+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Employment Reference Letter and LOE

grace1057

Star Member
Aug 3, 2020
Hi All,

I have a question about OINP employment details. In my express entry profile, I am claiming points for 3 years of experience without my current employment. However, in my OINP application, they are requesting me to detail employment history for past 10 years and attach a resume. Clearly, in my resume, I am going to have y current work. In addition to this, in my current work, employer mentioned that they can't give me an experience letter as that is against their policy.

My question is should I mention my current work experience in the OINP application? OR keep OINP application same as Express Entry profile work experience (without current employment)? If I don't mention, should I have an LOE? Please advice. Thanks in advance!

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
@grace1057 : I'd appreciate it if you'd share details of what you eventually entered in your OINP work experience and resume and the outcome of your application. I got invited day before and am struggling to get an answer to the same question.

kashifsami

Star Member
Aug 11, 2019
NOC Code......
@Dhillon89 I only showed my last 4 years experience at my current company and did not include past 2 jobs which totalled around 3.5 more years. This was consistent with my IRCC/EE profile.

So resume and work history docs (I-T returns, payslips, job reference letter) included only my last 4 years.

However, I did add a Letter of Explanation in the Others section of the application which stated the following:
"In my Work History and Résumé, I have only included the work experience that I have specified in my Express Entry profile. I am not claiming any points for work experiences with past employers partly to avoid the difficulties in obtaining a detailed reference letter from past employers and partly because these experiences were not required to satisfy the criteria for the FSW program. If these omitted experiences are required for my current application, I am happy to readily provide relevant documentation at my disposal."

My OINP profile was approved and I get my ITA as well. So this works.

Dhillon89

Jan 15, 2021
thanks for the info mate. I will also provide documents for the work experience relevant to my NOC code

akn2022

Dec 28, 2022
Canada
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
@Dhillon89 I only showed my last 4 years experience at my current company and did not include past 2 jobs which totalled around 3.5 more years. This was consistent with my IRCC/EE profile.

So resume and work history docs (I-T returns, payslips, job reference letter) included only my last 4 years.

However, I did add a Letter of Explanation in the Others section of the application which stated the following:
"In my Work History and Résumé, I have only included the work experience that I have specified in my Express Entry profile. I am not claiming any points for work experiences with past employers partly to avoid the difficulties in obtaining a detailed reference letter from past employers and partly because these experiences were not required to satisfy the criteria for the FSW program. If these omitted experiences are required for my current application, I am happy to readily provide relevant documentation at my disposal."

My OINP profile was approved and I get my ITA as well. So this works.
Hi @kashifsami and @Dhillon89 , did you guys show the previous employers(for which you are not claiming points) in the 'Other history'(excluding Education and unpaid work) section. Please let me know.

Meharoof

Feb 8, 2023
I only have an experience letter from my past employers. Can I upload them in place of reference letters? Will this suffice? I am able to provide reference letters from my current employer as they have agreed to cooperate with my decision to move to Canada. Kindly advice

KNilesh

Aug 2, 2023
@Meharoof What documents you uploaded for your past employment? I am also in the same boat and skeptical about it. Your input on this would be highly appreciated.

Meharoof

Feb 8, 2023
@Meharoof What documents you uploaded for your past employment? I am also in the same boat and skeptical about it. Your input on this would be highly appreciated.
Hi KNilesh. I contacted my past employers and obtained the reference letters. Format for reference letter can be easily obtained. In order to make the HR's life easier (of past employers) you may write up your own reference letter content and provide to them and mention that this is what you require. They may or may not use it depending on their policy.

If past employers are unwilling to cooperate, you should be able to prove it to IRCC that you contacted them but unfortunately they didn't cooperate by showing the email thread where you requested for the reference letters. Also, if you are able to find a manager or supervisor from your previous company, then they can provide a reference letter stating what is required.

Now, coming to current employment. This is also very important that you provide the reference letter from the current employer. I know it could be a delicate situation at times, but there's really no way around it for IRCC.

You also need to provide your first and last payslips from every employment you have mentioned in your profile.