20-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-11-2016
Passport Req..
27-02-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
For the e-mail that I sent on 27th September, I have now received a reply now - "File has not been finalized yet".
I have received same reply as you 2 times on my follow up mail, Once in July and second one in Septemmber..

talin

Oct 10, 2016
Hello Experts!

The company that I work for send the Pre-Screen Application to OINP in the beginning of November 2015, and got the Acknowledgement Letter on November 30th 2015. Since then there is a huge waiting, my company send some additional documents in May 2016, contacted OINP several times, but as of today, still waiting for approval of the nominee materials (11 months so far)
My Work Permit is expiring in May 2017.

Please respond with opinion how long it takes, if my company receives the nominee materials soon till I am eligible for BOWP?
I know it is a long process, can someone explain briefly?
Is it even worth applying considering I got 7 months left till my WP expires?
Thanks

anni_iitk

Jan 26, 2015
Hello Friends,
I applied for OINP in Nov 2015 and got AoR in March. Now my EE profile has expired and I have created a new one. Should I inform OINP through a plain email or should I fill the change of personal information form available on their website?

-Anshuman

aka5h

Mar 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
talin said:
Hello Experts!

The company that I work for send the Pre-Screen Application to OINP in the beginning of November 2015, and got the Acknowledgement Letter on November 30th 2015. Since then there is a huge waiting, my company send some additional documents in May 2016, contacted OINP several times, but as of today, still waiting for approval of the nominee materials (11 months so far)
My Work Permit is expiring in May 2017.

Please respond with opinion how long it takes, if my company receives the nominee materials soon till I am eligible for BOWP?
I know it is a long process, can someone explain briefly?
Is it even worth applying considering I got 7 months left till my WP expires?
Thanks
Hi,

I don't have an idea about the timelines but I definitely know you require a nomination before you can apply for a BOWP. Please read the text in bold below.

BOWP eligibility parameters
To be eligible for a BOWP, foreign nationals must

be currently in Canada;
have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within the next four months;
be the principal applicant on an APR under the FSWC, the CEC, the FSTC, the PNC (see note below), or one of the two caregiver classes;
have completed one of the following APR stages:
their electronic application for permanent residence (e‑APR) submitted under Express Entry has passed the R10 completeness check; or
they have received a positive eligibility assessment on their paper APR submitted by mail under one of the economic classes above;
have applied for an open work permit;
have paid the work permit processing fee and the open work permit holder fee; and
have provided, as applicable, evidence (e.g., nomination certificate) that their provincial nomination is unrestricted.
Note: Foreign nationals in the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) are eligible for a BOWP only if they have provided a copy of the nomination letter issued by the nominating province or territory along with their application and there is no indication that employment restrictions exist as conditions of the nomination.
The following foreign nationals do not qualify for a BOWP:

foreign nationals in Canada under section 186 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR), who are exempt from the work permit requirement;
foreign nationals who have let their status expire and must apply for restoration in order to return to temporary resident status;
foreign nationals whose work permits are valid for longer than four months or who already have a new LMIA that can be used as the basis for a new work permit application;
foreign nationals applying for a BOWP at a port of entry or visa office;
spouses and dependants of principal permanent resident applicants; and
foreign nationals who are inadmissible to Canada.

From - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

sammoe

Star Member
May 20, 2016
anni_iitk said:
Hello Friends,
I applied for OINP in Nov 2015 and got AoR in March. Now my EE profile has expired and I have created a new one. Should I inform OINP through a plain email or should I fill the change of personal information form available on their website?

-Anshuman
I filled out the change of personal information form and sent an email with the attachment. I also sent a fax. Don't forget to put both your new EE profile number and the job seeker code.

malican

May 24, 2016
Here is the info to send to OINP after renewal of EE profile (info came by email from OINP):

Dear Sir/Madam,

If the profile on which you received a Letter of Interest became ineligible, you have to advise our office.

The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) will continue to process your application if you create a new Express Entry profile, however, to do so we require you to provide the following within 30 calendar days of receipt of this notice:

1. The Express Entry number/job seeker validation code for your new profile;
2. A copy of the letter you have received from Citizenship and Immigration Canada acknowledging the new profile; and
3. A letter explaining why you updated your profile and a list of the additional or updated information you provided in your new Express Entry profile.

Please be advised that OINP may require you provide additional or updated documents to support your application.

OINP staff will contact you directly should documentation be required.

All statements and authorizations that you agreed to in your original application continue to apply to any new information you provide to support your application.

If you provide false or incomplete information, your application will be denied.

Sincerely,

Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program | Programme Ontarien des Candidats à l’Immigration

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
aka5h said:
Hi,

I don't have an idea about the timelines but I definitely know you require a nomination before you can apply for a BOWP. Please read the text in bold below.

BOWP eligibility parameters
To be eligible for a BOWP, foreign nationals must

be currently in Canada;
have valid status on a work permit that is due to expire within the next four months;
be the principal applicant on an APR under the FSWC, the CEC, the FSTC, the PNC (see note below), or one of the two caregiver classes;
have completed one of the following APR stages:
their electronic application for permanent residence (e‑APR) submitted under Express Entry has passed the R10 completeness check
; or
they have received a positive eligibility assessment on their paper APR submitted by mail under one of the economic classes above;
have applied for an open work permit;
have paid the work permit processing fee and the open work permit holder fee; and
have provided, as applicable, evidence (e.g., nomination certificate) that their provincial nomination is unrestricted.
Note: Foreign nationals in the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) are eligible for a BOWP only if they have provided a copy of the nomination letter issued by the nominating province or territory along with their application and there is no indication that employment restrictions exist as conditions of the nomination.
The following foreign nationals do not qualify for a BOWP:

foreign nationals in Canada under section 186 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR), who are exempt from the work permit requirement;
foreign nationals who have let their status expire and must apply for restoration in order to return to temporary resident status;
foreign nationals whose work permits are valid for longer than four months or who already have a new LMIA that can be used as the basis for a new work permit application;
foreign nationals applying for a BOWP at a port of entry or visa office;
spouses and dependants of principal permanent resident applicants; and
foreign nationals who are inadmissible to Canada.

From - http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp
From what I know, one has to have submitted an application for Permanent Residence and should have passed the R10 completeness check to be eligible to apply for BOWP (highlighted above). However, there was one CEC applicant who told me that many applicants in Canada have applied for BOWP without having submitted a PR application but still succeeded in getting it. I am not sure how that works though!

talin

Oct 10, 2016
Thanks Guys,

I will be eligible for BOWP with the nomination letter. However the process for getting the nomination letter is till nowhere for me, since I am still waiting for the approved pre-screen application, once I get it, I need to submit my application with joint verification form, and wait to get the Ontario Nomination (nomination letter).
All that in 7 months, does not look good for me.
Does anyone know for how long the BOWP is valid for? or it si valid till you get your PR status or rejected for PR status?
Thanks

bgj

Jul 1, 2016
rajkamalmohanram said:
May be on 12th :) .
Raj, I lost all hopes. That is why refrained from all group postings. I created additional profile, tried emailing them. Tried sending the same via fax. Still no reply. What to say???? I think our's is the most unlucky batch. I mean oct20-nov20. No movement in our files.
Lost all faith. Between any news from anky2015? He have the same officer as I do.

alya2905

Star Member
Aug 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
13-10-2016
AOR Received.
13-11-2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
05-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed at this time
Passport Req..
24-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-03-2017
LANDED..........
Hopefully July 2017
All the best everyone..... Hope to see many nominations this week. (Including mine!) ☺

Innana

Nov 20, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
03-02-2016
AOR Received.
20-03-2016
Med's Request
Feb 6
Med's Done....
Feb 17
Passport Req..
May 30
VISA ISSUED...
June 13
LANDED..........
July 09
I don't really understand how can there be people from November still waiting for their PNPs, let alone people who have ECE.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
bgj said:
Raj, I lost all hopes. That is why refrained from all group postings. I created additional profile, tried emailing them. Tried sending the same via fax. Still no reply. What to say???? I think our's is the most unlucky batch. I mean oct20-nov20. No movement in our files.
Lost all faith. Between any news from anky2015? He have the same officer as I do.
Life is hard man. Profile is expiring the day after.

Gagan89

Star Member
Dec 7, 2015
Hi Raj,

Can we create a new profile in the existing GC key? or shall I create a new GC key?

If I create a new GC key I need a new email address right? I cannot use my old email address that I used to create the old GC key?

Please Advice