+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****October 2018**** INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP

baimmeb

Nov 21, 2016
Calgary, AB
i think i will apply my OWP over next month or so lol time for OWP since my Post-graduate Three year work permit will be expired in July lol but dont think my PR will be approved by then so yeah time for OWP lol

Feb 7, 2019
Hello All,

I am wondering if the approval of OWP mean anything for the PR application? Like, does it mean that the PR application was complete and no problems are foreseen? Is it possible to get OWP approved but PR rejected?

Just curious if anyone has any idea how the 2 applications are related in terms of assessment and approval.

Thanks and wishing everyone the best!

june394

Star Member
Oct 7, 2018
Hello All,

I am wondering if the approval of OWP mean anything for the PR application? Like, does it mean that the PR application was complete and no problems are foreseen? Is it possible to get OWP approved but PR rejected?

Just curious if anyone has any idea how the 2 applications are related in terms of assessment and approval.

Thanks and wishing everyone the best!
Unfortunately they are not related :( OWP is being processed separately from PR, and PR app can still be rejected even if OWP is approved.

Reactions: returning-canuck

rio5

Nov 9, 2016
Hey guys!
Applied: Oct 31, 2018
AOR: Nov 20, 2018
Med Exam passed: Feb 7, 2019 (did not receive email, but saw status online)

I noticed that a lot of people from the same timeframe are beginning to receive their OWP. That made me go back and double check my application. I think I was a dummy and didn't submit for an OWP. I have been on the CIC website today and am a little confused at which permit I need to apply for while waiting for PR -- or if it's even possible to submit now. Does anyone have any helpful knowledge on this?

I've looked at the open work permit application online -- do I say I am going to be in Canada temporarily (over 6 months)?

Last edited:

Ngongocminhduc

Dec 31, 2018
My timeline:
Applied: Oct 30, 2018
AOR: Nov 17
Linked: Nov 17
MR: Jan 3
Passed: Jan 11 ( did not received e-mail, saw online)
Background check: not applicable
I didnt submit OWP with PR in Missa
I submited extend visitor with OWP paper based on Oct 25 in Edmonton Center.
Linked extend visitor: Jan 30 and just progress....
I came canada on June 17
I am waiting so long....:(
The mistake is my lawyer did not submit PR and OWP together.
So i just need the extend visitor that approved, After that my OWP will be approved. Haiz

Ashie

Star Member
Oct 17, 2012
Hello!
Guys I Need help on how to cancel an online application i’ve already submitted.
I applied for visitor permit extension last month. My OWP was approved this month. Since I do not need the visitor extension, can I cancel it?
Thanks a lot.

prashant.kr05

Star Member
Jan 21, 2019
Hello!
Guys I Need help on how to cancel an online application i’ve already submitted.
I applied for visitor permit extension last month. My OWP was approved this month. Since I do not need the visitor extension, can I cancel it?
Thanks a lot.
I also did the same thing. I also applied for the extension just to make sure that I am in status... I also wanted to know that should we leave it as it is or should we cancel it?