+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Officers in Canada forget to Stamp passports when entering Canada

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
has anyone encountered this issue? I travelled 7 or 8 times and there were 3 times where the officers forgot or was too lazy to stamp my passport. I didn't notice until i applied for Citizenship. Would this have a negative impact on my application especially at the interview? I have received the CBSA report to prove that I entered Canada on those dates. do you thing this enough proof? has anyone experienced this scenario during the citizenship interview?

your help is greatly appreciated

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrbravo said:
has anyone encountered this issue? I travelled 7 or 8 times and there were 3 times where the officers forgot or was too lazy to stamp my passport. I didn't notice until i applied for Citizenship. Would this have a negative impact on my application especially at the interview? I have received the CBSA report to prove that I entered Canada on those dates. do you thing this enough proof? has anyone experienced this scenario during the citizenship interview?

your help is greatly appreciated
Until you have your CBSA report and you gave them the authorisation to request for one, you should be fine.

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
rocky272727 said:
Until you have your CBSA report and you gave them the authorisation to request for one, you should be fine.
Is it common that the officers don't stamp the passport in Canada? would the CIC officer believe my story at the interview? I already have the CBSA report on hand and it has got all the correct entry dates.

Please advise?

thank you very much

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mrbravo said:
Is it common that the officers don't stamp the passport in Canada? would the CIC officer believe my story at the interview? I already have the CBSA report on hand and it has got all the correct entry dates.

Please advise?

thank you very much
Yes, especially at the land border.

Kw8Un0NK

Star Member
Sep 18, 2013
For one of my family members it was opposite: no entry in CBSA report, but there was a stamp in passport.

xzb33

Star Member
Jun 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-April-2010
AOR Received.
05- May-2010
LANDED..........
03/06/2011
I have the same story, it happened at Calgary airport, I didn't notice that until i applied for Citizenship.
I requested CBSA report and I am still waiting the result

mrbravo

Star Member
Nov 2, 2013
xzb33 said:
I have the same story, it happened at Calgary airport, I didn't notice that until i applied for Citizenship.
I requested CBSA report and I am still waiting the result
Yes exactly this happened to me at Calgary airport. I noticed they are all like that which is weird. I never travelled through land borders. It had always been through Calgary airport. But my question is: do CIC understand that this is common through airports as well or not?

atheer

Aug 7, 2010
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It happened to one of my family members
didn't affect her application to renew PR when expired
i don't know about citizenship application

FL1040

Dec 30, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It doesn't matter, they enter your info in their system and it'll show, same if you use the passport and PR scanners they have now. They don't check the passport either on the way out, yet they know that data because the airlines share it with CBSA

lenovo

Star Member
Nov 17, 2013
Obtain the CBSA ATIP report using privacy information act - it takes 6-7 weeks.

Helped me resolve my missing stamp problem.

Missing stamps are now the norm esp. in pearson with the automated machines.

xzb33

Star Member
Jun 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-April-2010
AOR Received.
05- May-2010
LANDED..........
03/06/2011
mrbravo said:
But my question is: do CIC understand that this is common through airports as well or not?
I do not know,but I hope they understand that!

xzb33

Star Member
Jun 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-April-2010
AOR Received.
05- May-2010
LANDED..........
03/06/2011
FL1040 said:
They do...that's why they request clearances from CBSA
Thank you FL1040

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
Border records aren't always complete and can be misleading. The increasing reliance on these records against other evidence of residence is concerning.