+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Job offer with remote work

scipol

Jan 16, 2023
Hello,

I'm trying to apply for OINP job offer: international student stream. My job offer is from an IT company with an office in Ontario, but it is a remote position. I currently reside in a different city in Ontario. I heard that for this stream, remote work is not accepted at all. Is that true? Do I need to return to office even though both my work location and office is within Ontario?

Thanks.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello,

I'm trying to apply for OINP job offer: international student stream. My job offer is from an IT company with an office in Ontario, but it is a remote position. I currently reside in a different city in Ontario. I heard that for this stream, remote work is not accepted at all. Is that true? Do I need to return to office even though both my work location and office is within Ontario?

Thanks.
You can work remotely but your points for job offer are based on where the company is located. Assume your company is supportive and will sign the employer forms and be willing to answer questions from OINP staff.

scipol

Jan 16, 2023
You can work remotely but your points for job offer are based on where the company is located. Assume your company is supportive and will sign the employer forms and be willing to answer questions from OINP staff.
Oh ok, as long as the location is within Ontario it should be ok to work remotely right

Rushikavyas

Apr 3, 2024
Can you please advise if you were able to file for your OINP. I am on same boat can you please advise where you are on process?

Let me know.

Thank you.

Nov 30, 2020
Hi, I am on ICT work permit. However, my employer closed all offices during the pandemic. We are 100% remote. Can I apply for the Employer Job Offer Foreign Worker Stream under the OINP? We still have a registered/P.O Box office in Toronto.