+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2019 Inland Spousal Sponsorship****

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
Why would you want to call them? There is no activity for owp except approved. So idk why you cannot link but my application was received a day before you and still haven’t received anything. You would have to call in February. Wait until those who sent their application around same time as you receive their owp in mail. If you still don’t get anything, then call. Otherwise, you can still call and ask if they can find it with your uci if you added in the 5710 form.
It's just scary that I can't link since it makes me think something went wrong or it got lost or that i forgot something stupid. I don't like the fear of having to leave my partner if I never get my OWP and my extension gets denied for whatever reason and I should be getting a decision on that next month so of course I'm worried.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
To leave your partner to go where? You applied inland, no? Or you mean relationship issue because of owp??

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
To leave your partner to go where? You applied inland, no? Or you mean relationship issue because of owp??
No, I'm saying because if my extension gets denied and I never get my owp, then I'll be out of status and will have to go back to the states. That's why I'm so adamant on making sure my owp is in the system.

strssincanada

Star Member
Oct 9, 2010
No, I'm saying because if my extension gets denied and I never get my owp, then I'll be out of status and will have to go back to the states. That's why I'm so adamant on making sure my owp is in the system.
I understand brother/sis, I am in same boat as you are but if it makes any better, I have not even received AOR yet. It is ridiculous that its take them so long for OWP to process and that can put us out of status. That's what I was trying to make someone understand that its unfair for inland applicants where ouland PR application get approve in less than 6 months and inland applicants can't even get OWP approve.

Ridiculously slow process. Not sure why i pay damn 30k in taxes every year.

Last edited:
Reactions: KuroNeko26

harind17

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
You don't have to go back to states even if your OWP is refused/delayed (chances of OWP refusal for inland with a valid status are very rare). As long as your OWP is not returned, you will be in status. IF your OWP app is returned for some reason, then you may be out of status if you don't send it back again before you ETA expires.

Your PR app will continue processing even if you are out of status. Its just that while out of status you won't get OWP until AIP. You don't have to go back to states even in that case.

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
You don't have to go back to states even if your OWP is refused/delayed (chances of OWP refusal for inland with a valid status are very rare). As long as your OWP is not returned, you will be in status. IF your OWP app is returned for some reason, then you may be out of status if you don't send it back again before you ETA expires.

Your PR app will continue processing even if you are out of status. Its just that while out of status you won't get OWP until AIP. You don't have to go back to states even in that case.
My application got recieved October 17th and my visitor status ran out on November 1st and I'm on implied status right now currently waiting for a decision on my visitor extension that I also submitted in October. If my owp and extension both get returned/denied won't I be told i have to go back since I'll have no status at all at that point?

Shanghai911

Star Member
May 19, 2019
My application got recieved October 17th and my visitor status ran out on November 1st and I'm on implied status right now currently waiting for a decision on my visitor extension that I also submitted in October. If my owp and extension both get returned/denied won't I be told i have to go back since I'll have no status at all at that point?
I haven't read about it so much yet, but I see a lot of people doing a "restoration of status" when their OWP request gets returned... Might want to look into this.

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
At this point I'm just debating giving up because the stress of the OWP is starting to be too overwhelming especially if I did forget something or even forget to put the whole application in the envelope.

nav4321

Aug 25, 2016
Just an update to my application.

Linked my OWP+ PR Application to GC KEY on January 6th 2020.

Seems like I never got my AOR because they did not have my email in file (Weird because I put my email in like 2-3 different forms and my gckey website has my e-mail as well).

Sent a webform to get that fixed.

According to IRCC agent whoever applies for OWP (Temporary residence) gets their application received date backdated for 1 week.

Example: I sent my application on October 30th, it says received since 23rd October. So we get 1 week bonus so a person is not out of status.

Now, waiting for OWP approval.

Reactions: PrincessButtercup

nav4321

Aug 25, 2016
At this point I'm just debating giving up because the stress of the OWP is starting to be too overwhelming especially if I did forget something or even forget to put the whole application in the envelope.
Please call IRCC via phone, they really do help with applications. I didnt ever get my AOR and was helped by an agent with updates.

Also, when linking the OWP application, what information and category are you selecting?

pamelab

Nov 22, 2019
Did you apply as a spouse or common law partner? Asking because saw in the excel file you also applied from BC. I only got AOR still waiting for the permit, hope it goes as fast as yours!
Sorry it took a long time!
Spouse and he's American.

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California
Please call IRCC via phone, they really do help with applications. I didnt ever get my AOR and was helped by an agent with updates.

Also, when linking the OWP application, what information and category are you selecting?
I followed the correct directions stated many times on the fourms and even tried multiple different combos of my information with no success. I have terrible phone anxiety so I'm dreading having to call over something that might not even exist.

KuroNeko26

Mar 12, 2018
California

I had already sent an email to them as well and they said they can confirm that I can't link it since my application is still waiting to be processed. I'm hoping this means that they have it but it sounds just like a generic answer when an application isn't in the system yet.