+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

OINP - EE - Human Capital Priorities Stream - Comprehensive Guide

ricabril1217

Apr 17, 2017
alizaidi said:
As per the guide:
----------------------------------------
7.4 Proof of Compensation (mandatory)
Proof of compensation from previous and current employers for all periods of work (foreign and Canadian) stated in your application. Proof may include copies of:
Pay stubs, pay cheques or pay statements,
Supporting Documents Submitted
Bank statements showing salary deposits,
Income tax documents, or
Letter(s) from employer(s) explaining why this proof is not readily available.
Note: It is recommended that you provide at least 2 months of proof, preferably the first and last month, for each work experience.
-----------------------------------------

Do you have any of these:

Bank statements showing salary deposits
Income tax documents
OR
Letter(s) from employer(s) explaining why this proof is not readily available?
Thank you for your reply. I understand the points you mentioned and basically what I am asking is if I have the option of including just the last 10 years of my work history in my OINP application since those 10 years are the only ones I am claiming points for.

Mahadev87

Star Member
Jul 4, 2016
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
montylee said:
I got NOI from Ontario, i have a few doubts regarding documentation, help please!

1) Is it ok to change NOC after receiving NOI? From what i have read in the forum, people have done it before without any issues. I have sent an email to Ontario PNP email but not sure if they will reply.Yes, Possible but should be related to same roles and responsibilities (2171/2173)
2) I was able to get my birth certificate in new format from NDMC website (Delhi, India) but it doesn't have my name. Most birth certificates don't have a name of the child but parent's name and birth date. Is that ok? Not Sure, Please check with OINP
3) My employer reference letter doesn't mention salary or compensation, is that ok? I can furnish other required documentation, pay stubs that list out the salary.Yes, You can attach Offer letter, Payslip and Bank statement for the salary deposits
4) What does "work contracts" mean? I am guessing that it's the appointment letter, is that correct?Confirmation Letter, Appointment letter, Increment letter
6) Intention to reside in Ontario if applicable: is this 1 page letter still required?If you have ties, You need provide the details and proofs for ties

Thanks in advance!

zaksam777

Apr 29, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
POF question

Hi guys. I have a question regarding POF for OINP.

1. Once I submit my OINP application along with POF, can I withdraw funds from my bank account after submission of application if need be?
2. If I do withdraw funds from my account, I will definitely put those funds back into the account. Is that okay and acceptable by OINP?
2. Does OINP have the right and access to check applicants bank account balance without the knowledge and permission of the applicant?
3. For how long should the balance be maintained after submission to OINP?
Thank you!

Umidjon90

Jun 22, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
06-07-2021
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Hi guys,

I received OINP NOI on 12 April,
I have a big problem with POF and seek your help and advice here,
I have had 12300 CAD in my bank account for a month now ( 15 Mar till now ) , As it was a big deposit I found that I needed to show the source of these funds, this money was given by my mother in the form of cash, how can I prove this now?
I am from a country where you cannot buy currency freely, and so I cannot use gift deed as the authorities will not sign the gift and ask "where did you get the amount in dollars as you could not buy it? "
Has anyone encountered such dilemma? Is anyone here from a country with blocked currency exchange ?

Thank you beforehand

Mahadev87

Star Member
Jul 4, 2016
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Umidjon90 said:
Hi guys,

I received OINP NOI on 12 April,
I have a big problem with POF and seek your help and advice here,
I have had 12300 CAD in my bank account for a month now ( 15 Mar till now ) , As it was a big deposit I found that I needed to show the source of these funds, this money was given by my mother in the form of cash, how can I prove this now? Gift Deed, No other source
I am from a country where you cannot buy currency freely, and so I cannot use gift deed as the authorities will not sign the gift and ask "where did you get the amount in dollars as you could not buy it? " Why did you buy CAD dollar ? You could have received in the local currency and taken gift deed. Without gift deed you can't prove source and did the local bank accepted different nation currency?
Has anyone encountered such dilemma? Is anyone here from a country with blocked currency exchange ? No need of exchange, While submitting you need show the equivalence of exchange rate

Thank you beforehand

Mahadev87

Star Member
Jul 4, 2016
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Re: POF question

zaksam777 said:
Hi guys. I have a question regarding POF for OINP.

1. Once I submit my OINP application along with POF, can I withdraw funds from my bank account after submission of application if need be?
Yes, You can withdraw but it average balance shouldn't fall below the low cutoff. It is said that balance should be maintained until you land
2. If I do withdraw funds from my account, I will definitely put those funds back into the account. Is that okay and acceptable by OINP? Yes, You can withdraw but it average balance shouldn't fall below the low cutoff. If it is falls below , OINP will reject the application
2. Does OINP have the right and access to check applicants bank account balance without the knowledge and permission of the applicant?You have signed that You have given permission to check and verify the legitimate
3. For how long should the balance be maintained after submission to OINP? It is said that balance should be maintained until you land
Thank you!

Umidjon90

Jun 22, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
06-07-2021
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
Thank you Mahadev 87,
Sorry what I meant is I have money in USD just in equivalent of 12300 CAD, this money was bought over time by my mother , who gave it to me a month ago,
I could have taken gift deed on the basis of local currency, but I am not sure if Ontario would accept the fact that the amount is in my local currency, as they probably know that I will have problems exchanging my currency for USD or CAD

Mahadev87

Star Member
Jul 4, 2016
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Umidjon90 said:
Thank you Mahadev 87,
Sorry what I meant is I have money in USD just in equivalent of 12300 CAD, this money was bought over time by my mother , who gave it to me a month ago,
I could have taken gift deed on the basis of local currency, but I am not sure if Ontario would accept the fact that the amount is in my local currency, as they probably know that I will have problems exchanging my currency for USD or CAD
Depends where do you stay and your mom and how law works for your geography, It is tricky case. Immigration wouldn't have allowed that much cash to be carried between countries

Mar 28, 2017
Hi . I have a query regarding proof of funds. I have received NOI of Ontario last week and I have transferred the required fund in my account. The fund need to be maintained for 6 months and the validity of NOI of Ontario is 6 months. Will Ontario government accept proof of funds of 5 months?.i.e. bank statement of 5.5 months. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Mahadev87

Star Member
Jul 4, 2016
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Vishal Menezes said:
Hi . I have a query regarding proof of funds. I have received NOI of Ontario last week and I have transferred the required fund in my account. The fund need to be maintained for 6 months and the validity of NOI of Ontario is 6 months. Will Ontario government accept proof of funds of 5 months?.i.e. bank statement of 5.5 months. Please help. Thanks in advance.
You need to prove the source of Income if it is transfered from different account and 6 months bank statement required if it is maintained in Saving or Salary account

montylee

Star Member
May 7, 2013
NOC Code......
Thanks a lot!

For people confused between NOC 2173 and 2174, i have some good news. I emailed PEO (Professional engineers Ontario) i.e. the agency that gives the mandatory license. Here is my question and their reply:

Question:
I have applied to Canada express entry and have received a NOI from Ontario. My NOC code is 2173 and i work as a software developer. I want to know if i need a license to work in Ontario. I don't do any engineering drawings or any such thing that directly effects people's lives. I write, maintain and test software applications.

Reply:
Thank you for your e-mail.

PEO does not use NOC codes to determine who needs a license as persons working in those categories include both persons who need to be licensed and persons who do not.

As a rule, persons engaged in software development do not need to be licensed. The exception is software that is used for health or life critical functions. However, in that case, only the software designer may require a license. Coding, testing and debugging do not require a license in any event.

In case anybody has any more queries, you can email them at enforcement@peo.on.ca but i think i filled up a form on their website that sent this email automatically.

CUG

Apr 12, 2017
Hi all,
I have got Ontario NOI few days back.
Please add me to the whatsapp group.
It would be a great help.

My whatsapp number is +91 9033 666 083

rajeshnsuma

Jul 26, 2016
ricabril1217 said:
Just a quick question about the mandatory requirements for work experience. For the work contract and pay stubs portion, do I have to furnish these documents for all my previous employers? I had a few odd jobs before I landed a career in my current occupation and it would be challenging, if not impossible, to obtain copies of work contract and pay stubs from my first three employers. The problem is I listed all my work history in my EE profile. I have reference letters from them though I am not sure if that will suffice.

I have over 10 years of work experience in the NOC i am claiming points for - 4.5 years from company A and 6 years with my present company. Would it be possible to only list these two companies in the OINP application?

Any advise would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.
I have a similar issue. I haven't been able to arrange reference letters for experience prior to the latest 11 years. Point 4.2.9 of the OINP guide asks us to list only the latest 10 years of experience. While that bit is clear, what I am worried about is that I have listed all my experience in EE profile and not just the latest 10 years. Is it ok to have OINP application that has a shorter list of experience?

wisher2017

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Category........
PNP
alizaidi said:
I am afraid that i would have to disagree with you on the mandatory part and my rationale for disagreeing is that there is no mentioning of that in the guide. However, I would surely call IQAS and will ask about the duplicate ECA process and will share my findings here but will not send duplicate unless asked to do so by OINP.

Regards.
It is a mandatory document. If you have not done it already, you will receive an email from OINP for ordering the duplicate. You can wait for the email but will delay your process.
Good luck

ricabril1217

Apr 17, 2017
rajeshnsuma said:
I have a similar issue. I haven't been able to arrange reference letters for experience prior to the latest 11 years. Point 4.2.9 of the OINP guide asks us to list only the latest 10 years of experience. While that bit is clear, what I am worried about is that I have listed all my experience in EE profile and not just the latest 10 years. Is it ok to have OINP application that has a shorter list of experience?
Hi guys! Sorry to bump this up. Hopefully someone with a similar experience can comment or advise on this.