+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP Employer Job Offer – International Student- status changed to "waiting for information"

Giri_visa

Mar 4, 2018
Hi,

I would like to ask about what is going to happen my OINP nomination if my employment has been terminated at the time of processing my application?

I joined in a company in November, received invite on March 23, and submitted on 26th March. Since then, the status is Assessment. However, on April 10th, 2023 I received termination letter from the employer, so I informed OINP about my termination on 11th April 2023(Today). Later in the portal, I see the status has changed to ' waiting for information', I believe that they might have sent some additional info mail request to my employer only because I did not get any mail. In addition, last date for my full and final settlement date, and handing over all the equipment that I have received etc etc will be on 21st April, 2023.

Therefore, considering above situation, how will my employer going to respond to the mail received from OINP? Positively or Negatively?.
Can I withdraw my application? I am worried that if they respond negatively and my application is in process not moved to DIP , at least I can get the refund??
Will it affect in any way on my future application if I apply with new employer again?

I assume that they might be asking full time employees in the firm/ some basic questions about the company, but still the HR team really answers to my OINP application at this time??

Please answer to my question, its really urgent.

Thank you so much for your responses.

44n

Star Member
Jun 5, 2023
Hi,

I would like to ask about what is going to happen my OINP nomination if my employment has been terminated at the time of processing my application?

I joined in a company in November, received invite on March 23, and submitted on 26th March. Since then, the status is Assessment. However, on April 10th, 2023 I received termination letter from the employer, so I informed OINP about my termination on 11th April 2023(Today). Later in the portal, I see the status has changed to ' waiting for information', I believe that they might have sent some additional info mail request to my employer only because I did not get any mail. In addition, last date for my full and final settlement date, and handing over all the equipment that I have received etc etc will be on 21st April, 2023.

Therefore, considering above situation, how will my employer going to respond to the mail received from OINP? Positively or Negatively?.
Can I withdraw my application? I am worried that if they respond negatively and my application is in process not moved to DIP , at least I can get the refund??
Will it affect in any way on my future application if I apply with new employer again?

I assume that they might be asking full time employees in the firm/ some basic questions about the company, but still the HR team really answers to my OINP application at this time??

Please answer to my question, its really urgent.

Thank you so much for your responses.
Can you update on this?