+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - Employer Job Offer : Foreign worker stream

hylian

Feb 24, 2020
NOC Code......
Are you sure? Does my boss count? or only people who are on payroll?
The employer needs to have at least five full-time employees who are citizens/PR. Contractors wouldn't be included.

It very clearly says the following:

at least five full-time employees who are Canadian citizens or permanent residents who work at the location where you will work, or will report to work, if you will work or report to work at a location in the Greater Toronto Area (City of Toronto, Durham, Halton, York and Peel regions) or
https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-foreign-worker-stream#section-4

MaramR

Jul 13, 2018
Do we need to submit LMIA doc in this stream? There is field in Employer form as "Has the business applied for Labour Maket Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Canada for the position being offered to the applicant?". My employer doesn't support LMIA. Will this impact the decision?

chivinas

Apr 24, 2019
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
31-10-2019
AOR Received.
30-01-2020
Do we need to submit LMIA doc in this stream? There is field in Employer form as "Has the business applied for Labour Maket Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Canada for the position being offered to the applicant?". My employer doesn't support LMIA. Will this impact the decision?
No, you don't...

Island_man

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
Hi Guys ,Please help me with my situation , I am successfully registered today for a Employer job offer , I got the file number , I am working in closed work permit LMIA , my employer will not qualify for onip , In that case I found a new employer who can ready to help me with job offer , My question is do i need a LMIA to get nominated for ONIP Employer job offer Foreign worker stream Or do i just need job offer letter . Please help me .
Much appreciated.
Thank you .

hylian

Feb 24, 2020
NOC Code......
For those who managed to apply for this stream previously - has anyone actually received the PR yet? I have the option to get an LMIA from my employer OR do this PNP process so just wondering what the best route for me is.

Fonca

Oct 24, 2019
For those who managed to apply for this stream previously - has anyone actually received the PR yet? I have the option to get an LMIA from my employer OR do this PNP process so just wondering what the best route for me is.
Hi,
This group was created last year, so in here we're almost half way through the PR process. My guess is other groups may have people that applied and got PR for sure.
In regards the best route to follow - that's a tricky question, very personal, analyse your situation very well to decide,
Good luck!

Fonca

Oct 24, 2019
Hi Guys ,Please help me with my situation , I am successfully registered today for a Employer job offer , I got the file number , I am working in closed work permit LMIA , my employer will not qualify for onip , In that case I found a new employer who can ready to help me with job offer , My question is do i need a LMIA to get nominated for ONIP Employer job offer Foreign worker stream Or do i just need job offer letter . Please help me .
Much appreciated.
Thank you .
You don't need a LMIA for this stream, but you have to keep your job's qualifications (all the list) until the end of the PR process, or you might loose the nomination.

hylian

Feb 24, 2020
NOC Code......
Hi,
This group was created last year, so in here we're almost half way through the PR process. My guess is other groups may have people that applied and got PR for sure.
In regards the best route to follow - that's a tricky question, very personal, analyse your situation very well to decide,
Good luck!
From reading your signature it looks like you're very close to your landing which gives me a bit more confidence. Maybe I can apply this way and if I get a boost on points in the meantime I can put myself in the EE pool.

Reactions: J20190911 and Fonca

Island_man

Star Member
Jul 21, 2020
You don't need a LMIA for this stream, but you have to keep your job's qualifications (all the list) until the end of the PR process, or you might loose the nomination.
Thank you , one more question, I am going to work with my current employer until i get nominated from new employer via onip , Once i get nominated then only i can work for a new employer right ?

Fonca

Oct 24, 2019
From reading your signature it looks like you're very close to your landing which gives me a bit more confidence. Maybe I can apply this way and if I get a boost on points in the meantime I can put myself in the EE pool.
My process is at 46%, I hope everything goes well! I was very meticulous about the papers, and checked everything about a zillion times lol
If you have a shot at EE, you should go for both. If you get an ITA, just drop the paper based process.

Fonca

Oct 24, 2019
Thank you , one more question, I am going to work with my current employer until i get nominated from new employer via onip , Once i get nominated then only i can work for a new employer right ?
If you happen to change jobs, you have to inform OINP, AND VERY IMPORTANT, it still has to follow all the specifications to fullfil the nomination granted. They will analyse it again.

Reactions: J20190911

tonyvu197

Aug 21, 2019
If you happen to change jobs, you have to inform OINP, AND VERY IMPORTANT, it still has to follow all the specifications to fullfil the nomination granted. They will analyse it again.
If I got promoted within the company, say from NOC C to NOC B (I apply for In-Demand stream by the way), would I still be eligible after I got nominated?