+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - HCP - Application Submitted February and March 2018

mcassim87

Jul 1, 2017
Actually, this whole post-ITA process is quite complex and notoriously difficult to predict. I have seen some PNP cases getting approved within 2 months after AOR, and some FSW cases being stuck for more than 1.5 years (and vice versa). Usually, the people that are processed the fastest are the ones who are already living and working in Canada (Inland applicants).

I believe it doesn't matter whether you've got your ITA via a PNP or a direct ITA, to them, an ITA is an ITA. Ultimately, the most important factors with regards to post-ITA processing times (assuming a complete application submission and a passed medical) are the following:

• Which Visa Office your file ends up in, and with whom, and
  • Whether you are selected for a Security Screening

If your visa office is Ottawa, you've hit the jackpot my friend. If all your paperwork is good, expect your application to be processed by Speedy Gonzalez if it's in Ottawa.

Now if your visa office is London, well, let me just say that the processing time for your application will likely be beyond 6 months... by how much, depends on your fortune. The London VO is understaffed, and they are facing an enormous backlog.

Another major factor is whether you get chosen for a Security Screening (SS). If you are unfortunately selected, expect delays running into multiple months with very few answers from IRCC, other than the standard "it's all under process" response.

No one knows how IRCC decides which applications get sent to which visa office, and the criteria by which they select applications that undergo an SS.
Pakistanis mostly end up at LVO and as the latest trend suggests , end up in SS as well

danijes

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
It didn’t impact my score at all...it’s the same as I just removed my spouse work ex to avoid the paperwork in future
you are good to do the change , it wont impact PNP, you need to notify them only your status change or profile score is impacted. no need to do that for birthday as age factor reducing the score they can see in memo

danijes

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Pakistanis mostly end up at LVO and as the latest trend suggests , end up in SS as well
you are applying from inside or outside Canada, if you are applying from outside Canada it is same for most of the South Asian countries including India, Srilanka and Bangladesh. eventually you will get it

mcassim87

Jul 1, 2017
you are applying from inside or outside Canada, if you are applying from outside Canada it is same for most of the South Asian countries including India, Srilanka and Bangladesh. eventually you will get it
India has it own NDVO so its probably diff for them

and i already have been approved, just a few of my friends stuck in SS or with no updates since ages n of course their files are at LVO.

danijes

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Always been outside
sorry, buddy if you are inside we can talk to local MP and get it sorted out,
outside application norms are always different, you can send a mail to prime minister office Justin Trudeau office with all the details,
explain its been long time they keep you waiting, I did the same to one of my friends' wife who in India and he responded back. case got cleared in 3 weeks

Deep01021991

Star Member
Dec 2, 2017
Hey guys
Where are you guys able to view your application status from submitted to , assessment and etc.

As I uploaded my profile on April 21 and still it shows as submitted?.. it’s been a month and have not received anything.

Kindly let me know thanks
As per what i read of other members in forum, it takes approx 2.5 - 3 months to get NOI, this is what i came to know by looking at their timeline

mcassim87

Jul 1, 2017
You seem to have gotten the PPR pretty quickly after the AoR... did yours end up in LVO and in SS?
I ended up in LVO as well, n if I can think of any reason of why my case went so smoothly is that I have absolutely zero travel history. I have seen people with extensive travel histories ending up in SS

Last edited:

nc100

Apr 29, 2017
Hi

Is anyone aware how does oinp do background checks with ex employers...do they call/mail??!

Anyone experienced???

Thanks

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Hi

Is anyone aware how does oinp do background checks with ex employers...do they call/mail??!

Anyone experienced???

Thanks
I've heard reports of employers getting calls.
try to include tax returns and payslips in case the ex employer is unavailable to answer calls.

nc100

Apr 29, 2017
Hi everyone

Oinp asked me for additional information for my application.

How many days does it take for the status to change from awaiting information to the next?