+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Office location in Vancouver?

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
Hi,

I'm really desperate and it doesn't make any sense that Vancouver office is so slow! :mad:
I live in Downtown Vancouver and I really want to talk to somebody who answers my questions better than CIC operator on the phone.

It seems like they have 3 locations in Vancouver and all of them in Downtown.
  • 800 Burrard Street
  • 877 Expo Boulevard
  • 1148 Hornby Street
Does anybody know which location is processing the actual citizenship applications?

minijoo

Star Member
Jan 7, 2021
Greater Vancouver Area
Reactions: Anford

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
I am a BC applicant myself. Though my processing office is Surrey.

If you check this website, https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/canada-appointment-only.html, there's actually only 2 offices in downtown Vancouver.

Also, if you want to talk to other BC applicants, you can check this out: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/vancouver-citizenship-test-invite-masterthread.721269
Thanks! You're right, there are only 2 offices... I've been watching the other thread and I also just applied for GCMS notes even though I know it's not going to help with anything :rolleyes: It just gives me a feeling like I'm trying to do something about it :p

minijoo

Star Member
Jan 7, 2021
Greater Vancouver Area
Thanks! You're right, there are only 2 offices... I've been watching the other thread and I also just applied for GCMS notes even though I know it's not going to help with anything :rolleyes: It just gives me a feeling like I'm trying to do something about it :p
All the best! Though I am quite surprised that you haven't been invited to write an online test. From other threads I have been following, Downtown Vancouver applicants moved very quickly as in their status got changed to DM a few days after their test and they were invited to an oath ceremony shortly after. And here I am with the Surrey office who has not updated me ever since I wrote my test on Jan 4...-_-

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015
I got my test invite last week (February 18th). I applied urgently though so the timeline isn't super helpful for others. Just know there is work being done.

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
All the best! Though I am quite surprised that you haven't been invited to write an online test. From other threads I have been following, Downtown Vancouver applicants moved very quickly as in their status got changed to DM a few days after their test and they were invited to an oath ceremony shortly after. And here I am with the Surrey office who has not updated me ever since I wrote my test on Jan 4...-_-
It's very frustrating... and I also think my case is very easy as I'm a single applicant, been in Canada since 2014, never had any issues with my immigration history,
I got my test invite last week (February 18th). I applied urgently though so the timeline isn't super helpful for others. Just know there is work being done.
What is your timeline? Best is to always have it in your signature for other members of this forum.

Gemini020

Oct 11, 2015
It's very frustrating... and I also think my case is very easy as I'm a single applicant, been in Canada since 2014, never had any issues with my immigration history,

What is your timeline? Best is to always have it in your signature for other members of this forum.
done

gurujimaharaj

Jan 8, 2019
Hello,

i am september 2018 applicant vancouver
Pass my test in july 2019 got oath for september 2019 which was sent in error
Decision made since july 2019 but till now no oath date
All i can do is be patient as atip notes dont tell anything

• Sad

minijoo

Star Member
Jan 7, 2021
Greater Vancouver Area

Yeah I am a single applicant here and been in Canada since 2014. I am sure processing times differ case by case, so I guess my question is what about my application is questioning which will not be answered lol

gurujimaharaj

Jan 8, 2019
Yeah I am a single applicant here and been in Canada since 2014. I am sure processing times differ case by case, so I guess my question is what about my application is questioning which will not be answered lol
lol i have been asking that question directly to vancouver office since october 2019 and all i get as its not ready for ceremony yet

gurujimaharaj

Jan 8, 2019
When i received the oath invite back in 2019 which they said was sent in error so vancouver office send me email to not appear and explain that it was sent in error so relplied and asked what is the issue when i passed the test and online it says decision made so after few months i got reply that it is not ready yet for ceremony

Anford

Oct 3, 2016
Vancouver, BC
Visa Office......
Vancouver, BC
When i received the oath invite back in 2019 which they said was sent in error so vancouver office send me email to not appear and explain that it was sent in error so relplied and asked what is the issue when i passed the test and online it says decision made so after few months i got reply that it is not ready yet for ceremony
Oh I meant how you contact Vancouver office directly? You said you have been asking directly to Vancouver office so I thought maybe you have a phone number to this specific office?

gurujimaharaj

Jan 8, 2019
Oh I meant how you contact Vancouver office directly? You said you have been asking directly to Vancouver office so I thought maybe you have a phone number to this specific office?
i wish i had phone number i will be calling like crazy past 29 months
Just email conversation