+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****October 2018**** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
Hi,

I have sent an application for PR for my wife on Oct 4th and received on Oct 9th in Canada Class.

Received AOR on 26th October, 2018. I was able to link PR application, Cannot link my work permit application.

Please help.
I tried to link my PR app to GCkey and it didnt work. ‍

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
i sent the webform to correct an error on one of my application forms... because i selected "common-law relationship " but mine is "spouse" so i sent them the webform and they emailed me back saying: "they have already forwarded my information to responsible office.. they will contact me if they need further information.. blah blah blah.... " so i was thinking what? i didnt have AOR how you can forward my inforamtion to office if no one has opened my application yet?
Hahahahahaha good question!! If you dont have app number yet they will do nothing. I don't think they fix this kind od mistakes with webform. In my opinion either they will ignore the mistake or send it back or ask you to send another form. Last option would make more sense.

dstpcansgirlfriend

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
30-10-2018
Thanks! We hope so too. I think he's starting to go a little nuts not working.

We're just paranoid that we forgot a signature somewhere (even though we went through the completed application several times). . I hope the rest of your application goes smoothly. It seems like they're doing medical requests relatively quickly as well.

Reactions: elcwhitney

Betabr

Mar 21, 2018
Thanks! We hope so too. I think he's starting to go a little nuts not working.

We're just paranoid that we forgot a signature somewhere (even though we went through the completed application several times). . I hope the rest of your application goes smoothly. It seems like they're doing medical requests relatively quickly as well.
Thanks! I know what it is to be here without work.. :/
Same happened with me, I was already doubting that I signed all the forms and put the right ticks in the checklist. lol It my be because we keep reading about someone else's experience.

Not sure if they will ask for medical before CSQ (I am in Quebec). It will be even better if they request both at the same time. :D

dstpcansgirlfriend

Star Member
Feb 26, 2018
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
AOR Received.
30-10-2018
It's hard for sure, but it'll be worth it at the end :)

I think you're right about getting paranoid from reading everybody else's experiences. I am so grateful for the forum though - it made me super aware of what to watch for when submitting the forms.

nathalie_s

Oct 27, 2018
I sent my application and was received on October 26th. Although I just realized I missed paying the full OWP fee (only paid $100). So I will try call them on Monday and see if I can send the payment without having my application returned.

baimmeb

Nov 21, 2016
Calgary, AB
I sent my application and was received on October 26th. Although I just realized I missed paying the full OWP fee (only paid $100). So I will try call them on Monday and see if I can send the payment without having my
I didn’t even pay my OWP. So I’ll just wait for my OWP returned and I’ll submit again when I have extra $255 for that since i still have my three-year post-graduate work permit valid till July 2019. ( I have paid so much money for this visa /permit shit when i come to Canada as an international student before )

elcwhitney

Oct 25, 2018
Lethbridge, AB
App. Filed.......
15/10/2018
LANDED..........
01/08/2018
I sent my application and was received on October 26th. Although I just realized I missed paying the full OWP fee (only paid $100). So I will try call them on Monday and see if I can send the payment without having my application returned.
I’m in the exact same boat. I only paid the $100, but after reading all this I just paid the remaining $155 and I might just go to the cic office here in town where I live and see if I can’t submit the receipt through them.
I wouldn’t know where to start with calling!! Would love to know how it works out for you.

june394

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018
I’m in the exact same boat. I only paid the $100, but after reading all this I just paid the remaining $155 and I might just go to the cic office here in town where I live and see if I can’t submit the receipt through them.
I wouldn’t know where to start with calling!! Would love to know how it works out for you.
I've managed to reach them more than 5 times by calling 1-888-242-2100 then pressing 2-1-1-0 when navigating through the self-serving options from the menu. People here suggest that you try calling them early in the morning, but it never worked for me unlike calling between 10-11:30 am. Just be ready to make more than 10 phone calls to break through the "unable to transfer you to an agent" message :(

barsarah

Oct 3, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga, ON
App. Filed.......
12-09-2018
AOR Received.
11-10-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2018
Med's Done....
06-12-2018
Interview........
06-06-2019
LANDED..........
06-06-2019
I read it on multiple threads that CIC only returned their OWP application and proceeded with their PR application.

For example, you can see it on @niamahmoud 's timeline, an applicant from May 2018:
(PR & OWP) received: May 1 2018
AOR: June 12 2018
OWP Returned (Due to insufficient funds): June 14th 2018
OWP resent to Vegreville: July 16th 2018

Medical Request: 26th September 2018
RCMP Fingerprint Check request + Updated Passport Request: 26th September 2018
Medical Received: 22nd October 2018
Medical Passed (as seen on GCkey): 25th October 2018
OWP Approved: 26th October 2018

As you can see, he got his AOR first but then after 2 days (due to insufficient funds), he got his OWP application returned. He sent it back in July and just got his OWP approval yesterday.
Hope this gives you guys a bit of a relief :)

honylalwani

Star Member
Oct 21, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2015
AOR Received.
06-02-2016
Med's Request
27-10-2016
Med's Done....
31-10-2016
Passport Req..
23-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-01-2017
LANDED..........
07-01-2017
I submitted my spouce’s application on 3rd October which was received by CIC on 4th October.

I just received AOR on 25th October which is exact 3 weeks after they receive our file.

I linked my application today. Just thought of sharing my timeline