+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Human Capital priorities - on work experience letter

monttaal

Mar 18, 2021
Hello to everyone, I have received an OINP NOI on the Human Capital Priorities am completing my work reference letters and I'd like to ask for your opinion on my situation below.

- Company A and B are affiliated companies (they have the same owners and Company B's Human Resources functions are done by Company A).
- From 2011 to 2015, I was officially employed by Company A. But in reality, starting 2012 (a year after joining Company A), I was assigned to work for Company B (essentially a secondment), but my salary was still being paid by Company A
- In 2015, I was asked to resign from Company A and formally transfer to Company B.
- I have been working for Company B ever since.
- From 2012 to the present, I have been doing the same work (so in Company A and Company B, it is the same NOC code)

My questions are:

1.) How should I reflect the work reference for Company A and B? Since Company A and B are related, I am asking the HR to issue a letter stating that I was only employed in Company B starting 2015, but have been working with Company A since 2012 in the same role. The consultant I'm working with disagrees, he saying that this is confusing and it is better to leave out Company A. What do you guys think?

2.) If I do need to include Company A, is it okay to change my Express Entry profile? From my belief, this will not change the points? Or since I already received my NOI, would there be a difference?

Thank you so much for you help everyone.

mrsamcan

Star Member
Jun 16, 2019
Hello to everyone, I have received an OINP NOI on the Human Capital Priorities am completing my work reference letters and I'd like to ask for your opinion on my situation below.

- Company A and B are affiliated companies (they have the same owners and Company B's Human Resources functions are done by Company A).
- From 2011 to 2015, I was officially employed by Company A. But in reality, starting 2012 (a year after joining Company A), I was assigned to work for Company B (essentially a secondment), but my salary was still being paid by Company A
- In 2015, I was asked to resign from Company A and formally transfer to Company B.
- I have been working for Company B ever since.
- From 2012 to the present, I have been doing the same work (so in Company A and Company B, it is the same NOC code)

My questions are:

1.) How should I reflect the work reference for Company A and B? Since Company A and B are related, I am asking the HR to issue a letter stating that I was only employed in Company B starting 2015, but have been working with Company A since 2012 in the same role. The consultant I'm working with disagrees, he saying that this is confusing and it is better to leave out Company A. What do you guys think?

2.) If I do need to include Company A, is it okay to change my Express Entry profile? From my belief, this will not change the points? Or since I already received my NOI, would there be a difference?

Thank you so much for you help everyone.
for OINP relevant experience should be within last 5 years, so company A experience does not matter. If company cannot provide you reference letter, show other docs like appointment letter, payslips etc and explain it in LOE.

Get a good reference letter for company B . that is what matters the most.

As you cannot submit reference letter for company A, move it to personal history section on express entry profile. The score hits maximum for 3 or more experience considering you are FSW Outland. I am not sure about CEC.

Hope this helps, not an expert, my two cents.