+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP NOC Code Question

gadoken

Star Member
Jun 20, 2015
Hey everyone, I had a quick question about my PNP application. My company submitted a prescreen application for me under the international students category earlier this year and we got the approval about a month ago. I'm finishing up my application but I noticed that they put down my NOC code as 2173 (Software engineers and designers) instead of 2174 (Computer programmers and interactive media developers, which is what I recommended them to do).

I'm a software developer and 2174 seems to fit me better even though 2174 and 2173 have similar duties and responsibilities. I also have my NOC code on my express entry profile as 2174. Does any of this matter? Should I submit my application under 2173 or should I let them know that it should have been 2174 in my application package? I feel like they might reject my application if I tell them something is wrong with the prescreen application.

Thank you for your time!

gowthamp

Jun 28, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello gadoken,

I don't think you can change the NOC code after getting Pre-screen approval.
In your Pre-Screen confirmation package in 4th page, they provide information about the approved position, NOC Code for which pre-screen is approved.

If you are applying under OINP- International student with Job Offer Stream :: Your profile in express entry doesn't matter to OINP and for PR, as both are paper based applications. so they don't cross check with express entry profile.