+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

sam2018

May 23, 2018
Hi everyone.. Its finally almost over for me.. Oath scheduled for June 8th, online.

Timelines:
Applied October 1sr 2021
Started processing December 2021
Test June 2022
Fingerprint requested and submitted June 2022
Test marked complete June 2022
BG marked complete Feb 2023
Physical interview scheduled April 27th then rescheduled to May 29th due to the strike.
Everything marked complete May 31st and Oath letter received May 31st as well.

I have requested my ATIP a while back, and received it in April. In the notes, an officer wrote that an email was sent to me asking for a copy of my passports (all pages) to be submitted electronically. I never received that email and that's why all the delay.

And no, it wasn't in my spam folder. All other emails from. Ircc delivered to my inbox except for that one, not likely. My guess, officer added the note but never sent the email. I also never received the test email, found out checking my status online, and contacted ircc support to send me the link. (test link and passport request were supposed to be in the same email)

Wish you all best of luck.

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Hi everyone.. Its finally almost over for me.. Oath scheduled for June 8th, online.

Timelines:
Applied October 1sr 2021
Test June 2022
Physical interview scheduled April 27th then rescheduled to May 29th due to the strike.

I have requested my ATIP a while back, and received it in April. In the notes, an officer wrote that an email was sent to me asking for a copy of my passports (all pages) to be submitted electronically. I never received that email and that's why all the delay.

And no, it wasn't in my spam folder. All other emails from. Ircc delivered to my inbox except for that one, not likely. My guess, officer added the note but never sent the email. I also never received the test email, found out checking my status online, and contacted ircc support to send me the link. (test link and passport request were supposed to be in the same email)

Congratulations on the oath. Frustrating for IRCC to have dropped the ball that way and left you waiting for almost a year, and unfortunately it is not uncommon…

The officer either did not send you the email at all or sent it to the wrong address. I would call this an administrative error that lead to a delay and that’s grounds to qualify for urgent processing.

In any case, what matters at this point is your upcoming oath. Glad you are approaching the end of your journey.

PAB

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
My LPP has been marked as completed as of June 2nd, visible today! It took 2.5+ months from my Background check completion to get to this step. see below timeline for more details.

IndianBos

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
16-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
11-Dec-2014
Med's Request
24-Apr-2015 (Delayed for adding a child)
Med's Done....
9-May-2015 (Updated 29-May-2015)
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
17-Jun-2015 (mailed 29-June-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
7-Sep-2015

Timelines:
Applied October 1sr 2021
Test June 2022

Hi, we have been scheduled for a online interview in 2 weeks. Could you give me an idea on what to expect?

My wife and I both are scheduled for the same time slot, so wondering if we need to login in together or separate.

IndianBos

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
16-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
11-Dec-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
7-Sep-2015
Still waiting Oath
My time line

Jan 17, 2022 Application filed
Oct 24, 2022 Fingerprints required
Nov 2, 2022 Fingerprint results: Received
Nov 3, 2022 Activity status updated: Background verification
Mar 14, 2023 Activity status updated: Citizenship test
Mar 20, 2023 Activity status updated: Citizenship test status has been updated to Completed.

Apr 12, 2023 Interview required

Apr 12, 2023Prohibitions status has been updated to Completed.
Apr 12, 2023 Physical presence status has been updated to Completed.
Apr 12, 2023 Language skills status has been updated to Completed.

Last Updated:April 14, 2023
My question when approximately time for Oath
Any one like me
Thanks all
Hi, we have been scheduled for a online interview in 2 weeks. Could you give me an idea on what to expect?

My wife and I both are scheduled for the same time slot, so wondering if we need to login in together or separate.

5Kent

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Ottawa, ON
If you are like me and still waiting on the IRCC to grant you citizenship after submitting your application in October 2021, note that the IRCC has now exceeded the 19-months processing period that they promise on the website.

It has now been 20 months since October 2021.

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

NAAJ

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-12-2014
Med's Request
13-01-2015
Med's Done....
25-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-01-2015
If you are like me and still waiting on the IRCC to grant you citizenship after submitting your application in October 2021, note that the IRCC has now exceeded the 19-months processing period that they promise on the website.

It has now been 20 months since October 2021.
Dont get your hopes up. I called IRCC today to follow up and tell them that my application has now exceeded the 19 mo processing time. They responded that my application is non-routine, hence normal processing time doesn’t apply! You can’t win with IRCC

IndianBos

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-Jun-2014
Nomination.....
16-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
11-Dec-2014
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
11-Jul-2015
LANDED..........
7-Sep-2015
Dont get your hopes up. I called IRCC today to follow up and tell them that my application has now exceeded the 19 mo processing time. They responded that my application is non-routine, hence normal processing time doesn’t apply! You can’t win with IRCC
My MP sent an email to IRCC asking for the status, and they had tagged my application as non-routine as well. No one knows the reason why.

5Kent

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Ottawa, ON
Yep. My application has also been categorized as "non-routine". The idea behind my post was just to alert applicants about the "normal" processing time being exceeded.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Yep. My application has also been categorized as "non-routine". The idea behind my post was just to alert applicants about the "normal" processing time being exceeded.
We consider your application non-routine if:
  • you asked to change your personal information, such as:
    • name
    • sex or gender identifier
    • date of birth
  • you missed a:
    • test
    • interview
    • hearing
  • we need you to submit extra documents, like:
    • fingerprints
    • residence documents
  • we asked you to come to another interview or hearing after you attended your interview

Is anyone of the above applicable for your application?

NAAJ

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-05-2014
Doc's Request.
29-12-2014
Med's Request
13-01-2015
Med's Done....
25-01-2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
29-01-2015
    • name
    • date of birth
  • you missed a:
    • test
    • interview
    • hearing
    • fingerprints
    • residence documents
  • we asked you to come to another interview or hearing after you attended your interview

None of above applies to me, yet my application is now “presumably” non-routine. I guess once one’s application crosses the normal processing time, the office has less incentive to prioritise over the ones that are still within the range. At the end of the day, their KPIs is what matters! Sad

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
None of above applies to me, yet my application is now “presumably” non-routine. I guess once one’s application crosses the normal processing time, the office has less incentive to prioritise over the ones that are still within the range. At the end of the day, their KPIs is what matters! Sad
They are shrugging there responsibility by marking application as non-routine without any valid criteria.

5Kent

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Ottawa, ON
    • name
    • date of birth
  • you missed a:
    • test
    • interview
    • hearing
    • fingerprints
    • residence documents

None of this applies to me. I think they use the "non-routine" designation to shirk responsibility for failing to process some applications on time.