+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
PonJoub said:
Hello Members,

I have read all the 96 pages of this thread and first of all, thank you everyone for the useful questions and information/clarifications we can find here. And special thanks to Raj for this guide and his contributions. Too bad that I have found this forum only 3 days ago ...

My profile recap :
-Nationality : French
-CRS : 477
-NOC : 0731
-EE profile created on 07/08/2016
-OINP PT Notification received on 08/08/2016 (I seem to be eligible for the OINP French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream because I have read that Human Capital Priorities is closed since mid of Feb 16' and would not open again before end of this year)
-Dependent : 1 spouse + 1 future born kid (expected birth date early November)
-Languages : 1st : French and 2nd : English (for my spouse as well) - tests validity : till end of June 2018
-Master's degree as per ECA (for both my wife and me)
- Seeing the trend of CRS increasing to get ITA with IRCC => I plan to send the OINP (FWSP FSSWS) application package around 14 or 15/09/2016 as I am currently living in China (but will be returning back to live in France on 13/09/2016)

Hi Senior Members,

I know there is a French-Speaking Skilled Worker Stream topic but I have few questions that I could not find clear answer and could also interest some of you :

1) I did the ECA (for both my wife and I) in May 2016 with the ICES-BCIT which is registered on CIC website (I did the ECA with ICES-BCIT because I was on holiday in Vancouver and it was easier for me to submit the form and payment directly when I was there ...)
I have checked the OINP updates and I do not see the ICES-BCIT among the listed ECA granting organization.
For OINP purpose, is it compulsory to get the ECA done from one of the the organization listed in OINP update ? (i.e Comparative Education Service (CES), International Credential Assessment Service of Canada (ICAS), World Education Services (WES) )

If yes, I am screwed then, right ? (I mean that I do not have enough time to get new ECAs with one of the OINP list before my deadline of 45 days)
If no, I just need to attach the 2 ECA hard copy duplicates (for my and me) in my package and ask ICES-BCIT to send a duplicate to OINP when I will receive the AOR, correct ? No need to ask them to send before AOR ?

If IRCC recognizes that organization, then a ECA report issued by that organization should be valid for OINP too. Please contact your ECA issuing organization and ask them if they will send a copy of your report to OINP. This can be done post AOR.

2) Regarding, the proof of funds. I have read all the pages and understood the guide.
However, just for clarification, do you know if Electronic E-bank statements (with no bank stamp and signature) will be accepted by OINP officers ? I do not receive any hard copy of my bank statement. All is done electronically.
I am running out of time (i.e before the 45 days deadline) to ask for a bank letter because my bank is in Singapore and it will take few weeks to get it (because they do not send it by email ... only post mail...)

Not recommended, IMO. But if you are nearing your deadline, then submit whatever you have along with a letter of explanation mentioning your situation and tell them that you will submit the statements stamped by the bank once it arrives via snail mail.

3) Do you know if Provinces (e.g. OINP) and Federal government (IRCC) will be asking clarifications why I have a bank account in Singapore (i/o France). To anticipate, do you think I can explain to OINP the reason in a LOE ? or I just let it go and wait for potential clarification requests later on ? (because seeing the timelines of process I do not want to have further delay in the process with some clarification requests for this specific point afterwards ...)

Wait for them to make a move on this one. Just submit the documents - you don't have to explain why your funds are in Singapore until and otherwise asked.

4) I have my passport valid until 2020 but I have only 3 blank pages left ... do you know, how many blank pages left OINP and IRCC require ? I have not found this information on the different websites I read ...
I am asking this above question because it seems that French authorities do not add extra pages to passport without changing the passport number ...

OINP doesn't require anything but IRCC will require at least 2 free pages when you send your PP for stamping. If you are from a visa-waiver country, then it is not an issue.

5) My coming baby birth date is supposed to be early November. I will do the personal details changes form but do you think I have to send the related documents once I have all the documents (Birth certificate and passport of the baby to join along with the form) ? or only send them once I get the AOR?

It will take a while to get AOR and in your case, I believe your baby will be born after you get AOR. Once you have the documents for the baby, send them. You also need to show additional funds because there is a new dependent. I suggest you to wait for AOR and then submit documents even if your baby is born before that.

6) I have read one post here that it seems that the timelines for application in French (form and documentation done in French) are faster (e.g. package submitted mid of july and received AOR 1 monh later or so), have you heard more info about that ? (Maybe some guys like julien tran or blebelle or maleeksha could advise on this as well)

It appears that way. I'll let the French stream applicants comment on that.

Hope to receive some clarifications and confirmations from you guys (that could help other members as well :) )

Wish you good luck and all the best!

Thank you very much.

Good luck and all the very best!!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
DIbraheem said:
I mean he got nominated by Ontario but he didn't apply and nomination letter has been expired since August 2015.

He cannot apply under EE because his CRS score are below 450 as his work experience was as research assistance while being full time student so it is not counted in Express Entry CRS.
Unfortunately, I don't think he can apply using a nomination that has already expired. He has to apply and get nominated once again to claim those 600 points for nomination. He can try sending an e-mail to the province asking about this but the chances of this happening are very bleak.

DIbraheem

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
Unfortunately, I don't think he can apply using a nomination that has already expired. He has to apply and get nominated once again to claim those 600 points for nomination.
But he lives out of canada now and doesn't know how to get back there. As i know; to be nominated you must have been living in Ontario for 12 months in the past 24 months. His visa is expired. How would it be possible to get in there n being nominated again!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
DIbraheem said:
But he lives out of canada now and doesn't know how to get back there. As i know; to be nominated you must have been living in Ontario for 12 months in the past 24 months. His visa is expired. How would it be possible to get in there n being nominated again!

"As i know; to be nominated you must have been living in Ontario for 12 months in the past 24 months." - Which stream did he apply under?

DIbraheem

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
"As i know; to be nominated you must have been living in Ontario for 12 months in the past 24 months." - Which stream did he apply under?
Human capital stream masters program, ontario

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
DIbraheem said:
Human capital stream masters program, ontario
Human Capital Priorities Stream or the Masters Stream? Which one is it? Both are separate streams. Was it an Express Entry Stream or non-EE stream?

The below are the programs that they have -

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/

Aal_

Feb 28, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
23-02-2017 / Passed: 12-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-09-2018
Hi guys,

I am re-iterating my question and adding few more. I appreciate if someone could help. Thanks.

1- When they say copy of employer reference letter, does that mean they don't need the original? So I just photocopy the reference letter?
2- What about the bank statement, is it a copy or original?
3- Regarding translation, they mention translating all documents required that not in English/French. However, when they mention copies of pages of passport they don't mention specific documents or translations. I don't live in my country of citizenship, so my current Residence Permit is inside the passport and is not English. Should I translate that?
4- Finally, since i got a new passport, my Residence permit will be transferred to the new passport but not now, in 3 to 4 months. So they will glue a new residence permit on the new passport which has same validity as the one on the old passport. Should i submit a change when that happens? It is not really a change but they just update the new passport with the current residence.

PonJoub

Star Member
Sep 3, 2016
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
19-12-2016
Med's Done....
12-12-2016
Passport Req..
22-05-2017
Thank you very much Raj
I hope you'll be receiving your nomination very soon this month...
Cheers!

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Aal_ said:
Hi guys,

I am re-iterating my question and adding few more. I appreciate if someone could help. Thanks.

1- When they say copy of employer reference letter, does that mean they don't need the original? So I just photocopy the reference letter?

Suggest you to send the original letter. If you will not be able to get another letter from your employer, then you can send a copy of this letter but I suggest that you get this notarized.

2- What about the bank statement, is it a copy or original?

Original. Not copies.

3- Regarding translation, they mention translating all documents required that not in English/French. However, when they mention copies of pages of passport they don't mention specific documents or translations. I don't live in my country of citizenship, so my current Residence Permit is inside the passport and is not English. Should I translate that?

'Not sure about this but IMO it is recommended that you translate ALL relevant documents that are not in English or French. The translated version MUST be notarized and you SHOULD submit both the original AND the translated version.

4- Finally, since i got a new passport, my Residence permit will be transferred to the new passport but not now, in 3 to 4 months. So they will glue a new residence permit on the new passport which has same validity as the one on the old passport. Should i submit a change when that happens? It is not really a change but they just update the new passport with the current residence.

When you renew your Passport, you can update OINP using the change of personal information form. IMO, you don't need to get the translation done again.

lekshmipiriya

Star Member
Jul 31, 2011
Hey All,

I need help. My wife gave birth to boy baby last month in Canada and I would like to declare him in my application.

We just received his Birth Certificate.

We received our AOR from OINP on June 13.

Please help me what are all the steps do I have to follow to add him into my application both in MyCIC & OINP.

Thanks

Aal_

Feb 28, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
16-03-2017
AOR Received.
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
23-02-2017 / Passed: 12-07-2017
Passport Req..
11-09-2018
Thanks a lot raj

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
lekshmipiriya said:
Hey All,

I need help. My wife gave birth to boy baby last month in Canada and I would like to declare him in my application.

We just received his Birth Certificate.

We received our AOR from OINP on June 13.

Please help me what are all the steps do I have to follow to add him into my application both in MyCIC & OINP.

Thanks
Send in an e-mail with the BC and change of personal information form. Canadian citizen's details on the application is for administrative purposes only.

edluyando

Star Member
Mar 27, 2016
Houston, TX
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Houston
NOC Code......
2145/0211
App. Filed.......
28-06-2016
Doc's Request.
18-07-2016
Med's Request
10-05-2017
Med's Done....
15-05-2017
Hello to you all,

Here is my question,

My wife (PA) and me have 422 for CRS. NOC 2145 (Petroleum Engineer) / 0211 (Engineering Manager)

We understand that Ontario sends NOI to all with CRS of 400+. So, once you submit all your paperwork, and got AOR, what are the chances to be nominated by Ontario? Is your NOC affecting your nomination by OINP?

Thanks for your feedback

badz2

Star Member
Aug 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
is there a possibility that eventhough you have a CRS of 400+, that you won't be receiving a PT? i am sitting at 435 CRS.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
edluyando said:
Hello to you all,

Here is my question,

My wife (PA) and me have 422 for CRS. NOC 2145 (Petroleum Engineer) / 0211 (Engineering Manager)

We understand that Ontario sends NOI to all with CRS of 400+. So, once you submit all your paperwork, and got AOR, what are the chances to be nominated by Ontario? Is your NOC affecting your nomination by OINP?

Thanks for your feedback
As far as the outside world knows it, this process is NOC agnostic.