+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

Joycan

Oct 16, 2020
Hey. Thanks for the help and advice. I was able to find out that there is in fact an issue between the Singapore/Bangladesh visa offices. To be specific the Bangladesh visa office has been radio silent since it closed for quarantine so unless you went through other channels, you'd be in the dark. Word is it'll reopen on the 15th but that's not official. While it's not the update I hoped for, I definitely feel relief that I finally know something about my situation. Thanks again for your help!
Hey, how did you find out about the 15th, any news on the reopening?
Thanks

Nadster85

Oct 24, 2018
Hello!

Here is my timeline, anyone else in similar position?

I have been waiting since February and no update whatsoever.
Application is with the London Visa Office.

Timeline:
Application Received: 29-03-2019
Medical Test Completed: 24-02-2020
Request for additional documents: IMM5662 / IMM5669 / IMM570 / Police Certificates Completed: 20-02-2020
Background check completed and uploaded (RCMP): 01-03-2020

On the online website this is what I see:
Review of eligibility:
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results:
  • We did not receive the results of your required medical exam. Check your medical exam request message below for details.

Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometric
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Estimated completion date *
- Estimated completion date: October 30, 2020

Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Estimated Completion time: 30-10-2020( in 14 days!)

Is this normal or is there anything I can do to have someone look into it?

Thank you all!
My husband's application was applied for on Oct 9, 2019. We are still waiting. The length of time indicated in the progress bar unfortunately doesn't mean anything. The length of time depends on how slow your visa office is. Mine is very slow.

Nadster85

Oct 24, 2018
Hello!

Timeline:
Request for additional documents: IMM5662 / IMM5669 / IMM570 / Police Certificates Completed: 20-02-2020

Review of eligibility:

• We did not receive the results of your required medical exam. Check your medical exam request message below for details.

Interview

Biometric

Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Thank you all!
Btw ours is also with London Visa Office. They are notorious for slow processing.

Anne16

Star Member
Oct 13, 2016
Philippine
Category........
FAM
Hello!

Timeline:

Review of eligibility:

Interview

Biometric

Background check

Final decision

Thank you all!

Hi,

Were you able to check the message on GCKEY, about your medical exam? FYI, scroll down and look for Message about application. Based on the info above, they did not receive your medical result. Since it appears that you need some additional check up or laboratory. You may contact the agency or company who did you medical exam. Coz it will only take days or weeks for them to forward your medical exam result to VO where your papers will be process.
For me, I personally request for my medical result through email since it doesn't show on my GCKEY. This is just to be sure that they send it on time. On our application, it shows Passed medical exam, then they will start for the background check since I'm done with my biometrics, and no interview request.
Hoping you can get in touch with them soon.

aubi.r

Oct 2, 2020
Hey, how did you find out about the 15th, any news on the reopening?
Thanks
Hey. News of it reopening on the 15th was just a rumour among external immigration agents. Unfortunately we’ve now come to find out it isn’t true. So once again, we’re in the dark. No news so far.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Mississauga.

I received my passport request this morning as well. Things seems to be picking up! Although we still don't have the decision made on the GCKey lol.
Congrats for getting PPR. The last things I would be worried about is GCkey showing DM. You are done, submit it, wait for it to be returned with the COPR and pack your bags!!

nlp

Apr 27, 2020
Congrats for getting PPR. The last things I would be worried about is GCkey showing DM. You are done, submit it, wait for it to be returned with the COPR and pack your bags!!
Thank you!! I'm excited. :) I just got my photos taken today and shipped them off via UPS. Here's hoping it's a quick process! The seven months in-between the medical passing and getting the passport request were stressful enough.

Reactions: rrss13

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
^^This is true. We got our passport request over a month ago and have submitted passports. GCKey is unchanged and still says reviewing eligibility requirements, processing background check, application in progress. In short, no change at all since the medical results were passed. At the top of the page says "Latest update: Review of medical results - [date]".

(Apart from the correspondence in the section below which includes the passport request)

So basically GCKey is good for receiving the correspondence but the rest of the info is hopelessly out of date. ECAS seems to have more info (but I've never been able to get in). Bizarre system.

Reactions: Canada2020eh

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
^^This is true. We got our passport request over a month ago and have submitted passports. GCKey is unchanged and still says reviewing eligibility requirements, processing background check, application in progress. In short, no change at all since the medical results were passed. At the top of the page says "Latest update: Review of medical results - [date]".

(Apart from the correspondence in the section below which includes the passport request)

So basically GCKey is good for receiving the correspondence but the rest of the info is hopelessly out of date. ECAS seems to have more info (but I've never been able to get in). Bizarre system.
Yes the system is pretty convoluted, not a lot of consistency. You are still waiting for your COPR? For some reason I thought you were already in Canada or maybe I just saw you got PPR.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes the system is pretty convoluted, not a lot of consistency. You are still waiting for your COPR? For some reason I thought you were already in Canada or maybe I just saw you got PPR.
Yes, just PPR. There were/are some delays in getting the COPR done, nothing critical.

cbe2020

Oct 19, 2020
Hi all, Just wanted to know if anyone from India has received DM or Passport request in the past couple of months?
My husband is in Quebec and has sponsored me. My application start date 15 Oct 2019 and has crossed 1 year mark. We haven't received any update in GCKey as well as ECAS. So just wanted to check whether others from India are also facing the same slump.

sekhon6862

May 7, 2020
Hi all, Just wanted to know if anyone from India has received DM or Passport request in the past couple of months?
My husband is in Quebec and has sponsored me. My application start date 15 Oct 2019 and has crossed 1 year mark. We haven't received any update in GCKey as well as ECAS. So just wanted to check whether others from India are also facing the same slump.
my file received date is also oct .15. 2019, move to NDVO on dec.12,2019.they have started work on my file on oct. 8,2020. in ECAS status changed in process from received.

NoCompromise

Jan 12, 2020
Hi Guys, October Applicant here.
Our current timeline:
SP: Canadian citizen
PA: Philippines Spouse, 1 dependent
Application Recvd: October 1
AOR1 : Nov. 22,2019
SA:Nov 25, 2019
BR: Nov 23,2019
Biometrics submitted: Nov. 28, 2019
Medical Request: November 25,2019
Medical Passed: December 21 2019
File Transferred to Mississauga: Dec. 5 , 2019..
File Transferred to Manila : Jan 2020
Pre Arrival: Feb 2020
DM & PPR: October 21 2020

Finally after long long months of waiting its here! :D :D