+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

CButler

Feb 27, 2018
Hi All,

I'm an American applying for PR in Canada with my husband, a Canadian citizen, as my sponsor. After reviewing the very helpful Outland Application spreadsheet, I have some questions about our application processing times, which are as follows:

Application received: Oct 20th, 2017
Acknowledgement of reciept: Dec 5th, 2017
Sponsor approval: Dec 7th, 2017
Schedule A & police certificate request: Dec 8th, 2017
They are not requesting a medical exam.

We have not received any notification or updates since submitting the additional documents in early December, nor has there been any change to our application status through ECAS (still says "Application Received"). Looking at the spreadsheet, it seems others who submitted to the Mississauga office around the same time now have applications that are considered "In Progress," and have had some subsequent communication from CIC.

Is our lack of progress unusual, or even cause for concern? Is it possible CIC just has yet to updated the status in my ECAS account? I'm debating whether or not to call the Mississauga office, but thought i'd consult this group first. Any insight would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

karagreer

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2017
Doc's Request.
29-09-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
File Transfer...
14-11-2017
Med's Request
10-11-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2018
LANDED..........
12-09-2018
Yes, same with me:
"Application status We are processing your application.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We are reviewing the additional documents you provided.
Interview You do not need an interview.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints.
Background check We are processing your background check.
Final decision Your application is in progress."

At the same time yesterday, February 26, 2018 came letter with Passport Request, stating:
"...The processing of your application for PR in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps withing 30 days in order for our office to issue your CORP and. if applicable, PR visa...."

Meanwhile ECAS does not show DM and mycic information is above.

What does it mean and what will follow?
It might just be a glitch - a bunch of us are experiencing similar problems in our status updates today. For example, some statuses have a completely blank line. So they're probably working on something on the site.
Otherwise, it could just be that they went ahead and updated it to "reviewing the additional docs" because they're expecting your passport copy soon from the Passport Request... same thing happened with our medical - it said "reviewing results of your medical exam" after they had requested it but before we actually completed it.

yukkiRN

Star Member
Nov 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
Med's Done....
22-12-2017
Hi All,

I'm an American applying for PR in Canada with my husband, a Canadian citizen, as my sponsor. After reviewing the very helpful Outland Application spreadsheet, I have some questions about our application processing times, which are as follows:

We have not received any notification or updates since submitting the additional documents in early December, nor has there been any change to our application status through ECAS (still says "Application Received"). Looking at the spreadsheet, it seems others who submitted to the Mississauga office around the same time now have applications that are considered "In Progress," and have had some subsequent communication from CIC.

Is our lack of progress unusual, or even cause for concern? Is it possible CIC just has yet to updated the status in my ECAS account? I'm debating whether or not to call the Mississauga office, but thought i'd consult this group first. Any insight would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Hi, I am US citizen (when I applied I was a Japanese citizen) applying for PR with my Canadian husband. My application was received on Oct 19th and my ECAS also still saying application received. The difference between us is the medical. I was asked for medical exam and have done in December 2017. Did you see no message "Medical Report - Section A Client identification and summary (IMM 1017E)" under application message section on GCkey?

Pritch52

Oct 5, 2014
Hi All,

Thanks!
I'm an American too and my wife is sponsoring me, but we both live in the US right now. They received ours on 10/3/2017 and like you, we didn't receive any notifications or updates. It all just happened last week when I noticed my ECAS changed to decision made and then I got PPR right away. GCKEY still shows the exact same thing haha... I wouldn't worry to much, but I would call them just to be safe. I've tried calling them multiple times from the U.S but I could never talk to anyone, even with *67.

karagreer

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2017
Doc's Request.
29-09-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
File Transfer...
14-11-2017
Med's Request
10-11-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2018
LANDED..........
12-09-2018
Hi guys my status says on the phone, we need documentation, you will received a letter or email resquesting it. What it means? So anxious... what do they want now?
What stage are you at in your application timeline? It could be passport request if you're near the end of your process. Another possibility: some of us who are sponsors and are living outside Canada have received request for additional documentation that shows that the sponsor plans to return to Canada once the PA gets PR. This info is required in the original application, but some of us are getting a request for additional documentation that proves our intent to return to Canada.

Totonium

Dec 7, 2016
What stage are you at in your application timeline? It could be passport request if you're near the end of your process. Another possibility: some of us who are sponsors and are living outside Canada have received request for additional documentation that shows that the sponsor plans to return to Canada once the PA gets PR. This info is required in the original application, but some of us are getting a request for additional documentation that proves our intent to return to Canada.
Hi Kara, I am also a Sponsor living outside Canada. I sent in letters from friends and a "plan" to move Canada including proof of funds for such plans in an account in Canada. Well, I dont know what they want yet, just checked the status on the phone and that was the change of status. It might be something else like an error... god knows. Let's wait and see...

My stage it is that it was sent to the VO in Mexico in Jan 17. So thet owuld be A0R2.

How about you? What did you sent in as proof of "intent" to move?

Last edited:

CButler

Feb 27, 2018
Hi, I am US citizen (when I applied I was a Japanese citizen) applying for PR with my Canadian husband. My application was received on Oct 19th and my ECAS also still saying application received. The difference between us is the medical. I was asked for medical exam and have done in December 2017. Did you see no message "Medical Report - Section A Client identification and summary (IMM 1017E)" under application message section on GCkey?
Hi yukkiRN,

Thanks so much for your reply. I did not see any such message, but rather one that says "medical results have been received" (I mistakenly submitted them earlier). Apart from the recognition that CIC has received them, I have not heard anything else. Sorry I can't be more helpful!

CButler

Feb 27, 2018
I'm an American too and my wife is sponsoring me, but we both live in the US right now. They received ours on 10/3/2017 and like you, we didn't receive any notifications or updates. It all just happened last week when I noticed my ECAS changed to decision made and then I got PPR right away. GCKEY still shows the exact same thing haha... I wouldn't worry to much, but I would call them just to be safe. I've tried calling them multiple times from the U.S but I could never talk to anyone, even with *67.
Thanks so much for your reply and helpful suggestion! I just called and though I was not able to speak to anyone (shocking) the automated system provided some helpful updates; our additional documents were received, they are assessing whether I meet the eligibility requirements, and our BGC is being processed. Good to know for the future that GCKEY and ECAS are not always synchronized, nor always the most accurate reflection of the application status.

Thanks again!
-Caroline

Reactions: Pritch52

yukkiRN

Star Member
Nov 30, 2017
Nova Scotia
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
Med's Done....
22-12-2017
Hi yukkiRN,

Thanks so much for your reply. I did not see any such message, but rather one that says "medical results have been received" (I mistakenly submitted them earlier). Apart from the recognition that CIC has received them, I have not heard anything else. Sorry I can't be more helpful!
Oh I see, then you'd be fine medical wise, unless the process takes time and your medical got expired. Well, then we are on the same boat...just anxiously waiting! Good luck to us all.

Alex54321

Jul 28, 2017
USA
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
20-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
It might just be a glitch - a bunch of us are experiencing similar problems in our status updates today. For example, some statuses have a completely blank line. So they're probably working on something on the site.
Otherwise, it could just be that they went ahead and updated it to "reviewing the additional docs" because they're expecting your passport copy soon from the Passport Request... same thing happened with our medical - it said "reviewing results of your medical exam" after they had requested it but before we actually completed it.
Yes, probably a glitch or in our case may be just a delay/sync. Just checked ECAS system and now I see DM for PA. Inside they added a bullet "We sent XXXX XXXXXXXXX correspondence on February 26, 2018", which was a Passport Request. At the same time at MYCIC no changes at all from what I put above.

Reactions: posse

karagreer

Star Member
Jul 29, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
17-08-2017
Doc's Request.
29-09-2017
AOR Received.
22-09-2017
File Transfer...
14-11-2017
Med's Request
10-11-2017
Med's Done....
04-12-2017
Passport Req..
05-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
26-03-2018
LANDED..........
12-09-2018
Hi Kara, I am also a Sponsor living outside Canada. I sent in letters from friends and a "plan" to move Canada including proof of funds for such plans in an account in Canada. Well, I dont know what they want yet, just checked the status on the phone and that was the change of status. It might be something else like an error... god knows. Let's wait and see...

My stage it is that it was sent to the VO in Mexico in Jan 17. So thet owuld be A0R2.

How about you? What did you sent in as proof of "intent" to move?
Yes, it could just be an error... I've seen a few posts today in different threads that all say that their status updates are showing incorrect updates, so it might be the system glitch. Keep checking your email just in case it is a request for documents.

As for my proof, I included a statement of intent in our original application and some evidence of housing research/planning but since we were not very far ahead in our moving plans at that time, I made it clear in my statement that I can supply updates and more evidence if they need it, as we progress further with our moving plans. Sure enough, they requested additional info around the time that my husband's (PA) application started undergoing background check and eligibility, and just after they sent him the Pre-arrival letter. I have already been approved as a sponsor, so part of me wondered if this was just a formality with certain applications.
As for the additional documents for proof of intent, I included an updated statement; a letter of support from my brother and one from my aunt, who both live in Canada; a letter from my husband's employer (Starbucks) stating his knowledge of our plan to move together and his support for helping my husband transfer to a Canadian location since it's an international company; copies of emails between me and my family discussing my moving plans; samples of apartment & job searches and email inquiries/responses from rental properties; copies of flight itinerary from two recent trips to my hometown of Toronto (where we intend to live) to visit family; and a couple other documents showing support of our plans... it sounds like a lot that I included, but it's because I haven't lived in Canada since I moved away with my father, brother, and stepmom when I was a teenager, so since I've never lived in Canada as a legal adult, I didn't have the same kind of proof that some citizens abroad might have, such as owning property or having a bank account or a former job that they plan to return to. Either way, I feel like there's only so much proof you can have when the timing and details of your move to Canada is dependent on when your spouse gets approved...I can't accept a job yet or sign a lease just yet because we don't know our exact move date until he gets confirmation of PR. :confused: This whole process really keeps you in limbo, doesn't it?

tholudee

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
11-10-2017
on a friends profile he is stating , He is seeing Permanent resident card application on His Gckey , still awaiting meds
request and ppr , am not sure what to tell him

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Please where does the applicant stay....Just wondering why they process some applications in Mississauga.
CIC will process all US applicants' cases fully at CPC-Mississauga, and a selected few that met OB570 criteria (Extremely Straight Forward Cases) applicants's cases will be fully processed by CPC-Mississauga as well.

The advantage of processing by CPC-Mississauga is that the process time seems a lot shorter than most of local VOs. Currently, the trends showing that the total process time of CPC-Mississauga is around 4 and half to 5 months.

tholudee

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
11-10-2017
Can you reword your question ? I’m having trouble understand what you’re trying to ask.
He saw permanent resident card submission on his gckey is that a great sign, he his still awaiting meds request and ppr from his VO