016.

Thank you.
READ ABOVE IN RED

malican

May 24, 2016
Hi friends,

I received my AOR in Feb and from them to now and officer was in contact with me on several ocassions requesting a few items. Today I received an email stating - Please be advised that your application to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) has been referred to a senior processing officer for a decision.

Any idea what does this mean and the time periods?

Also, thank you for this informative post. I have done alot of research on what happens next but can you all let me know based on experience/past posts what happens after being sent the Provincial Nomination and you accept. Please include details on interview with local embassy (if required), background checks etc.

Thank you!

phatdolfin82

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
malican said:
Hi friends,

I received my AOR in Feb and from them to now and officer was in contact with me on several ocassions requesting a few items. Today I received an email stating - Please be advised that your application to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) has been referred to a senior processing officer for a decision.

Any idea what does this mean and the time periods?

Also, thank you for this informative post. I have done alot of research on what happens next but can you all let me know based on experience/past posts what happens after being sent the Provincial Nomination and you accept. Please include details on interview with local embassy (if required), background checks etc.

Thank you!

If sent to a Senior Processing Officer, this means you should have a decision soon. Times vary but it shouldn't be long. Congrats.
Once a decision is made you will receive an email and update in your MyCIC account offering you Nomination, this will open a new page, accept the nomination, within 1 or 2 days 600 points will be added to your EE profile.

Please include a list here of additional information OINP has requested from you, this may help others.

malican

May 24, 2016
Thank you for the response. Also, do you have any information on what happens after I accept and submit my forms/medical to them. As in what do they usually do? Ask for more information? Do they interview at a local embassy? Specific background check etc? Do I have to mail in my passport? And what is the time frame they usually give for processing and issuing of PR?

I know it is alot of questions - sorry but just trying to get a estimation.

Thank you.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Has any November 2015 applicant who submitted their application under EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream or the French Speaking Skilled Worker Stream got nominated yet?

matifshoaib

Aug 23, 2015
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London, UK
NOC Code......
IELTS Request
24-09-2016
LANDED..........
01-05-2018
Any idea if it's opening by late November 2016?

Homa12

Dec 11, 2015
matifshoaib said:
Any idea if it's opening by late November 2016?
Still waiting for it to re-open again. There is no update about the exact time that the OINP will open again. Hopefully they give us some updates so that we can have some relaxed feelings.

fahadsheikh

Oct 30, 2016
DXB-AE
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi Everyone!

Can you please tell me, do we need to have EE profile for OINP? Also, do we have to send documents by post or by email. I am kinda confused in it. Can we send them now or its something like QSWP, we have to wait for something to submit documents etc?

Thanks!