Feb 26, 2018
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
30-10-2018
Ok. Then we have a different scenario if he was on an implied status when he sent the owp application. He needs to have legal status (not implied status) in order to be elegible for the OWP.

I dont remember if you already said it before. Did he apply for a visitor extension and that gave him implied status because his visitor status expired and he is waiting for the result of the extension?
His visitor status would have expired September 29, 2018. We submitted a visitor extension request at the beginning of September, but the backlog seems to be pretty bad, so he hasn't heard anything about it yet. We sent the OWP and PR at the beginning of October.

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
His visitor status would have expired September 29, 2018. We submitted a visitor extension request at the beginning of September, but the backlog seems to be pretty bad, so he hasn't heard anything about it yet. We sent the OWP and PR at the beginning of October.
Understood. He is on implied status due to his visitor extension app, nothing to do with the OWP which accordingly to the requirement he is not yet elegible. Hopefully his extension will be approved and he will be able to have WP.

honylalwani

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
AOR Received.
06-02-2016
Med's Request
27-10-2016
Med's Done....
31-10-2016
Passport Req..
23-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-01-2017
LANDED..........
07-01-2017
My TimeLine:

Application sent : October 4, 2018
Application received : October 9, 2018
AOR received : October 26, 2018
PR application linked: October 26, 2018
WorkPermit Application linked: October 30, 2018

Wish you all luck and fast processing.
Can you please help me on linking OWP application for my wife?

Reactions: Huntstory

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
Update

My sponsor received today a letter requesting an undertaking to be sent to Midi (Quebec) for sponsor approval and CSQ.

So, here is my timeline so far (without OWP):
App sent: Oct 5th
App received: Oct 9th
AOR: Oct 26th
CSQ request: Oct 31st.

Applicants from Quebec will hear soon, prepare the forms!!!

Reactions: danielt and baimmeb

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Can you please help me on linking OWP application for my wife?
This might help:
First, go to https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/account.html
Scroll down and click on Continue with GCKey
Sign up and/or Sign in with the Principal Applicant's credentials (the one who is being sponsored)
Click on Add (link) your application to your account
Select Category: Temporary Residence
Sub Category: Work Permit and Extension
Select: UCI and Family Name
UCI: Fill in the Principal Applicant's UCI Number (should be the same 8 digit number on the PA's Visitor's Visa/Work/Study Permit)
Family Name: Fill in the Principal Applicant's last name
Select: Passport (PA's) and fill in the details
Select Work Permit Type: Open (initial application or extension)
Current Country of Residence: Canada (if you are Inland applicant; otherwise, your current country of residence)
Current Marital Status: Married or Common-law
Which Situation Applies to the Applicant: Applied for PR as a spouse or common-law partner in Canada.

Reactions: baimmeb

elcwhitney

Oct 25, 2018
Lethbridge, AB
App. Filed.......
15/10/2018
LANDED..........
01/08/2018
Awesome news elcwhitney! Very happy for you. We were able to link our PR the day we got AOR, and just linked OWP this morning.
I've tried linking and I've exceeded the amount of tries in 24 hours o_O lol! So I'll try again this evening.
So after people have received their AOR what is generally the next step, besides wait?? Anything to do to keep the process moving along?

Reactions: baimmeb

dstpcansgirlfriend

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
30-10-2018
I've tried linking and I've exceeded the amount of tries in 24 hours o_O lol! So I'll try again this evening.
So after people have received their AOR what is generally the next step, besides wait?? Anything to do to keep the process moving along?
Ha, we were worried about that too, after everything we read. Hopefully it will link soon.

I think you just have to wait, but experts can weigh in :)

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
Not really... You are expecting to see either your OWP approval or Medical Requests in 7 to 9 weeks from the date you received your AORs. Mostly OWP approvals come first but lately lots of applicants from July and August are getting their Medical Requests first. So you might be looking at mid-December to late-January depending on when in October you submitted your applications, plus the Holidays.
On the positive side, the general processing times are getting faster, especially yours (October applicants) - breaking the fastest records with your AOR times. :)