+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

October 2019 - Citizenship Applicants

Vanecenz588

Star Member
Jan 2, 2021
hello everyone !! I got the update on the new Citizenship portal that by end of next week i will be able to take the test. What are some good test sites where i can practice, Discover Canada has a lot of history questions as well is there any questions get asked from them? Can anyone share what kind of questions are actually asked?
Hi congratulations, your best source would be the Discover Canada book, try reading and understanding it first and then theres a lot of practice test that u can visit, dont know any link tho, i just google it..some of the memebers here were able to provide these link, u just got to go thru the forum tho..
And not to be rude but as much as possible try to avoid asking about what questions are being ask in the test because its not really permitted ;) #peace
Some might slip to answer your request and be in trouble and u dont want that specially in social media right
Anyway 100% for sure u will pass as long as u read the #discover canada book

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
hello everyone !! I got the update on the new Citizenship portal that by end of next week i will be able to take the test. What are some good test sites where i can practice, Discover Canada has a lot of history questions as well is there any questions get asked from them? Can anyone share what kind of questions are actually asked?
Congratulations!

Someone shared this. Give that post a read. All the best!

vnsse

Star Member
Feb 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I passed test last friday :) how long does it take to oath after test? :)

Reactions: wstrn24

erable_rouge

Mar 5, 2014
Ontario
App. Filed.......
29-04-2016
Doc's Request.
05-31-2017
AOR Received.
AOR1:- 1 June 2016 ; AOR2:- 29 June 2016
IELTS Request
Sent with application
LANDED..........
3 Aug 2017
I know, it doesn't sound very nice. However, as Ahmed15, said for some reason ( or no reason ! ;)) they are taking up to 2/3 months for oath invites. But, never know if you are lucky and get an invite. any sooner. I finished my test on 03/15/2021 and interview on 04/14/2021 ... decision made...but still waiting.

Reactions: Vanecenz588

Rebotman

Star Member
Jul 15, 2019
Hello everyone,

I am planning to leave Canada and settle in another country mainly due to my wife's job as she got the job offer. My wife and kids already got their Canadian citizenship back in 2019.
My application is still under review and only 1 step is completed which is background check rest all steps are pending. I applied in Oct 2019 as had some travels and was short of days, then the covid19 hit put a huge delay :-(

Would greatly appreciate if someone can advice and share some guidance interms of how can we declare ourselves nonresidence, do I need to contact IRCC and CRA. Also I am worried will this impact my citizenship case if we have no ties here in canada and declared nonresidence. Worried about the whole thing and greatly appreciate your guidance and advice/experience.

Cdrocks89

Oct 19, 2015
Edmonton, AB
Visa Office......
Edmonton

Hey, did you already got email from them or not yet ? I am also from edmonton with family file.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello everyone,

I am planning to leave Canada and settle in another country mainly due to my wife's job as she got the job offer. My wife and kids already got their Canadian citizenship back in 2019.
My application is still under review and only 1 step is completed which is background check rest all steps are pending. I applied in Oct 2019 as had some travels and was short of days, then the covid19 hit put a huge delay :-(

Would greatly appreciate if someone can advice and share some guidance interms of how can we declare ourselves nonresidence, do I need to contact IRCC and CRA. Also I am worried will this impact my citizenship case if we have no ties here in canada and declared nonresidence. Worried about the whole thing and greatly appreciate your guidance and advice/experience.
You should still maintain your PR status up until the point you take the oath of citizenship for you to successfully complete the process.

If you intend on getting your citizenship process completed in the near future, it might not be the best idea to announce to IRCC that you are moving permanently to another country while your citizenship application is in process.

I've seen some movement in October 2019 files. Apply for GCMS notes to see where you stand.

I'm not telling you what to or what not to do here but just throwing a bit of caution.

You might want to check with other members here to see what they have to say. @dpenabill , what do you think?

Mexontario

Sep 9, 2020
Windsor, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
02-05-2014
Doc's Request.
23-06-2014
AOR Received.
04-06-2014
File Transfer...
23-06-2014
Med's Request
23-06-2014
Med's Done....
07-08-2014
Passport Req..
26-09-2014
VISA ISSUED...
18-11-2014
LANDED..........
04-04-2015
Hello everyone,

If your wife is a Canadian citizen and you are accompanying her, dont worry about PR status. It is valid and you can count those days spent outside Canada for residency obligations. Refer to PR card application form, IMM5444E, Section D, Situation 1 for more details.

Regarding address communication to IRCC, it is up to you to decide. You can open a Non-resident account with CRA by logging into your CRA account. Hope it helps.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Hello everyone,

You should still maintain your PR status up until the point you take the oath of citizenship for you to successfully complete the process.

If you intend on getting your citizenship process completed in the near future, it might not be the best idea to announce to IRCC that you are moving permanently to another country while your citizenship application is in process.

I've seen some movement in October 2019 files. Apply for GCMS notes to see where you stand.

I'm not telling you what to or what not to do here but just throwing a bit of caution.

You might want to check with other members here to see what they have to say. @dpenabill , what do you think?
Observations by @Mexontario cover the essentials . . .

. . . except for noting the risks involved in regards to the citizenship application. There both logistical risks (such as, for example, not getting notices in time to return to Canada in time for scheduled events) and increased procedural risks of non-routine processing.

As @Mexontario notes, one of the significant risks (more so currently given the impact of Covid-19 resulting in much longer timelines), being sure to stay in compliance with the PR Residency Obligation, is essentially solved because the credit toward the RO for time abroad accompanying a Canadian citizen spouse is applicable here.

The risks are discussed in more detail in topics specifically about moving abroad while the application is pending (some refer to "traveling" abroad, but they are really about moving abroad). Other than recognizing the significantly increased risk for something like RQ, quantifying the risks of non-routine processing is extremely uncertain.

In regards to updating information with IRCC, the applicant's address in particular, that is a bit more tricky. This too is discussed in more depth in at least some of the topics where going abroad after applying is the primary subject. Views vary. I offer NO advice about how to approach this aspect. I have, however, frequently reminded applicants that notifying IRCC of material changes in the information provided in the application is mandatory and that misrepresentation includes misrepresentation by omission.

eececpr

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Just received my Citizenship Certificate in the mailbox.
The feeling is out of this world, thanks for all the support from this community and blessings from family and God.
It has been a long but worthwhile journey. A new chapter of my life begins.

Good luck to everyone else. Have a good life ahead.

Salyo

Star Member
Feb 28, 2020
Hi Everyone,

New tracker updated my status: Oath Ceremony now shows in progress

Citizenship Oath activity status updated on May 25th
Scheduled for Citizenship oath on June 17th.

Best for luck to everyone :)
[/QUOTE hello congratulations. I have a question for you . My status test completed and background also completed. My language and probited in progress so just wanted to know while they changed to your oath comleted they also changed all as a completed all the same time or step by step please let me know.