+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - International Student (NOA issue)

wittawat.th

Mar 14, 2024
Hello everyone,

I have received the ITA for OINP - International Student stream on March 12, 2024.
However I am still waiting for the NOA from CRA to prove my earning history.
In case I could not get it in time, I plan to submit my T1 and T4 together with the letter of explanation that I will submit the NOA later.

Has anyone experience this before and how did it go.
Please advise.
Thank you very much in advance

Benz

mohan24

Mar 14, 2024
Hi, I received the invite for OINP student stream. My employer filled the employer form and giving current working letter but in current working letter they are not adding my duties and responsibilities. Can someone please advise what can be done at this point? Even my original offer letter doesn't have the duties and resposibility. Please help.

Feb 22, 2024
Hello everyone,

I have received the ITA for OINP - International Student stream on March 12, 2024.
However I am still waiting for the NOA from CRA to prove my earning history.
In case I could not get it in time, I plan to submit my T1 and T4 together with the letter of explanation that I will submit the NOA later.

Has anyone experience this before and how did it go.
Please advise.
Thank you very much in advance

Benz
I haven't experienced anything like this, but when I was filing my EJO FWS EOI application, I left out earnings, because like you, I worked all of 2023, but my NOA was not released at the time of the EOI. The attestation form you sign states that you need to be eligible on the date of your EOI application and not later. And under the required documents list, to claim the earnings history points, you MUST submit your NOA and they've specified that T1 and T4 will not be accepted. If you submit it with just that and an explanation letter, you have a high chance of a refusal/incomplete application notification. Hoping that you didn't claim points for earnings history at the time of your EOI? If you haven't, and you received the ITA despite that, you don't need to submit the NOA or any of your tax forms. Hope this helps.

wittawat.th

Mar 14, 2024
I haven't experienced anything like this, but when I was filing my EJO FWS EOI application, I left out earnings, because like you, I worked all of 2023, but my NOA was not released at the time of the EOI. The attestation form you sign states that you need to be eligible on the date of your EOI application and not later. And under the required documents list, to claim the earnings history points, you MUST submit your NOA and they've specified that T1 and T4 will not be accepted. If you submit it with just that and an explanation letter, you have a high chance of a refusal/incomplete application notification. Hoping that you didn't claim points for earnings history at the time of your EOI? If you haven't, and you received the ITA despite that, you don't need to submit the NOA or any of your tax forms. Hope this helps.
Thank you very much

pimpsquek

Feb 4, 2015
Totally agree on this, you cannot claim points on CRA without NOA because the basis of it is the time you have filled your NOI and signed attestation form. OINP will "might" reject your application if you claimed points on CRA-NOA and you did not have the proper NOA for the draw. Best of luck and let us know what OINP will say with this.

Reactions: wittawat.th

wittawat.th

Mar 14, 2024
Totally agree on this, you cannot claim points on CRA without NOA because the basis of it is the time you have filled your NOI and signed attestation form. OINP will "might" reject your application if you claimed points on CRA-NOA and you did not have the proper NOA for the draw. Best of luck and let us know what OINP will say with this.
Thanks for your advice.