+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October applicants with no test invite

FloydCan

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
App delivered Oct 23, IP since Jan 27, Montreal office... still waiting.

Just requested my first ATIP notes, hopefully by the time I receive it I'll have received a test invite :/
Do share the notes if they come before the invite.

xmaanix

May 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IP january 3rd, scarborough, no test invite

glob

Oct 6, 2017
IP since early December, Mississauga office.

GCMS notes show no recent activity. Background checks have not been started yet (other than criminality check completed in Sydney).
Paper file status "in transfer"

dustincarlisle

Apr 30, 2014
Canada
Mine is IP since January 04. I am from Calgary. My friend who sent the app the same day as my app is already a citizen, got his passport already and will be leaving the country the end of this month for a vacation. He is from Calgary too :(

FloydCan

Star Member
Nov 17, 2017
IP since early December, Mississauga office.

GCMS notes show no recent activity. Background checks have not been started yet (other than criminality check completed in Sydney).
Paper file status "in transfer"
Oh wow, this certainly applies to the majority of us here. In other words, the officer has not even picked up and looked at our application.

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Delivered 13 October 2017
IP since 7 December 2017

Scarborough office is brutally slow, I am lossing hope slowly.
According to the spreadsheet, Scarborough is actually pretty fast, out of the 89 who submitted from Scarborough in October and got IP, 80 of them already got test invitation. Some of my friends and coworkers who submitted from Toronto also got test invitation from Scarborough office

SoftwareEngg

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Under IP Since Nov 22nd .... haven't received any updates from Missisuaga .... this is rediculous becoz they are not picking up the files in a sequence. ....

kash_01

Apr 10, 2018
Mine is IP since January 04. I am from Calgary. My friend who sent the app the same day as my app is already a citizen, got his passport already and will be leaving the country the end of this month for a vacation. He is from Calgary too :(
Hi, I am from Calgary too, IP since Jan 27, 2018...
I don't think there are picking files in terms of order of filing... It depends how fast your backgrounds checks are cleared.. I called yesterday and was told that my backgrounds checks are underway..

dustincarlisle

Apr 30, 2014
Canada
Hi, I am from Calgary too, IP since Jan 27, 2018...
I don't think there are picking files in terms of order of filing... It depends how fast your backgrounds checks are cleared.. I called yesterday and was told that my backgrounds checks are underway..
In terms of background checks, that friend of mine has been out of Canada and travelled a lot countries many times during the eligibility period. His background checks were completed so quickly while I, on the other side has never been outside of Canada since I got PR. When I talked to the agent over the phone (took me about an hour waiting), he told me that my background checks are not done yet which I think makes no sense at all, but I have no choice anyway. Its just that I feel its unfair and waiting kills me already :(

Sorry for the rant, I'm just so upset. I know it says in the website that processing is at 12 months average. Don't get me wrong. I am happy for those who are back on track, got their test invites and even their citizenships. I just do not know why they are taking things so slow on my app when some people had their turn quite fast :(

Reactions: FloydCan

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
In terms of background checks, that friend of mine has been out of Canada and travelled a lot countries many times during the eligibility period. His background checks were completed so quickly while I, on the other side has never been outside of Canada since I got PR. When I talked to the agent over the phone (took me about an hour waiting), he told me that my background checks are not done yet which I think makes no sense at all, but I have no choice anyway. Its just that I feel its unfair and waiting kills me already :(

Sorry for the rant, I'm just so upset. I know it says in the website that processing is at 12 months average. Don't get me wrong. I am happy for those who are back on track, got their test invites and even their citizenships. I just do not know why they are taking things so slow on my app when some people had their turn quite fast :(
That’s life , which is never fair - and there is nothing anyone can do about it . My coworker submitted a week later than I did, and moved to another country a couple of months later, came back last week to take the exam (and left Canada right after ), while I still haven’t seen any test invitation after 6 months

Reactions: kash_01

kash_01

Apr 10, 2018
That’s life , which is never fair - and there is nothing anyone can do about it . My coworker submitted a week later than I did, and moved to another country a couple of months later, came back last week to take the exam (and left Canada right after ), while I still haven’t seen any test invitation after 6 months[/QUO
A quick question:My apologies in advance, if this has been answered before:
My PR card is expiring next month and I am not planning to renew it. Is that fine? Is it mandatory to have a valid PR card? The reason for NOT renewing PR is that one of my close friends got PR renewed in 3 months so why wasting time when I already applied for citizenship.