+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2022 Citizenship Applications

jojee2k6

Sep 6, 2016
Exact on 2 weeks mark post- BGC (Dec 07), today spouse got DM in ECAS, while mine stays IP. Hoping mine should be updated too within 24 hrs (by tomorrow), then tracker on Saturday.
Finally, approaching to an END of the painful journey of 16+ months, albeit as per service standard, eh! Dare to question? Nah!
-------------
Full timeline:
-------------
  • Sent: Oct 03, 2022
  • Delivered: Oct 04, 2022
  • AOR: Nov 17, 2022
  • Paper, Family(3), Toronto
  • App File date: Nov 10
  • ECAS In Process: Feb 8
  • VO: Scarborough
  • Test Taken: Feb 24
  • FP Req for spouse: Feb 22
  • FP Submitted: Feb 22
  • FP Received: Mar 13
  • BGC for A1: Mar 14
  • BGC for A2: Dec 7, 2023 (10 months in SS)
  • LPP: Dec 21, 2023 (2 weeks after BGC)
  • Oath IP: Dec 29, 2023 (1 week after LPP)
  • Oath Scheduled: Feb 08, 2024 (Ironically, Feb 8, 2023 was SS start dated).
-----
Salient highlights:
SS : 10 months
SS >> LPP: 2 Weeks
LPP >> Oath: 1 week.
-----
Good luck everyone! Hang tight. I know the suffering and this shall pass too for you too!

Alan555

Dec 15, 2023
Here is an interesting one, looking at my GCMS notes.
Secondary Office
Created date 2004/08/12
Updated date 2012/06/14
Office Name - Scarborough Citizenship Office

The dates above both dont align when i landed in Canada or when i applied. Would anyone know what the dates mean, eg when that office was opened.

Ayeshaua

Nov 1, 2023
IDK if this is useful for anyone since we are all at the 15 month mark, but I did call IRCC yesterday, and after 16 back to back calls I got through, the wait was 20 mins. The person I spoke to was very nice they didn't rush me I asked them a few questions but it wasn't entirely helpful as far as the oath is concerned, they asked me to wait till the end of the week (which by default would be my full 15 month mark) or the month lol, since until y.day I thought timeline was 16 months I couldn't do or say much but to wait, anyway they did say call us back by 16th mo mark, well do something about this.. so idk if that helps anyone.

olayemo

Star Member
Nov 7, 2022
IDK if this is useful for anyone since we are all at the 15 month mark, but I did call IRCC yesterday, and after 16 back to back calls I got through, the wait was 20 mins. The person I spoke to was very nice they didn't rush me I asked them a few questions but it wasn't entirely helpful as far as the oath is concerned, they asked me to wait till the end of the week (which by default would be my full 15 month mark) or the month lol, since until y.day I thought timeline was 16 months I couldn't do or say much but to wait, anyway they did say call us back by 16th mo mark, well do something about this.. so idk if that helps anyone.
I hit the 15 months yesterday. Called them today and was told that they would flag my application since it has passed the Standard Processing time. When I asked about when it is good to check back, the lady said maybe in a couple of weeks.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I hit the 15 months yesterday. Called them today and was told that they would flag my application since it has passed the Standard Processing time. When I asked about when it is good to check back, the lady said maybe in a couple of weeks.
Additionally you can take help of the MP office too once the processing time is breached.

Reactions: olayemo

Ayeshaua

Nov 1, 2023
What stage is your tracker at? Are you only waiting for an oath date?