+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
Interesting question... I have never ordered GCMS notes before. But I did take a quick look at one and searched for "bring" and "forward" and found nothing. Do you have anything?
I've never seen it. I see "due dates" but those seem to just come and go. Does everyone get a "bring forward" date?

I’ve applied for urgent processing. If that was approved, would that yield a bring forward date?

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
I've never seen it. I see "due dates" but those seem to just come and go. Does everyone get a "bring forward" date?

I’ve applied for urgent processing. If that was approved, would that yield a bring forward date?
I think all apps have a bring forward date... the don't advertise it. If your urgent processing is approved, your application will be processed with priority

PAB

Star Member
Feb 13, 2018
I got background completed Feb 13. Scarborough office. Most recent notes says LPP "not started", but in mid April, the file was assigned to an officer and the location is "review ready PM03", which someone said is a third level program manager or something.

Have you got anything similar in your notes?
No response to my notes requests yet.

Guptavv

Oct 15, 2017
NA
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
21-07-2017
Doc's Request.
13-10-2017
AOR Received.
06-11-2017
IELTS Request
10-07-2017
Med's Request
25-10-2017
Passport Req..
04-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2018
LANDED..........
04-06-2018
No response to my notes requests yet.
Did you see any movement in the file ? I think our timelines are pretty close?

Guptavv

Oct 15, 2017
NA
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
21-07-2017
Doc's Request.
13-10-2017
AOR Received.
06-11-2017
IELTS Request
10-07-2017
Med's Request
25-10-2017
Passport Req..
04-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2018
LANDED..........
04-06-2018
Does anyone know if LPP completes only after DM status on ECAS or is that status totally different, I checked my ECAS and it has been showing In Progress since forever

Once again

Star Member
Jan 19, 2018
Does anyone know if LPP completes only after DM status on ECAS or is that status totally different, I checked my ECAS and it has been showing In Progress since forever
You will see Decion made on Ecas first, next day you will have LPP completed on tracker, because Ecas update daily, tracker update after 2 days-4 days if weekend.

Guptavv

Oct 15, 2017
NA
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
21-07-2017
Doc's Request.
13-10-2017
AOR Received.
06-11-2017
IELTS Request
10-07-2017
Med's Request
25-10-2017
Passport Req..
04-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2018
LANDED..........
04-06-2018
You will see Decion made on Ecas first, next day you will have LPP completed on tracker, because Ecas update daily, tracker update after 2 days-4 days if weekend.
Ok I have been following ECAS also and I have not seen any status than In Progress on the thing

Guptavv

Oct 15, 2017
NA
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
21-07-2017
Doc's Request.
13-10-2017
AOR Received.
06-11-2017
IELTS Request
10-07-2017
Med's Request
25-10-2017
Passport Req..
04-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
10-01-2018
LANDED..........
04-06-2018
Nope. Still the same since BG completion in March.
Oh man things like this scare me that our files are in some dark corner and they are down irregular processing timeline where we cannot question IRCC about the delays

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
Can this info be found in atip notes?
When we order ATIP we are requesting information about our files.

ATIP can be requested for various other govt processes. This appears to be ATIP regarding internal instructions within IRCC...

I am still not sure what bring forward date refers to though? Could it be bringing forward an application for action in response to an urgent processing request? Or is it just the projected date when the file will be next in line to look at?

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
When we order ATIP we are requesting information about our files.

ATIP can be requested for various other govt processes. This appears to be ATIP regarding internal instructions within IRCC...

I am still not sure what bring forward date refers to though? Could it be bringing forward an application for action in response to an urgent processing request? Or is it just the projected date when the file will be next in line to look at?
It seems to be the latter. I haven't seen any mention of this in my notes. Only due dates- which are meaningless. Every time I email they refuse to say when the file will be looked at. If they know they should say. It's ridiculous

Reactions: Wacky1.nash

Wacky1.nash

Jul 18, 2017
Singapore
It seems to be the latter. I haven't seen any mention of this in my notes. Only due dates- which are meaningless. Every time I email they refuse to say when the file will be looked at. If they know they should say. It's ridiculous
It is indeed very frustrating.

I just called IRCC and for the first time I got someone who was forthcoming, cooperative and listened to my concerns. They told me that they themselves had just taken oath the day before and hence empathise with us applicants. In the end they were unable to help in anyway, but did give me some clarity on general processing and where my file is.

1. They acknowledged that my application was highly unusual having had no progress on my tracker at all since it was filed in Oct 2021. I pointed out that this is the only file in history that has had no progress in 19 months (not counting fingerprint request which only came when I sent email asking for it since it was noted as needed since June 2022), and they agreed it was delayed.

2. They acknowledged that IRCC agents were wrong to have to have told me (and my MP) they had everything they needed from me during the 10 months that it was identified they needed a Canadian address. They advised to file a complaint. They said they have no mechanism to complain on their end and they had personally brought it up as an issue before that agents don't do their due diligence in checking the application when responding to calls. This is where to file a complaint:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx?_ga=1.159223353.2062273042.1411484201

2. I asked about bring forward date and they readily gave me that information. They told me mine is June 3 2023. They said this is the same as the due date we see on GCMS notes and hence it is something that I would see anyway on my notes and hence they have no problem disclosing it to me. They did warn me that it changes all the time, and doesn't mean much lol.

3. I asked about urgent processing, and they said if it were approved for it they would have seen it. With me having made the request in Feb, and so much time has passed without it being approved, it is likely it didn't meet the eligibility.

4. I asked about the errors in my application that I noted in my GCMS notes, they informed me that as far as they can see the errors are now corrected. They weren't able to tell me when that was corrected.

Overall it looks like my file is waiting:
1. Fingerprints review once it is received from RCMP. No fingerprints were on file yet so probably not received.
2. To be sent to secondary office (Scarborough) so they can send me test invite.

johnjkjk

Champion Member
Mar 29, 2016
It is indeed very frustrating.

I just called IRCC and for the first time I got someone who was forthcoming, cooperative and listened to my concerns. They told me that they themselves had just taken oath the day before and hence empathise with us applicants. In the end they were unable to help in anyway, but did give me some clarity on general processing and where my file is.

1. They acknowledged that my application was highly unusual having had no progress on my tracker at all since it was filed in Oct 2021. I pointed out that this is the only file in history that has had no progress in 19 months (not counting fingerprint request which only came when I sent email asking for it since it was noted as needed since June 2022), and they agreed it was delayed.

2. They acknowledged that IRCC agents were wrong to have to have told me (and my MP) they had everything they needed from me during the 10 months that it was identified they needed a Canadian address. They advised to file a complaint. They said they have no mechanism to complain on their end and they had personally brought it up as an issue before that agents don't do their due diligence in checking the application when responding to calls. This is where to file a complaint:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx?_ga=1.159223353.2062273042.1411484201

2. I asked about bring forward date and they readily gave me that information. They told me mine is June 3 2023. They said this is the same as the due date we see on GCMS notes and hence it is something that I would see anyway on my notes and hence they have no problem disclosing it to me. They did warn me that it changes all the time, and doesn't mean much lol.

3. I asked about urgent processing, and they said if it were approved for it they would have seen it. With me having made the request in Feb, and so much time has passed without it being approved, it is likely it didn't meet the eligibility.

4. I asked about the errors in my application that I noted in my GCMS notes, they informed me that as far as they can see the errors are now corrected. They weren't able to tell me when that was corrected.

Overall it looks like my file is waiting:
1. Fingerprints review once it is received from RCMP. No fingerprints were on file yet so probably not received.
2. To be sent to secondary office (Scarborough) so they can send me test invite.
Ah so bring forward is the same as due dates? Mine always pass without any progress. Next one is in a few days.

I'm waiting on the outcome of urgent processing. My MP recently confirmed that it's been received but no decision made on it. Why should I have to go through my MP to get information (and besides, my MPs office is reluctant to help)?