+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Job Offer: International Student - 26/Nov/2020

dday2019

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
So when they ask do they ask employer directly or we have to get it from employer and submit it?
For me, they sent an email to my employer and copied me on that email as a courtesy only. The employer required to reply to that email as the information could be confidential., so it's the employer's wish If he wants to include me in his reply or not.

a.aziz

Sep 11, 2018
Can someone help me? My employer received a request for confirming the current wage and the wage being offered in the job offer. When I submitted my application, I attached an old job offer having a different wage than my current wage which was filled in the employer form. Should my employer respond with a new job offer with my current wage?
Also, Can someone help me with explaining the following paragraph in the section of the job offer requirement in 3. Low wage level
"if you are already working in the position, the wage of the job offer must be equal to or greater than the wage level that the employer currently pays you in that position, in addition to meeting or exceeding the low wage level."

Thank you

Reactions: dday2019

gurminderpal07

Star Member
Aug 24, 2017
Oinp international student stream Submission date : 28th December 2020
Assessment date : 3rd march
Document request required: 18th march
Dip: 23rd march 2021

dday2019

Star Member
Jun 13, 2019
Can someone help me? My employer received a request for confirming the current wage and the wage being offered in the job offer. When I submitted my application, I attached an old job offer having a different wage than my current wage which was filled in the employer form. Should my employer respond with a new job offer with my current wage?
Also, Can someone help me with explaining the following paragraph in the section of the job offer requirement in 3. Low wage level
"if you are already working in the position, the wage of the job offer must be equal to or greater than the wage level that the employer currently pays you in that position, in addition to meeting or exceeding the low wage level."

Thank you
Hello Aziz,
That's completely normal and nothing to worry about. OINP Officer reach out to Employer sometime to confirm how much you are being paid and how many weeks to work in a year to confirm eligibility. You Employer should report current wage being paid to you as long long as its more than what you previously reported while applying or if it meets the minimum wage criteria of OINP eligibility section which brings me to you second question.
According to OINP, you are excpected to be paid minimum/low level wage according you NOC code in your province not according provincial minimum wage, You can go the website below and check the minimum wage for your NOC code and as long as your Employer pays you equal to or more than the amount specified in the list, you are all good.
https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/wagereport/location/geo9219
Best of luck

a.aziz

Sep 11, 2018
Hello Aziz,
That's completely normal and nothing to worry about. OINP Officer reach out to Employer sometime to confirm how much you are being paid and how many weeks to work in a year to confirm eligibility. You Employer should report current wage being paid to you as long long as its more than what you previously reported while applying or if it meets the minimum wage criteria of OINP eligibility section which brings me to you second question.
According to OINP, you are excpected to be paid minimum/low level wage according you NOC code in your province not according provincial minimum wage, You can go the website below and check the minimum wage for your NOC code and as long as your Employer pays you equal to or more than the amount specified in the list, you are all good.
https://www.jobbank.gc.ca/wagereport/location/geo9219
Best of luck
Thank you dady2019, Do I need to submit a new job offer with my current wage?
Best of luck

prith

Star Member
Aug 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
VFS Dhaka
App. Filed.......
18-04-2018
Doc's Request.
18-04-2018
Passport Req..
20-05-2018
VISA ISSUED...
03-06-2018
Hello everyone, my application got approved today 29 March 2021. I submitted my application on Nov 30, 2020.
From the time I have submitted my application, I have switched to another company in Oakville. Do I need to update my application before I can proceed for PR? If so how can I update my application to add the recent job?
For the Police Certificates, do I need to get the certificate from my home country again? When I came to Canada as a student in 2018 I already submitted my police certificate from my home country.

Thanks for the help

Last edited:

IamfromEarth

Jul 29, 2020
My application status changed to Decision in progress on 30th March exactly after 3 months of submission.
I am hoping for the good result.

Any ETA on DIP status?