+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
are you sure? i remember reading that you only get 7 days
I am one hundred percent sure as someone who linked 7 months in.

It gives you a deadline and I think they do that because they anticipate sending schedule a and PCC request within that timeline but you can link at any time.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
If so why they ask you within 7 days? And we try all the possible ways to answer but still doesn't work
See my post above. Trust me, we applied Mar 1 and linked mid October out of curiosity. Don't panic if you can't get it within the timeline. If just sponsor and applicant have you tried putting 2 as number of people on application, and have you tried single as marital status?

There are also a number of threads with helpful tips

Starview

Nov 18, 2017
I am one hundred percent sure as someone who linked 7 months in.

It gives you a deadline and I think they do that because they anticipate sending schedule a and PCC request within that timeline but you can link at any time.
Thanks for your answer. Do you have any idea why is so difficult to link it

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Thanks for your answer. Do you have any idea why is so difficult to link it
It really depends on the application. I think their online systems need a fair bit of updating. I also think sometimes it's human error, like if the officer entered the information in wrong...that does happen. Sometimes it's just the combination of the right tips and tricks.

Ecas is more accurate anyways, which is what I always used

Reactions: Starview

Onceagain2step

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
If you haven’t linked your application after seven days, we’ll send you an email or letter asking for the requested documents. If you’ve received this letter, it means you are no longer be able to upload the documents through your online account, even if you link your application at this time. However, we recommend that you still link your application to an online account so that you can receive and respond to any follow-up correspondence we send you.

Important information:
The deadline for submitting the information or documents will be the same, even if you choose not to use your online account or communicate by email.

Failure to respond to a request to submit documents within the timeframe provided could result in the refusal of your application.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
If you haven’t linked your application after seven days, we’ll send you an email or letter asking for the requested documents. If you’ve received this letter, it means you are no longer be able to upload the documents through your online account, even if you link your application at this time. However, we recommend that you still link your application to an online account so that you can receive and respond to any follow-up correspondence we send you.

Important information:
The deadline for submitting the information or documents will be the same, even if you choose not to use your online account or communicate by email.

Failure to respond to a request to submit documents within the timeframe provided could result in the refusal of your application.
Just a side note
You can still submit anything you need by CSE or mail (which is what we did for everything and had no issues)

Reactions: Starview

posse

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
17-10-2017
Doc's Request.
06-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-12-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2017
Med's Done....
13-12-2017
If so why they ask you within 7 days? And we try all the possible ways to answer but still doesn't work
are you entering 2 for number or applicants if its just you and your spouse?

go back over your application and make sure you are entering the birthplace exactly how it is in the application you filled. make sure the date of birth is correct also.

sometimes people say they had to put a space in front of city name

posse

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London, UK
App. Filed.......
17-10-2017
Doc's Request.
06-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-12-2017
File Transfer...
17-01-2018
Med's Request
06-12-2017
Med's Done....
13-12-2017
the following is from a spreadsheet

Go to the following address:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/account.asp
Continue to GCKey. After you create your account, link your PR application to the account. (If you do not have a representative (lawyer), you will be able to link your application to your account)
1. Log in with GC Key account.
2. Permanent Residence > Family Class (Spouses)
2. Application Number and Family Name - Copy/pasted application number from email (including the F) and entered PA's last name.
3. City of Birth - I entered 1 space (hit spacebar once)
4. Country of Birth - Selected PA's country of birth
5. Passport Info - Did not enter any passport info
6. Other Application Info - Filled out the other application info as per our application and put '2' as the number of members in the application (Assuming 1 PA, 1 Sponsor, 0 dependents)

Starview

Nov 18, 2017
the following is from a spreadsheet

Go to the following address:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/account.asp
Continue to GCKey. After you create your account, link your PR application to the account. (If you do not have a representative (lawyer), you will be able to link your application to your account)
1. Log in with GC Key account.
2. Permanent Residence > Family Class (Spouses)
2. Application Number and Family Name - Copy/pasted application number from email (including the F) and entered PA's last name.
3. City of Birth - I entered 1 space (hit spacebar once)
4. Country of Birth - Selected PA's country of birth
5. Passport Info - Did not enter any passport info
6. Other Application Info - Filled out the other application info as per our application and put '2' as the number of members in the application (Assuming 1 PA, 1 Sponsor, 0 dependents)
Are you sure you did not enter any passport info since it is required in red colour !!!!!