Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
I got the exact same response and after reading so many posts even I'm wondering if it is security screening.

When I called, the agent said security has not started and eligibility is still in progress. So it doesn't really make sense for me to be in security screening when security has not started and eligibility is still in progress.
How to understand if you're under SS? I was told that my security is in progress, could it be SS? Thanks
Yes, so security in progress means SS.
If you want to know what is going on in SS you can check that by ordering CBSA and CSIS notes. The processing time at this stage totally varies, some applicants clear this stage in a month or so, and some cross the mark of 6 months in this stage only.

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
If you want to know what is going on in SS you can check that by ordering CBSA and CSIS notes. The processing time at this stage totally varies, some applicants clear this stage in a month or so, and some cross the mark of 6 months in this stage only.
but for me the agent said security not stated so am I still in security screening?

whiterabbit

Apr 4, 2019
Do you mean that SS is a general stage for everybody? I got a ghost update one month ago, guess it was the beginning of the security check. So is it ok that my security is still in progress?

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
Do you mean that SS is a general stage for everybody? I got a ghost update one month ago, guess it was the beginning of the security check. So is it ok that my security is still in progress?
I have usually been told that security only starts after eligibility is passed. so your eligibility is passed?

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Yes SS is a stage for everyone generally after Criminality, in criminality, your PCC is validated, whereas in security CBSA and CSIS checks your life history, no one knows what all they can check

Reactions: whiterabbit

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
He was told that security is in process, what did your agent tell you, like what stage it is?
After I got that exact same response from Ottawa I called agent and she said criminality passed, eligibility in progress and security not started.

I specifically asked her if I am in security screening and she said security doesn't start until eligibility has been met

Immigration_guru

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
After I got that exact same response from Ottawa I called agent and she said criminality passed, eligibility in progress and security not started.

I specifically asked her if I am in security screening and she said security doesn't start until eligibility has been met
In your case, eligibility started again because of the ADR, you might have seen RR also in your application

Reactions: SithLord

SithLord

VIP Member
Aug 18, 2017
In your case, eligibility started again because of the ADR, you might have seen RR also in your application
So I think it must be because of the CSE I sent for WES, they must have opened eligibility again for me.

So stupid, should have gotten PPR by now if I had kept quiet lol