+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - International Student with a job offer

_dash

Aug 17, 2015
Hi everyone,
question here:
Does anybody have an experience applying for OINP program under International Student with a job offer? I'm interested to apply, but I have few questions...
Why does an employer need to be approved by OINP? What is an exact purpose for this approval? Is this process similar to LMIA- proving no Canadian could take this job so they hired a foreign worker?
Also, my 2 years from the day I have graduated will be April 2017. Would I be still eligible if I apply for an OINP in February or March( depending when my employer gets an approval letter).

thanks!

frankivy

Oct 16, 2015
ottawa
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-11-2016
if you are already hired, then no need to prove employer's efforts of employment. just prove you already work there is good enough

lorerodri

Feb 10, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please read this from the OINP
--------------------------------------------
What is the International Student with a Job Offer Stream?

Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) (OINP) offers international students with a job offer the opportunity to permanently live and work in Ontario.

Prospective nominees (the applicant) can only apply if they have received an approved permanent full-time job offer from an Ontario employer, or from a business making an approved and endorsed investment in Ontario.

Important: Before Applying as a Nominee

In order to apply as a nominee, the applicant must have a job offer that has been approved by OINP. To do this:
Ontario employers must first submit a Pre-Screen Application to have the position they wish to fill approved by OINP. For information on the Pre-Screen application process for Ontario employers, visit the Employer section of the OINP website.