+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

Jojo18

Jul 12, 2018
Singapore visa office. Received October 2017, processing in Jan 2018. CSQ request and sent March 2018, Medical request March 2018. Medical have been received on April 2018 and do not any update yet.:(Someone please help me I don’t know How long have to wait and what next step? :(
9 months :( :(

alq

Star Member
Dec 4, 2017
Hi,

Normally how long it will take to get our passport back after GCKey changed to " Approval"?

Karachi1

Star Member
Nov 13, 2017
Hi, my husband is principal applicant and I am the sponsor (i am permanent resident have applied for citizenship staying in Canada). in Appendix A updated information form column asking for PA and spouse both info should my husband needs to fill in his and mine info too in that form? please reply or does it only required my husband's (PA) info as he is only one whom i am sponsoring there is no child

sarahelkholy

Oct 26, 2017
Kuwait
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga, Canada
App. Filed.......
30-10-2017
Hi everyone,
Can someone please help me with the following:
I have applied for spousal sponsorship for my husband by end of October 2017, finished his police certificate and medical and got transfered to Visa office back in Jan. And we have just received the following letter from IRCC stating the following:
"Client Information: We note that your sponsor has been absent from Canada since 2007.
Please let us know why you have now decided to establish your residence in Canada
and which steps you have taken so far to prepare for your your future move to Canada,
e.g. contacting potential employers, registering with professional associations etc. This
must be received at this office by: 2018/09/10"

Can you help me understand this better, as to what they need us to send them exactly?
What kind of proof or documents i can provide to have his application accepted?

They need me to provide the documents within 45 days from today.
Would appreciate your responses
Thanks

amoten1984

Jan 13, 2018
Hi, my husband is principal applicant and I am the sponsor (i am permanent resident have applied for citizenship staying in Canada). in Appendix A updated information form column asking for PA and spouse both info should my husband needs to fill in his and mine info too in that form? please reply or does it only required my husband's (PA) info as he is only one whom i am sponsoring there is no child
Hi,

Can you share copy of the form?

Anuquz

Feb 19, 2015
Hi!! I have sponsored my husband who is british. We are currently living together with two kids in Dubai. I have applied back in Oct 19. On IRCC website in GCkey sign in it says they have recieved application on Dec 19. The timeline is,
Applied: Oct 19
Recieved: Dec 19
Medical and police certificate: send it on March 16
VO: Mississauga and will stay there
BCG started processing: July 19
Looks like 19 is my lucky number lol!
Any idea how long it takes to get the PPR? And the other question is: my husband passport was expiring on Feb 06 2019 which is 6 months from now. So he send a request for new one. Do we have to send both old and new passports when PPR is requested? And how long do they give to send the passport in?
Any help would be great

rackishaquarian

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
TORONTO
Category........
FAM
Hi!! I have sponsored my husband who is british. We are currently living together with two kids in Dubai. I have applied back in Oct 19. On IRCC website in GCkey sign in it says they have recieved application on Dec 19. The timeline is,
Applied: Oct 19
Recieved: Dec 19
Medical and police certificate: send it on March 16
VO: Mississauga and will stay there
BCG started processing: July 19
Looks like 19 is my lucky number lol!
Any idea how long it takes to get the PPR? And the other question is: my husband passport was expiring on Feb 06 2019 which is 6 months from now. So he send a request for new one. Do we have to send both old and new passports when PPR is requested? And how long do they give to send the passport in?
Any help would be great
Would be difficult to predict how long it will take but since passport is about to expire you can renew passport and send webform of the same with scan copy of it ,, once they receive it they will update it in file .even if you get ppr they ask you to make sure your passport is valid for 12 months

Reactions: Anuquz

rackishaquarian

Star Member
Sep 12, 2014
TORONTO
Category........
FAM
Hi everyone,
Can someone please help me with the following:
I have applied for spousal sponsorship for my husband by end of October 2017, finished his police certificate and medical and got transfered to Visa office back in Jan. And we have just received the following letter from IRCC stating the following:
"Client Information: We note that your sponsor has been absent from Canada since 2007.
Please let us know why you have now decided to establish your residence in Canada
and which steps you have taken so far to prepare for your your future move to Canada,
e.g. contacting potential employers, registering with professional associations etc. This
must be received at this office by: 2018/09/10"

Can you help me understand this better, as to what they need us to send them exactly?
What kind of proof or documents i can provide to have his application accepted?

They need me to provide the documents within 45 days from today.
Would appreciate your responses
Thanks
Really difficult question better call ircc to clarify or contact a experienced immigration lawyer who can help

Anuquz

Feb 19, 2015
Would be difficult to predict how long it will take but since passport is about to expire you can renew passport and send webform of the same with scan copy of it ,, once they receive it they will update it in file .even if you get ppr they ask you to make sure your passport is valid for 12 months
Okay make sense!! Thanks for the help. :)

Jul 31, 2018
Dear Members,

I am a Permanent Resident sponsoring my wifes Spousal sponsorship from Outside Canada (From India).

Below is the status which I can see.. Not sure why we are not having any updates on her account at all. It is been 8 months completed already and no Medicals examination requested yet. We are really worried and the whole family is really looking forward.

1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 26, 2017.
2. We started processing your application on February 2, 2018.
3. We sent you a correspondence on December 20, 2017. If you has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until we receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

As mentioned in #3, my wife's PCC was sent before the time mentioned and no updates since then. The application package has been sent to NewDelhi, India and no response after that. Not sure, what is really happening with the application, as there is not even a single response since February 2, 2018.

Do you guys know of any process delays?

Any information with respect to this, will be really appreciable.

Thanks,
Naveen.

BlueRodeoFan

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
Dear Members,

I am a Permanent Resident sponsoring my wifes Spousal sponsorship from Outside Canada (From India).

Below is the status which I can see.. Not sure why we are not having any updates on her account at all. It is been 8 months completed already and no Medicals examination requested yet. We are really worried and the whole family is really looking forward.

1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 26, 2017.
2. We started processing your application on February 2, 2018.
3. We sent you a correspondence on December 20, 2017. If you has not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until we receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

As mentioned in #3, my wife's PCC was sent before the time mentioned and no updates since then. The application package has been sent to NewDelhi, India and no response after that. Not sure, what is really happening with the application, as there is not even a single response since February 2, 2018.

Do you guys know of any process delays?

Any information with respect to this, will be really appreciable.

Thanks,
Naveen.
It looks like NDVO has gone through most of September files and should be starting October any day. There hasn't been much activity since last Tuesday so I have no idea when they will be starting October. There was roughly 2 and half week gap (last week of June and the first week and a half of July) before they started back with September and what was left of August. I have no idea if there will be a similar 2.5 week gap before October starts or longer or they could start tomorrow (Wednesday). The only thing predictable with NDVO is they are unpredictable.

Wishing you all the best!!!

Jul 31, 2018
It looks like NDVO has gone through most of September files and should be starting October any day. There hasn't been much activity since last Tuesday so I have no idea when they will be starting October. There was roughly 2 and half week gap (last week of June and the first week and a half of July) before they started back with September and what was left of August. I have no idea if there will be a similar 2.5 week gap before October starts or longer or they could start tomorrow (Wednesday). The only thing predictable with NDVO is they are unpredictable.

Wishing you all the best!!!
Thanks for your reply @BlueRodeoFan . Since the actual processing time is only 4 months from now, so there are few important steps to be completed. Was wondering if CIC could complete the application on time, provided everything works well and has someone seen any delays post the processing time.