+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2023 - Citizenship Applications

inderjs

Dec 30, 2018
Do IRCC officers work? I guess that they stopped their work in the name of the high volume of applications.

Nothing happened for more than 4 months since I passed citizenship test. Even BG is still in progress. I have no idea about the reason.

Everything is just a kind of random. Probably IRCC officers would play on-line games or enjoy their hobbies whole the day.
Same here.. no update since they received my Fingerprint records 20th Dec 2023 and even BG is still in progress (Family application for 3, Scarborough office).

newbie1983

Jul 11, 2018
Same here.. no update since they received my Fingerprint records 20th Dec 2023 and even BG is still in progress (Family application for 3, Scarborough office).
how do you know your processing office location..i applied through paper application is it possible to me to find out mine >?

inderjs

Dec 30, 2018
how do you know your processing office location..i applied through paper application is it possible to me to find out mine >?
Not sure about paper applications however, for online ones, the email address of the ID you receive your citizenship test invite is your processing office.

thomman

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Hi. Has it moved forward since ? ...Did you apply for renewal of your passport ?
Background verification and prohibitions turned to Completed on Apr 25. Its all Green and Completed now. But no email regarding Oath. I am assuming its all done now and there will be another wait for getting the oath invitation. Does anyone knows how long it can take to get the Oath Invitation since now everything is completed?

BTW, we didnt renew the passport yet. Hopefully we will get the Oath Invite without too much delay.

inderjs

Dec 30, 2018
NEED ADVICE: Home country passport and PR card expiring in Oct-24 and planning to get both renewed. Do I need to update citizenship application with renewed documents ? Below is my timeline.

Family application for 3 ; Scarborough office

Oct 3, 2023 - submitted online

Nov 03, 2023 - AOR (Sydney office)

Nov 15, 2023 - Received letter to submit Fingerprints (Self only)

Dec 04, 2023 - Citizenship test completed

Dec 20, 2023 - Fingerprint Results: Received by IRCC

LPP & Background verification (Self) - In Progress

LPP (Spouse) - In Progress

Citizenship ceremony - Not Started

UPDATE: Received GCMS notes today.

Primary Office: Scarborough
Secondary Office: CPC Sydney

Application assignment: RC-8090 (CPC Sydney)

Eligibility Assessments:
LPP: Not Started
Citizenship Test: Passed

Eligibility Details:
Created Date: 2023/11/03
Updated Date: 2024/03/12

Eligibility Prohibitions: Completed

Security Clearance: Redacted s.15(1)

Criminality: Passed

Oath: Assigned to RC-8090

Note sure when will RC-8090 wake up now!

newbie1983

Jul 11, 2018
How did you request the notes for CITIZENSHIP app ? i dont see that option while applying mine..please let me know thanks..
UPDATE: Received GCMS notes today.

Primary Office: Scarborough
Secondary Office: CPC Sydney

Application assignment: RC-8090 (CPC Sydney)

Eligibility Assessments:
LPP: Not Started
Citizenship Test: Passed

Eligibility Details:
Created Date: 2023/11/03
Updated Date: 2024/03/12

Eligibility Prohibitions: Completed

Security Clearance: Redacted s.15(1)

Criminality: Passed

Oath: Assigned to RC-8090

Note sure when will RC-8090 wake up now!

PepsiFanta

Dec 11, 2023
Hi guys!! I’ve been scheduled for an in person interview. My letter of invitation to appear says I can only take one person. I would like to take my wife husband and our 6 months old. My question is, will they consider the baby as the 3rd person or no? Thank you.

omarnene

Sep 9, 2017
Hi guys!! I’ve been scheduled for an in person interview. My letter of invitation to appear says I can only take one person. I would like to take my wife husband and our 6 months old. My question is, will they consider the baby as the 3rd person or no? Thank you.
Yes, they consider it as a person.

why they asked you for an interview?
can you share your timeline?