Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
When I wrote to the premier, I received a reply after around 1 - 1.5 months. Hope you receive a response (or a nomination) sooner. All the best.
Just FYI y2kaine wrote 2 days before us and received a response from the premier the very next day saying she has forwarded his concern to the Minister Hon. Albanese.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
CanadaWeCome said:
Just FYI y2kaine wrote 2 days before us and received a response from the premier the very next day saying she has forwarded his concern to the Minister Hon. Albanese.
Yea, I got that one after a couple of days. However, MCIIT took around a month to send a response to my query.

y2kaine

Apr 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I had sent a letter to the MCI & the Premier last week and this is the response I got from OINP.
Thank you for your application to the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP).
It has been determined that your nominee application under the Express Entry: Human Capital Priorities – Federal Skilled Worker stream submitted on November 10, 2015 does not meet the requirements of the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.
A procedural fairness letter was sent to you on November 4, 2016 indicating that the documentation and information provided in support of your application may not have satisfied program criteria, specifically with respect to work experience.
Thank you for your response to the procedural fairness letter received on November 11, 2016, however, the information provided did not further support that program criteria was met.
The assessment of the information and documentation provided in support of your application indicates that your application does not meet program criteria.

For the reasons detailed above, your application has been refused.

The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program provides applicants an opportunity to request a review of this decision. This process is called reconsideration.
OINP’s reconsideration process is in place to provide applicants recourse to the refusal of their case should they feel an error was made by the program. The written request for reconsideration must be made within 30 calendar days of the date on the refusal letter and must identify what error(s) you believe was/were made in the assessment of your application. The error(s) you identify must be related to the stated reason(s) for the refusal of your application. The reconsideration decision is final.
Please note that a reconsideration review will consider eligibility at the time of the original application. A decision will not be reconsidered on the basis of a change in circumstances from the time of application submission and will not take into consideration new information or documentation that was not submitted to the program during initial application assessment.
Send a written request for reconsideration to:
Manager, Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration
400 University Avenue, Fifth Floor
Toronto ON M7A 2R9
Thank you for your application and your interest in the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program.
Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program Ministry of Citizenship and Immigration Government of Ontario
Since I wasted both time & money (not to mention the emotions), I am thinking that I do not want to send this written request for reconsideration.. as I want to take a break from this and try out the things that I had put on hold for this nomination since the past year or so.

Goodluck for the remaining applicants, please do not get stressed over my decision (yours would hopefully be different).

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
y2kaine said:
So I had sent a letter to the MCI & the Premier last week and this is the response I got from OINP.
Since I wasted both time & money (not to mention the emotions), I am thinking that I do not want to send this written request for reconsideration.. as I want to take a break from this and try out the things that I had put on hold for this nomination since the past year or so.

Goodluck for the remaining applicants, please do not get stressed over my decision (yours would hopefully be different).
I am very sorry, that is heart wrenching but please be strong.

I understand this must be a tough time for you but would you consider applying for this re-consideration request? If your documents were genuine and you met the criteria at the time of the application, I suppose you can give it another try (there is an opportunity to put in a request to reconsider). Do it and forget about it - If you get it, its celebration time. If you don't, well, you don't lose anything. This is only my suggestion - the decision is, of course, yours.

I will keep your name in the list without marking a refusal; In case you try and succeed, I will happily change it to GREEN. In this grim moment, I would like to say that if you need anything, you can leave a PM. I pray that you taste success very soon.

Once again, I am very sorry but remember - This too shall pass. You'll be back on track submitting documents post ITA very soon!

All the best!

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
y2kaine said:

Your mail moved us from within...as much as it was agonizing and painful to hear about the rejection, it has kind of seeded a fear in our hearts too.

We can feel your pain of wasting your time, money and emotions on this nomination...it must have wrenched you from within, leaving you feeling totally drained and dejected. It's sad to even think that, it took them one year of wasting your time (of life) to reject you, if at all they had to do this they could have the decency to do is faster and not waste your time at least. We believe if for nothing else they should have granted you nomination just for wasting your time by taking so much time to decide on your application.

However based on your PFL we still don't understand how working from home (at whatever pay) does not meet the program criterion (which one huh?).
We think, if based on your documents you believe that you meet each and every criterion for the nomination, and they could have misunderstood or mis-judged your documents. Although it's easier said than done, we suggest you opt for reconsideration and re-evaluation, and yes once done forget about it so that the outcome doesn't affect you anymore and carry on with life that you feel you had left/abandoned somewhere down the line. Probably it'll cost you a few documents (additional supporting/improved) and courier charges.

We suggest you to try out the NEW AIPP which is going to start early March 2017. As we understand it, for this we need to grab a job from an employer first. As the Canadian govt. recently inaugurated this program, am sure they must have taken many employers onboard already, so we assume getting a job offer under this program would not be as difficult as it was (and still is) under the LMIA program.

We want you to be with us in this journey together buddy...

Finally we'd say think about it and take your wise call as you access it best.

All the very best and would like to hear from you soon, with some great positive news... *fingers crossed*

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/atlantic/eligibility.asp

Pori

Star Member
Nov 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
February 13, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
February 6, 2017
LANDED..........
March 26, 2017
Background check "in progress" just this morning.

God is good.

y2kaine

Apr 22, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys thanks for the thoughts, but I am not giving up yet.. I just feel that it isn't worth my time to go through OINP once again. I am going to lay low for a while and enjoy the things that I missed during this ordeal (travelling :p).

I could send a letter for reconsideration but since I have already provided all the possible documents I could, I don't think the final decision would be in my favour (plus it's a waste of time as you already know). Plus they do not point out the exact reason in my work experience that they had a problem with, like if they said the period that I worked from home was the issue you know; they just state that the work experience was less than a year. I have already provided them with payslips & letters from my employer supporting this but they just do not seem to care.

Possibly I will start building my case again probably at the end of the year, going to work on getting max points from IELTS and I will complete 3 'continuous' yrs at work in April 2018 so that would max out my score to around 476 (subject to IELTS) and that in turn could get me a direct ITA. So that's my plan.. for now.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
y2kaine said:
Hey guys thanks for the thoughts, but I am not giving up yet.. I just feel that it isn't worth my time to go through OINP once again. I am going to lay low for a while and enjoy the things that I missed during this ordeal (travelling :p).

I could send a letter for reconsideration but since I have already provided all the possible documents I could, I don't think the final decision would be in my favour (plus it's a waste of time as you already know). Plus they do not point out the exact reason in my work experience that they had a problem with, like if they said the period that I worked from home was the issue you know; they just state that the work experience was less than a year. I have already provided them with payslips & letters from my employer supporting this but they just do not seem to care.

Possibly I will start building my case again probably at the end of the year, going to work on getting max points from IELTS and I will complete 3 'continuous' yrs at work in April 2018 so that would max out my score to around 476 (subject to IELTS) and that in turn could get me a direct ITA. So that's my plan.. for now.
All the very Best to you...I am sure you'll finally succeed and can show OINP the fing..

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
y2kaine said:

Okay. Wish you all the very best! Hope you join us on the boat soon! :)

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
y2kaine said:

hey sorry to hear about the rejection mate, must be really hard to take considering they took 15 months, not 3 ...

anyway its good that you have a backup plan... you should really apply for direct ITA when you are eligible :)

good luck in whatever you choose to do

praveenkumarbr

Apr 9, 2015
y2kaine said:

Cheers and all the best ... I am sure you will receive ITA later this year.

Pori

Star Member
Nov 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
February 13, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
February 6, 2017
LANDED..........
March 26, 2017
praveenkumarbr said:
Good ... just curious do we get the notifications in the email when status changes?
I didn't received any. Do check your CIC account for updates. They will probably only send you an email for special cases, such as an interview is required or something.

Bintehassan

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
By the grace of Almighty and the support+wishes of my forum fellow members, I have been nominated and just accepted it. Good luck to those waiting, good news coming your way.

UReginahopeful

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Bintehassan said:
By the grace of Almighty and the support+wishes of my forum fellow members, I have been nominated and just accepted it. Good luck to those waiting, good news coming your way.
Big Congrats! So happy for you!

I hope the remaining 3 or 4 get their nominations soon as well.

Good luck with the rest of the process!