+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Offer of employment – Skilled immigrants (Express Entry)

pultyn

Star Member
Jan 8, 2013
Some confusion here. I'm reading new EE rules and can't figure out Offer Of Employment part.

I'm under International Experience Canada Work Permit. NOC 07XX Assistant Manager. Employer is listed on my WP. It's valid for a year only. After a year I'll get an extra 35 points to my EE profile and will have 468 pts. I don't know if it will be enough. Maybe...

Is there any chance to get extra 50 points in my case?

What IRCC means by "Offer of Employment" is...

OR

you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:

are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer and
have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa.
So, I have work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA

If you read what it is:

Jobs exempt from the LMIA

[...]

b.
reciprocal employment – lets foreign workers get jobs in Canada when Canadians have similar opportunities in other countries
general (such as professional coaches and athletes working for Canadian teams)
International Experience Canada – a work abroad program for youth and young professionals
people in exchange programs like professors and visiting lecturers
One year length is maximum I can get under IEC Young Professionals category. What to do to get 50 pts?

I have no clue how it works with this type of permit. Any ideas?