+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2021 - Citizenship Applications

5Kent

Star Member
Nov 17, 2021
Ottawa, ON
I am losing my patience and hope here. No movement on my application since February 15 when background verification was marked "completed". I requested GCSM notes on June 8, and I have not gotten anything back from them either (although they promise a 30-day turnaround time).

e_ca

Star Member
May 23, 2016
Thank you. I did call them on Monday and they said all looks good, no concerns from their end. I will wait for few days if I won’t get any updates then will request GCMS notes
i applied for GCMS notes sometime in May End. Till now i haven't got them. So it might take long

Reactions: manmoi31

Sohpie2017

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
I am losing my patience and hope here. No movement on my application since February 15 when background verification was marked "completed". I requested GCSM notes on June 8, and I have not gotten anything back from them either (although they promise a 30-day turnaround time).
I requested a GCM note for my parents on May 25 and no response so far.

Reactions: 5Kent

inq_54

Star Member
Sep 4, 2015
Category........
CEC
You can email them at
ATIP-AIPRP@cic.gc.ca and ask for a status update on your GCMS notes request.

I emailed them after 45 days and even though they didn't respond to my email, I received the notes 3 days later. Could be a coincidence but doesn't hurt to try.

Leamington

Jul 6, 2022
You can email them at
ATIP-AIPRP@cic.gc.ca and ask for a status update on your GCMS notes request.

I emailed them after 45 days and even though they didn't respond to my email, I received the notes 3 days later. Could be a coincidence but doesn't hurt to try.
When you got the notes, they were dated on which date? date of request? or current date?

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
Check your tracker. Maybe you received a ghost update. Look the date on the upper right corner of the screen, close to where the signet is. If it changed to a recent date it means they are working on your application.

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
Hi everyone, I got a ghost update today, but everything else is in progress. Let's hope I get to see the test invite in a week or so, they are really behind ;) Primary Office: Sydney, NS - Secondary Office: Niagara Falls, ON. October 28 online applicant here with AOR: Jan 21, 2022. Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the test after seeing the ghost update?

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
Thanks, I am Oct 24 Online hopefully see some progress soon
I got ghost update (date on the upper right corner changed to July 14). All other aspects are unchanged. Check your tracker and let us know. If you receive the ghost update it means they are working on your application, finally :) and maybe a test invite or FP request is coming.

Reactions: siju22

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
I got ghost update (date on the upper right corner changed to July 14). All other aspects are unchanged. Check your tracker and let us know. If you receive the ghost update it means they are working on your application, finally :) and maybe a test invite or FP request is coming.
Nice I haven’t received any updates yet, did you just see the update or it was in the morning?

Reactions: saou17

Dani_Ela

Jul 14, 2022
Hi everyone, I got a ghost update today, but everything else is in progress. Let's hope I get to see the test invite in a week or so, they are really behind ;) Primary Office: Sydney, NS - Secondary Office: Niagara Falls, ON. October 28 online applicant here with AOR: Jan 21, 2022. Does anyone know how long it takes to receive the test after seeing the ghost update?
It took four days for me; Ghost update on July 7, then update to the 'Citizenship Test' on the 11th. I haven't received the email details yet tho.

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
Nice I haven’t received any updates yet, did you just see the update or it was in the morning?
Just saw the update an hour ago this afternoon (I posted here as soon as I saw the ghost update). Not sure if they updated in the morning or now. Are you also processed in Sydney/NS? Do you know your processing office?

saou17

Oct 18, 2021
App. Filed.......
28-10-2021
AOR Received.
21-01-2022
It took four days for me; Ghost update on July 7, then update to the 'Citizenship Test' on the 11th. I haven't received the email details yet tho.
Are you able to check your email's spam? I heard it sometimes goes there. Or if you got Gmail, check the Notification / Promotions or any other additional tabs you have. Please keep us posted when you get the email. I heard there is a link through the tracker to take the exam. Somebody shared it earlier in some forums. I don't remember when. You could contact IRCC if you don't get the email with test details.

Reactions: Dani_Ela

Dani_Ela

Jul 14, 2022
Are you able to check your email's spam? I heard it sometimes goes there. Or if you got Gmail, check the Notification / Promotions or any other additional tabs you have. Please keep us posted when you get the email. I heard there is a link through the tracker to take the exam. Somebody shared it earlier in some forums. I don't remember when. You could contact IRCC if you don't get the email with test details.
I just checked my inbox and it was there! Sent 1 hr ago.

• Love