+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****OCTOBER 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

BlueRodeoFan

Star Member
Aug 26, 2017
Hello, it was a silly mistake on my part. Form IMM5406 Additional Family Information. At the top I didn't put my information as the spouse. The crazy thing was I had it there originally and then we had re-fill the form because we were missing his sister's addresses. So we redid the form and I took out my info. Not sure what I was thinking. I guess the best rule is don't second guess yourself <LOL>. But when I got it back I hand wrote it in, which I hope they will accept.

I did know the application was going to be returned because after I mailed it I found out the marriage certificate that I included wasn't the correct one. However when the application was returned the only thing they mentioned was the one form. So I don't know if they accepted the certificate I had included or if they have several people review the application and it was just the forms that were reviewed for me and someone else would review the other documentation, which might explain why some people have the application returned multiple times. Anyway it gave me the opportunity to add the marriage certificate. I'm hoping there won't be any other issues. The waiting is the hard part. It took 44 days from the time the application was received the first time and when I got it back. I just hate that we lost that time, but there's nothing I can do about it now. I only hope I get my AOR sooner rather than later.

Pritch52

Oct 5, 2014
Hello, it was a silly mistake on my part. Form IMM5406 Additional Family Information. At the top I didn't put my information as the spouse. The crazy thing was I had it there originally and then we had re-fill the form because we were missing his sister's addresses. So we redid the form and I took out my info. Not sure what I was thinking. I guess the best rule is don't second guess yourself <LOL>. But when I got it back I hand wrote it in, which I hope they will accept.

I did know the application was going to be returned because after I mailed it I found out the marriage certificate that I included wasn't the correct one. However when the application was returned the only thing they mentioned was the one form. So I don't know if they accepted the certificate I had included or if they have several people review the application and it was just the forms that were reviewed for me and someone else would review the other documentation, which might explain why some people have the application returned multiple times. Anyway it gave me the opportunity to add the marriage certificate. I'm hoping there won't be any other issues. The waiting is the hard part. It took 44 days from the time the application was received the first time and when I got it back. I just hate that we lost that time, but there's nothing I can do about it now. I only hope I get my AOR sooner rather than later.
It's just the Applicant that fills that out, right?

Markyeth

Oct 4, 2017
Sent mine on October 16th, delivered on the 18th. I’m worrying about something on the Additional Family Information. I only did 1 form just for my spouse(Principal Applicant). I guess they need forms for her siblings and parents too. I hope they won’t send our application back.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Sent mine on October 16th, delivered on the 18th. I’m worrying about something on the Additional Family Information. I only did 1 form just for my spouse(Principal Applicant). I guess they need forms for her siblings and parents too. I hope they won’t send our application back.
No...see definition of family members in glossary: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp

Family members
An applicant’s closest relatives, in the context of an application to CIC. It is defined as a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children.

Markyeth

Oct 4, 2017
No...see definition of family members in glossary: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/glossary.asp

Family members
An applicant’s closest relatives, in the context of an application to CIC. It is defined as a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children.
Oh I see, Thank you very much! There is one more thing that bugs me, so my wife didn’t see the date format on the siganatures on every application form. She wrote the date in a wrong format, i used a correction tape and wrote the right format. Do you think they’ll reject it for that reason?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Oh I see, Thank you very much! There is one more thing that bugs me, so my wife didn’t see the date format on the siganatures on every application form. She wrote the date in a wrong format, i used a correction tape and wrote the right format. Do you think they’ll reject it for that reason?
I am inclined to say no, although you never know with CIC. Try not to overthink it

Reactions: Markyeth

canadaVisa10

Star Member
Oct 9, 2017
Hopefully they will too. I had submitted my application in August (arrived on the 30th) and signed up for the text and they sent me the text when they got it. Then my application was returned, arriving on 13 October with a minor issue with one of the forms. I fixed the form and sent it back it but before I did it I printed the bar code again for the text message and included it and they sent me a text when they got it on Oct 16th. So here's hoping you will get the text message too.

I wonder if those that didn't get the text forgot to include the sheet with the bar code?

Oh as this is my first post, I'm the sponsor. I'm sponsoring my husband from India outland. I'm really hoping that the application will not be returned again. I think it's okay but who knows. I just want to have the processing started.
Thanks BlueRodeoFan! That's encouraging. I'm sorry to hear your application was returned. I think I did read more than a few accounts of returned applications receiving AOR faster --perhaps because their packages have already been reviewed and the missing info identified and fixed-- so I hope you don't have to wait the full average time of fresh applications.

WeegieInOttawa

Champion Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ottawa
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London (UK)
App. Filed.......
24-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
File Transfer...
24-01-2018
Med's Request
11-12-2017
Med's Done....
02-01-2018
Not sure if this is the right place but i would like added to the spreadsheet..

Family Class (common law) - Outland - I (principal applicant) live in Canada with my sponsor. I am originally from the UK.

App sent 24th October. Received/signed for 25th Oct.

Thanks!

Christine M

Star Member
Oct 5, 2017
Yes that's right, I've subscribed before they've stopped it then sent my application on October I'd still received a text confirmation.
Cheers, kcward7. If subscribed before September 30th though, even if the application was sent in October, I'm assuming the pilot program will apply.
ghy

Reactions: jdCanadian

jdCanadian

Star Member
Jun 22, 2017
Yes that's right, I've subscribed before they've stopped it then sent my application on October I'd still received a text confirmation.

ghy
Thanks for the headsup, Christine! I should have been clearer with my tenses. I was only explaining that that was the assumption that I'd based an earlier question on that kcward7 had quoted :) Sorry about the confusion. Anyway, it's good to hear that CIC is following through on promises.

Reactions: Christine M

saxiaoli

Aug 1, 2017
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
02-06-2018
AOR Received.
03-19-2018
Just mailed our application today from Vancouver! Hopefully they'll receive it by Monday.
I am a PR living in Canada, and my husband is living in Korea (but travels in different country every month due to his job, and visits me every 1-2 months). Does this count as OUTLAND? We want the application/visa to be processed in Canada instead of Korea, anyone knows how the PA Visa Office is determined?

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Just mailed our application today from Vancouver! Hopefully they'll receive it by Monday.
I am a PR living in Canada, and my husband is living in Korea (but travels in different country every month due to his job, and visits me every 1-2 months). Does this count as OUTLAND? We want the application/visa to be processed in Canada instead of Korea, anyone knows how the PA Visa Office is determined?
Yes, this is outland. You must both be living in Canada to apply inland.

The application will almost certainly not be processed in Canada.

Not sure what VO you will be assigned to - you should be able to research what VO processes Korean applications.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
Looks like Manila processes Korean apps:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/manila.asp