+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

wink

May 25, 2021
I have not been able to login since few days on both my laptop and phone. It just keeps loading. Does anyone know how to resolve the issue?
Are you scheduled for Oath in few days? If so, it is common thing and nothing to worry.. it will work after your oath is done.

Amr0000

Oct 18, 2021
I was not able to update my timeline since the beginning ... here is my update:

Application sent october 15 2021
Aor jan 11 2022
Citizenship test: jul 5 2022
Police certificate required: jul 7 2022
Citizenship Test completed: jul 19 2022
Finger prints received: aug 29 2022
BG completed: aug 30 2022
Language/prohobitions/physical presence completed: oct 28 2022
Oath date: dec20 2022
File closed: dec 23 2022

Oath office: calagary
Certificate processing office: saskatoon

Still waiting for the certificate until now .... i hope to receive it soon because I have a flight to catch next week!!!

ExLeo777

Star Member
Dec 19, 2022
Gatineau
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Today the IRCC answer me :
Your application is currently at the IRCC local office in Sydney. This office is verifying if you meet the eligibility requirements to be granted Canadian citizenship. Rest assured that you will be contacted if additional information is needed.
The next step will be to invite you to attend the citizenship ceremony. The local office will schedule an appointment for you in due course, if necessary.

Why! My location office is in Sydney not Ottawa. Because the Ottawa office send me citizens test. They change my case come back Sydney?

From Mar 08 2022-today
Just BG and Test is completed
Others still is in progress

10 months nothing

sambibi

Star Member
Apr 29, 2018
Today the IRCC answer me :
Your application is currently at the IRCC local office in Sydney. This office is verifying if you meet the eligibility requirements to be granted Canadian citizenship. Rest assured that you will be contacted if additional information is needed.
The next step will be to invite you to attend the citizenship ceremony. The local office will schedule an appointment for you in due course, if necessary.

Why! My location office is in Sydney not Ottawa. Because the Ottawa office send me citizens test. They change my case come back Sydney?

From Mar 08 2022-today
Just BG and Test is completed
Others still is in progress

10 months nothing
Is this a response to an ATIP request/notes? I am in the same situation. Thanks

Amr0000

Oct 18, 2021
Finally received the certificate through mailbox. the only thing left is passport application.

next is my wife’s application that is stuck like a lot of you guys here. Lets hope, it gets processed soon too

what was your certificate processing office? and can you tell us when was the mail sent? I am worried that my certificate will not be here before my flight!

ROCK ON

Sep 20, 2021
Paper ! So slowly
Waiting for 10 months now
Still in progress everything
But they said: my case is in local office Sydney not Ottawa . I don’t understand why ? Because Ottawa office send the test to me
what i understood is that test and oath are handled by the local office, whereas prohibition, language, physical presence and background check are handled by Sydney.

Last edited: