+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2022 Citizenship Applications

alfadvin

Jun 22, 2023
Hello everyone,

Is it typical for the LPP to be marked as completed without any changes in the ECAS status indicating a decision has been made? On June 14th, my LPP was marked as completed, but there has been no update to the ECAS status, which still shows that the application is in progress. I submitted my application online.

Citizenship
  • Application sent: 15 Oct 2022
  • AOR: 25 Oct 2022
  • BG Check Completed: 20 Jan 2023
  • Test Invite / Taken / Completed: 2 Mar / 10 Mar / 13 Mar 2023
  • Language skills, physical presence, and prohibitions completed: 14 Jun 2023
Updated my message with my citizenship path

waqar001

Star Member
Nov 15, 2012
Hi, can anyone help. I passed on test on 18th March. However, my background check and LPP is still in progress. Mostly, background check get passed before test. Just to add to it, I recently did police record check for a job with negative report.

I called IRCC and they told me your background check is in progress. Just worried, if anyone can explain please.

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
Hi, can anyone help. I passed on test on 18th March. However, my background check and LPP is still in progress. Mostly, background check get passed before test. Just to add to it, I recently did police record check for a job with negative report.

I called IRCC and they told me your background check is in progress. Just worried, if anyone can explain please.
With IRCC it could be anything. What do you mean the police check was negative? You didn’t know you had a criminal record prior to doing that for the job?

noblevrghs

Nov 4, 2017
I applied applications for myself, spouse and 2 kids. LPP for my spouse is completed. Mine is still in progress. Is it something normal ?

Babybae

Jan 15, 2018
Canada
Negative police record means there is no history of criminal record
The way you wrote it and added the info after the fact, it came across as Negative to mean it was a BAD report.

Anyway you already had test done which means your BG is completed. they wouldn't send test request without completing BG first.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
The way you wrote it and added the info after the fact, it came across as Negative to mean it was a BAD report.

Anyway you already had test done which means your BG is completed. they wouldn't send test request without completing BG first.
Not always. IRCC is sending Test invite to many whose BG is taking time to complete.