+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Offered a job in Alberta as Temporary Workers program

desertpal

Apr 21, 2008
I would like to get some info regarding my job offer in Alberta, I was offered a 24 C$/hr for a job listed as Skilled level B in the NOC. Is the offer enough for me to live according to the standard of living in this city (after taxes, rent, food, clothing..etc)? Is it mandatory for employers to give their workers health insurance, housing, plane tickets..etc. Also how long is the average processing of the LMO (Skilled level B) I was told it would take 12-16 weeks? Any other info regarding work/living in Alberta is much welcome?

habib890

Mar 30, 2008
That is a good payment per hour.
you may find more information on moving to Alberta:
http://www.services.gov.ab.ca/cps/rde/xchg/sa/hs.xsl/5964.html?audience=&facet=&subtopic=&topic=5247&topnav=living

desertpal

Apr 21, 2008
Thanks for the reply Habib, I'm still at a a lost as to how much time it takes for the LMO to be approved, is there any fast track for the processing?

rameshcs8

Apr 1, 2008
Hi Desert pal,

It will be usefull for many of us to know in what field and industry you have got this job and from which country you are from?

Ram

$24 sounds alright, I'm sure you will be fine.

Alberta is booming, I saw on the CBC, in Fort McMurray trailers go for $400,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you can buy a pretty nice house in Toronto for that much and in a major city.

Tim Hortons is paying like 15hr.......crazyness

I hope your not from a hot country, because last time I was in Alberta it snowed in August.

desertpal

Apr 21, 2008
Thx for the info Graeme, I guess I can cross out now my concern regarding salary, though it is good as the info Ive been getting, I think it would be balanced by the high cost of living in Alberta. Im planning of living in a bachelor apartment, but still looking for 500C$/mo or less rent. Well indeed, Im currently working now in a very hot country wherein summer tend to rise up to 43C...I guess it will be like going from one end of the scale to the other end....

anas123

Feb 4, 2008
hello.... i am a student and would like to find a job in canda... my field is accounting and i have a degree from uk.... please tell me how you went for your job search n canda. i went to monstor but many of the employers are taking people with work permits. please tell me about your situation ...... how you actually got the job...

thanks

desertpal

Apr 21, 2008
Hi anas...heres my 2 cents

I just wanted to share my experience in searching my job. I started with most of major jobsites in Canada and narrowed my search to the city I'm interested in (ie AB & BC where my job is currently in demand and is listed as an occupation under pressure) and then have it fed to my email thru RSS which available in most site. Everyday I just checked my google/yahoo page to see all the new job openings for my occupation. ;D

Also, I tried this site http://workingincanada.gc.ca/welcome.do?lang=en
and this will give you all information regarding your job description, availability,wages and so on....also the current job openings in the specific province you have chosen. :)

Another thing, try using a Canadian Company Database which is a directory of companies in Canada. You can search by company name which employ your specific occupation...ie....engineer so i will put in the search tab..the word construction company or engineering company...then it will give you a result of names of all companies and its infos related to your search word.
http://www.profilecanada.com/