+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 *OUTLAND* SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP

aubi.r

Oct 2, 2020
You could try writing / contacting the relevant visa office or through a webform. Pre-covid there was more consistency that applicants heard from visa office (usually passport request) shortly after seeing DM; now, it seems like it depends more upon whether the visa centre/visa offices are working and actively issuing COPR/visas (i.e. country situation for covid/quarantines etc matters). But if you are past the year mark, try contacting - sometimes shaking the tree does work. What visa office is this?
Unfortunately it's the Singapore visa office, which I've heard not so great things about. But I do know that they are open (albeit with limited services as far as I know) and handing out COPRs. I'm applying from Bangladesh if that's relevant. We've tried contacting them via webform and got a response after 11 days but it was the same generic response that I'm seeing other people receiving as well. The one year mark passed by last September 20th, 2020. It may be worth mentioning that one of the "Good Conduct Certificate's" requested was submitted on March 27th, 2020, just after quarantine had started. I feel like this may have had an effect on our timeline. Regardless, it doesn't changed the fact that we've gone nearly half a year without any updates on our application despite every step having been completed already.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Unfortunately it's the Singapore visa office, which I've heard not so great things about. But I do know that they are open (albeit with limited services as far as I know) and handing out COPRs. I'm applying from Bangladesh if that's relevant. We've tried contacting them via webform and got a response after 11 days but it was the same generic response that I'm seeing other people receiving as well. The one year mark passed by last September 20th, 2020. It may be worth mentioning that one of the "Good Conduct Certificate's" requested was submitted on March 27th, 2020, just after quarantine had started. I feel like this may have had an effect on our timeline. Regardless, it doesn't changed the fact that we've gone nearly half a year without any updates on our application despite every step having been completed already.
I suggest you try every means possible to contact - our visa office (Warsaw) was replying to some emails/questions reasonably quickly, and not just form letter replies. Over a year - you can ask your MP's office to request information. Also order your GCMS notes. Calling IRCC may have a different result than just writing a webform.

Webform seems to be the lowest level of interaction and most likely to get the generic response.

Again, I've no knolwedge that this will work, just more likely to work.

As for Singapore/Bangladesh - again, it may depend on whether they've decided on a procedure for issuing COPRs locally. (There was a bit of confusion for example between Warsaw/Moscow on how they were handling PPRs/COPRs while they were planning or expecting the VAC to re-open - details of different country/office don't matter so much but my point is the disruption in how/where to physically request, receive, and stamp the passports with vairous offices opened/closed seemed to cause part of the delay).

Good luck.

Reactions: aubi.r

aubi.r

Oct 2, 2020
I suggest you try every means possible to contact - our visa office (Warsaw) was replying to some emails/questions reasonably quickly, and not just form letter replies. Over a year - you can ask your MP's office to request information. Also order your GCMS notes. Calling IRCC may have a different result than just writing a webform.

Webform seems to be the lowest level of interaction and most likely to get the generic response.

Again, I've no knolwedge that this will work, just more likely to work.

As for Singapore/Bangladesh - again, it may depend on whether they've decided on a procedure for issuing COPRs locally. (There was a bit of confusion for example between Warsaw/Moscow on how they were handling PPRs/COPRs while they were planning or expecting the VAC to re-open - details of different country/office don't matter so much but my point is the disruption in how/where to physically request, receive, and stamp the passports with vairous offices opened/closed seemed to cause part of the delay).

Good luck.
Thank you for the advice! I'll definitely take it right away. How did you come to find out about the confusion between Warsaw/Moscow? Was the information publicized or did you have to ask them to find out?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you for the advice! I'll definitely take it right away. How did you come to find out about the confusion between Warsaw/Moscow? Was the information publicized or did you have to ask them to find out?
Direct experience and on Warsaw thread here.

aubi.r

Oct 2, 2020
Direct experience and on Warsaw thread here.
Hey. Thanks for the help and advice. I was able to find out that there is in fact an issue between the Singapore/Bangladesh visa offices. To be specific the Bangladesh visa office has been radio silent since it closed for quarantine so unless you went through other channels, you'd be in the dark. Word is it'll reopen on the 15th but that's not official. While it's not the update I hoped for, I definitely feel relief that I finally know something about my situation. Thanks again for your help!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hey. Thanks for the help and advice. I was able to find out that there is in fact an issue between the Singapore/Bangladesh visa offices. To be specific the Bangladesh visa office has been radio silent since it closed for quarantine so unless you went through other channels, you'd be in the dark. Word is it'll reopen on the 15th but that's not official. While it's not the update I hoped for, I definitely feel relief that I finally know something about my situation. Thanks again for your help!
Good luck, there was confusion in Warsaw/Moscow too, with the issue seeming to be whether they'd ask passports to be submitted across borders (ie sent to the hub) or whether they'd wait for the VFS office to open for 'local' submission. It was frankly embarrassing on a lot of levels - wrong information, simpler solutions would have worked, one hand not knowing what the other was doing - but they seem to have (maybe) worked it out. And seemingly no-one knew when the VFS office would open until the day it was announced (and then VFS had perhaps not worked out all the details, at any rate, the website was not up to date).

So it's moving but slowly. And as you found, there really was a problem (it seems to me from the outside) of communicaiton between even the Cdn govt offices in different locales.

aubi.r

Oct 2, 2020
Good luck, there was confusion in Warsaw/Moscow too, with the issue seeming to be whether they'd ask passports to be submitted across borders (ie sent to the hub) or whether they'd wait for the VFS office to open for 'local' submission. It was frankly embarrassing on a lot of levels - wrong information, simpler solutions would have worked, one hand not knowing what the other was doing - but they seem to have (maybe) worked it out. And seemingly no-one knew when the VFS office would open until the day it was announced (and then VFS had perhaps not worked out all the details, at any rate, the website was not up to date).

So it's moving but slowly. And as you found, there really was a problem (it seems to me from the outside) of communicaiton between even the Cdn govt offices in different locales.
Yup, and now it's just a waiting game. Also, do you know if once it shows DM on ECAS, are you supposed to receive some sort of email about it? Or is that just for GCKey updates?

Michael Schumacher

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013

complaingeleno

Jul 25, 2020
I am demotivated after looking at the tracker "https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw/edit#gid=121381705"
It says only 54% of May 2019 applicants got COPR. For sept its 36% and October is 29%. So for almost 70% of applicants, processing time is going to exceed more than 1 year. I wonder how long they will take and whether we will get COPR before 2021 summer. Crazy. I got no reply after Jan 2020 after biometrics complete.
I think it's much more likely people just don't come back to update their applications in the tracker.

Reactions: rrss13

canadan_

Jan 26, 2020
I think it's much more likely people just don't come back to update their applications in the tracker.
I agree, most people are keen to update to begin with but as the process wears on and particularly once they’re all done the impetus wears thin; you can’t use the trackers for any legitimate analysis, just take it with a pinch of salt.

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
I am demotivated after looking at the tracker "https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Gm315tmNKWoywb7PwZBiE67fUmznYQrNhYVWXPXXJBw/edit#gid=121381705"
It says only 54% of May 2019 applicants got COPR. For sept its 36% and October is 29%. So for almost 70% of applicants, processing time is going to exceed more than 1 year. I wonder how long they will take and whether we will get COPR before 2021 summer. Crazy. I got no reply after Jan 2020 after biometrics complete.
Also keep in mind that only a percentage of people applying are on this site so you might not be getting an accurate picture.

Reactions: DiiDii

ushma rao

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
Finally my ECAS status has changed from application received to in process today. October 7th 2019 applicant. File transferred to NDVO in December.

Reactions: DiiDii

JohnnyToronto

Star Member
Jan 21, 2018
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Bogota
Also keep in mind that only a percentage of people applying are on this site so you might not be getting an accurate picture.
As well I notice some start filling it out and stop after a while to it skews the results. I've stopped relying on it for status just like that useless tracker line on the GCkey which is only a countdown and not tied to the progress of the actual application.

DiiDii

Apr 8, 2019
Toronto Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston VO
App. Filed.......
01-23-2020
AOR Received.
02-06-2020
File Transfer...
23-01-2021
Med's Request
18-09-2020
Med's Done....
23-09-2020
Passport Req..
13-07-2021
As well I notice some start filling it out and stop after a while to it skews the results. I've stopped relying on it for status just like that useless tracker line on the GCkey which is only a countdown and not tied to the progress of the actual application.
It's still better then the Gckey Tracker, that's a time tracker. Better than nothing